The SLO

I think this is good example where making comments is difficult.
I’m a Rangers employee so can’t comment really on referees. You’re also asking me to publicly comment on my opinion on what a senior figure at the club thinks.
However, we as a club released a statement calling for VAR in Scotland as we believe that it would raise the standards of decisions in Scottish football.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Firstly, re your last sentence (highlighted), how did that work out for Rangers?

The press release after the Celtic game was weak at best, and the failure to address the cheating that your customers have to sit through week in, week out is disgusting to many of us.

I just wanted to know if the club are publicly going to address the perception that Rangers are being treated differently, not asking for a critique of individual decisions / officials.

An element of the Rangers support don’t think that we are being treated fairly, Rangers as a viable plc / sporting entity are nothing without the support / paying customer.

There should be no problem in saying that the club aren’t going to address this any further, if that is the case.

The paid executives’ silence - barring the VAR statement - speaks volumes, and I promise you that the posts I’ve made today are in no way a criticism of yourself.

If the club is unwilling to publicly criticise the cheating that we have to pay to sit through ( even since the resumption after the winter break ) it is shameful, a lot of Bears are running out of time, not saying that they deserve trophies, but they don’t deserve being cheated out of them.

cheers

sorry I rambled on again.

Last edited:
It would be a decent idea to have Greg on one of the fans podcasts. Heart and Hand would be preferable as it has the widest audience.
He could do a lot worse than appearing somewhere like that, talking through his back story and explaining just what his role does and doesn’t cover. I’m sure he would have some good stories to tell as well.
@David Edgar @Greg Marshall is this something you guys could make happen? I think it would make for good listening.

Your post (below) was about fans continually having a go, re match officials, it is imperative that we keep having a go. Was just wondering if having a go about their inaction re the club being cheated virtually every week was okay?

Chenksy said:
No just twitter unfortunatel, some fans just want to have a go at the club constantly, even in here we get it

cheers
You’ve misunderstood my post mate, it wasn’t about fans having a go at the club regarding match officials, just that some fans seem to want to have a go at the club in general no matter what they do, as I said earlier I think we should be calling out officials and the lies the media print at every turn and I certainly don’t think the club is exempt from criticism but I think some folk like to moan for the sake of it

Serious question? Did Jim Hannah get the same level of criticism when he was in post?

I remember when the job was advertised reading the job spec and thinking to myself what the club were expecting from one person would be very difficult to achieve and could’ve been roles for two people. (on 100k a year each) haha

You’ve misunderstood my post mate, it wasn’t about fans having a go at the club regarding match officials, just that some fans seem to want to have a go at the club in general no matter what they do, as I said earlier I think we should be calling out officials and the lies the media print at every turn and I certainly don’t think the club is exempt from criticism but I think some folk like to moan for the sake of it

Sorry Chenks, my mistake.

Cheers

It would be a decent idea to have Greg on one of the fans podcasts. Heart and Hand would be preferable as it has the widest audience.
He could do a lot worse than appearing somewhere like that, talking through his back story and explaining just what his role does and doesn’t cover. I’m sure he would have some good stories to tell as well.
@David Edgar @Greg Marshall is this something you guys could make happen? I think it would make for good listening.

Ideally if there was a forum with fans, the club could cite the supports concerns re contentious issues to allow them to publicly address them, if Stewart Robertson & co are afraid of governing bodies.

ie when you look at the evidence I’ve can totally get nderstand whey an element of our support feel like match of finals have heated them out if a trophy and numerous victories of late.

The tims used a QC as a surrogate years ago and he, in part, was responsible for the shíte show that we have to put up with week in week out.

well he is the suppporter LIASON officer so technically i would have thought whenever a supporter wants the club to sort ANYTHING, its within his remit?

Surely if somebody has a problem with ticketing they’d be better served contacting the Ticket Office Manager?

Generally, a supporter should go to the appropriate department in the first instance and if unhappy with their response then can come to myself. My extensive bounceback email points people in the right direction (though often they don't read it lol)

Ticketing is the most obvious - I get info on tickets but I have no control over ticketing decisions/sales so I can't fix a missed payment or check a person's individual history.

Serious question? Did Jim Hannah get the same level of criticism when he was in post?

I remember when the job was advertised reading the job spec and thinking to myself what the club were expecting from one person would be very difficult to achieve and could’ve been roles for two people. (on 100k a year each) haha
He got as bad. I fact id say people accused him of being a lacky... like greg theres things he couldnt say or do while being a employee of the club..

Today will be good, Hearts emails out...

Tweets along the lines of "a guy in my bus had Livi, StMirren and now Hearts, I have only had hearts at Hampden"

He has never sent a letter out to our fans telling them to wash which has went viral and caused years of mock and ridicule

Rangers SLO 1-0 Celtic SLO

did they count the semis or finals? Did they optionally purchase any? Or they just wrong?
The games he listed appear legit. Suppose there must be a tipping point where the categories allocated could push people ahead if that makes sense. As more people have categorised games others wont have and will heighten chances of certain games.
Does the years allocation roll to next?

Back