The SLO

1 man for a support the size of ours simply isnt enough .

I feel for the man . Hes in the front line and taking a barrel load each day across multiple platforms.

There should be a team of people working in their own department for this job .

1 man would be fine at a smaller club like St Mirren or Ross County / even the likes of Hearts and Hibs - but with Europe and us always filling away allocations its a nightmare job.

See reading this guys twitter, how much would you need paid to do his job?
All joking aside I am not sure 100k per annum would make me want it.
He gets the blame of everything from lack of away tickets, car parking, travel club issues, quality of pies, Woolworth's shutting and storm Dennis.

Does a great job IMO.

95k, that's my final offer
He gets the blame of everything from lack of away tickets, car parking, travel club issues, quality of pies, Woolworth's shutting and storm Dennis.

In all seriousness, I know I will get the usual 'you would say that'
Bur from my point of view he has a lot of assets, He is well educated, polite, well mannered, and is very dignified with trying to deal with other peoples problems.
He goes out of his way to help our fans and in my opinion, couldn't be more helpful.
We were sitting at Christmas Dinner when people actually message him, am I the only one that thinks that is wrong? He replied.
I have no idea why people would have a problem with someone like this.
And for people that say they don't know what his job is then to criticise him for not doing his job?
As far as I am aware there were 96 candidates for the position of SLO and Greg was their number one Choice.
I feel much better now

I would hope this is closer to his wage. 100k would be far too much for a role like his.

Stewart Robertson is on £5k a week (addiction).

Way overpaid (no doubt get annihilated for saying this - don’t care - the club’s unwillingness to go public on what we see week in week out re match officials is negligence ).

same with anyone that works in the travel club or ticket office they are just trying to do a job to the best of there ability. any time I have had any dealings with any of the above they are excellent.
No matter what job you do there are always people that know better, usually the ones with no experience in that job. That's why I never criticise anyone in their given profession

I mean,you know about his eduction history ?

Impressed in the job interview ?
It's a mandatory position we have to fill.

What I meant is that the job has a very vague remit covering all sorts of areas. I wonder what other than being a Rangers fan, a notable one, would you need to be able to fill a role that is inevitably going to be a thankless task. What degree qualifies you for something like that?

I also said he's good at it.

Are you happy with the manner in which the club have publicly handled the incidents that have cost Rangers points / a trophy / players due to didgy match officials?
No definitely not, not quite sure why you would think I was, I think we should be calling refs out at every “mistake” they make but I’m not quite sure how that’s relevant to the post that u quoted from me

I definitely did see this thread and think “what have I done now?”

I appreciate the kind words from many in the thread. My job is an absolute honour but it does take a certain mindset to be able to handle the challenges and pressures associated.

Reading this thread has shown that some still don’t quite get my role and position but it’s a continual process. I’m not always able to comment on the work that I do but that doesn’t mean I’m not doing it! Another mention was in relation to my work with the board. Generally I deal with the exec board of the club and not the plc board. A distinction that I don’t think is generally considered outside of the club.

The volume is excessive, specifically as the customer service aspect of my role is just one part of it. Long term I would love us to add more in to the role but we need to be patient.

The role that I do at the club is very different from anything done at the club before and the role of the SLO is something that will grow across football in the next few years. We have a network in Scotland and will have the opportunity for UEFA training which I am really looking forward to.

I really do think what is quite crucial towards the SLO on Twitter following out his role correctly is:

1. Supporters know exactly what his role is.
2. Subsequent replies to SLO's tweets are appropriate and relevant to what he has already posted.
3. Supporters don't spam his Twitter page up with god-awful Twitter gifs or pictures that seem to have replaced words in this day and age.

Maybe if he provided a list of everything he's actually responsible for, then it would stop people contacting him for the things he's not responsible for.

As it stands, nobody really knows what his full remit is.
Probably a list he couldn't make...

Aberdeen Football Club often competes for third place in Scottish football and has a proud and successful heritage backed by a dwindling support. We are now seeking to forge a new partnership between the Club, its supporters and the wider community and are looking for a passionate, knowledgeable, confident and outgoing supporter to fulfil the role of Supporter Liaison Officer.

Working to enhance our positive relations, this is an opportunity to participate in a new era at the club, defined by close partnerships with supporters and key stakeholders, with a commitment to enrich the values that makes this club an integral part of its community.

Reporting to the Customer Services Manager, the Supporter Liaison Officer will be based at Pittodrie Stadium and be responsible for the following:

• Develop a comprehensive understanding of relevant matters affecting the relationship between the Club and its supporters (e.g. health & safety regulations; ticketing; social media; PR/Marketing; travel arrangements etc.)
  • Attendance, availability and point of contact at home and away matches
  • Effectively monitor, collate and manage positive and negative feedback from supporters, liaising with relevant AFC departments, and other stakeholders as necessary
  • Pro-actively work to continually improve relationships with key stakeholders
  • Establish and maintain communication with SLOs (or equivalent) at other clubs, and with relevant stakeholders
  • Pro-actively seek out relevant good practice at other clubs, and progress necessary improvements at AFC
  • Identify and progress opportunities to engage with all relevant stakeholders to promote dialogue and to improve mutual understanding
  • Organisation of meetings with supporters, and dissemination of relevant information
  • Assist in the development and delivery of fan engagement and match day activities
  • Work closely with the Club in preparation for all matches, home and away, to ensure that relevant matters are shared appropriately
  • Attend Pre-ops meetings relating to home matches
This role requires strong communications skills, both verbally and written, with the candidate demonstrating strong IT skills, while possessing an understanding of social media tools. The ability to display objective and professional conduct is essential.

Core office hours will be 25 per week, however the successful candidate should be available for evening and weekend work where this is required to meet business needs.

Sheep SLO role above.

His job is thankless. Those suggesting it’s easy money are delusional.

Sadly, I’d hazard a guess that he deal with more throbbers than normal folks. Maybe well trained being from a pub background.

Last edited:
mentally challenged role reports directly into the CEO.

Not sure Greg reports to Robertson. I think he did previously confirm that, but I’ve forgotten.

No Woolies?

Where are we supposed to purchase Ronco products, Top of the Pops LPs with a woman singing Anarchy in the UK on them, re-issues of albums aimed at the deaf and the senile on the MFP (Music for Pleasure - more like Punishment) label or cassettes with popular acts from the charts displayed on the front and all their greatest hits listed on the back...plus the text "A Tribute To" in font size 1 above the name of Shaky or Adam Ant?

Is Woolco still open?

No???!!!

Sack the cúnt!

Met Greg a few times, think he does a terrific job. He's one of us, that should never be forgotten.

For those willing to slag him and tell the world how much you'd love to work for Rangers that's fine....problem being is that you're probably no where near good enough for Rangers.

However crack on with the pointless put downs of our own.

His role is to link the fans with the club. A role worth nowhere near £100k a year.

I'd think the 30k mark would be nearer?

A thankless task really, seen him sorting disabled persons access in Macedonia so gets the thumbs up from me in his work.

My line managers are the heads of safety and security but I have the freedom to go to anyone in the club directly. I regularly meet with Stewart.

You’ll clearly know the role better than me. But to me, that just further emphasises the point on where Rangers view fan engagement.

That doesn’t feel like the right home for the role.

No definitely not, not quite sure why you would think I was, I think we should be calling refs out at every “mistake” they make but I’m not quite sure how that’s relevant to the post that u quoted from me

Your post (below) was about fans continually having a go, re match officials, it is imperative that we keep having a go. Was just wondering if having a go about their inaction re the club being cheated virtually every week was okay?

Chenksy said:
No just twitter unfortunatel, some fans just want to have a go at the club constantly, even in here we get it

cheers

My line managers are the heads of safety and security but I have the freedom to go to anyone in the club directly. I regularly meet with Stewart.

Firstly, apologies if this is a bit of a ramble, I’m now in the position where it is likely that the ne of my dearest loved ones won’t see Rangers win the league again (or at the very least remember it), if we win it this year he will, next season - too late.

Does Stewart Robertson think that there is a problem with how Rangers are being treated by match officials, and if so is he aware that there is a serious issue for a growing element - albeit a minority - of the support ( paying public )?

I really hope that you can answer this question, I’ve been to too many funerals in the last 8 years where Bears have died, not knowing whether or not Rangers would ever get back to the to.

When we got back to the top many of us hoped that the club would ensure that we would, at the very least, overtly fight our corner, In the last 2 1/2 months (three weeks off which was a winter break )Rangers as a club, team, support (customer base) have been cheated more than I can remember than at any time that I can remember and n the 37 years that I’ve been going to see Rangers play.

Why aren’t the club going public, it’s cost us a trophy, numerous points and the very enjoyment of watching a fair fight.

I hope you can respond, sorry about rambling on,

cheers

Last edited:
Firstly, apologies if this is a bit of a ramble, I’m now in the position where it is likely that the ne of my dearest loved ones won’t see Rangers win the league again (or at the very least remember it), if we win it this year he will, next season - too late.

Does Stewart Robertson think that there is a problem with how Rangers are being treated by match officials, and if so is he aware that there is a serious issue for a growing element - albeit a minority - of the support ( paying public )?

I really hope that you can answer this question, I’ve been to too many funerals in the last 8 years where Bears have died, not knowing whether or not Rangers would ever get back to the to.

When we got back to the top many of us hoped that the club would ensure that we would, at the very least, overtly fight our corner, In the last 2 1/2 months (three weeks off which was a winter break )Rangers as a club, team, support (customer base) have been cheated more than I can remember than at any time that I can remember and n the 37 years that I’ve been going to see Rangers play.

Why aren’t the club going public, it’s cost us a trophy, numerous points and the very enjoyment of watching a fair fight.

I hope you can respond, sorry about rambling on,

cheers

I think this is good example where making comments is difficult.
I’m a Rangers employee so can’t comment really on referees. You’re also asking me to publicly comment on my opinion on what a senior figure at the club thinks.
However, we as a club released a statement calling for VAR in Scotland as we believe that it would raise the standards of decisions in Scottish football.

The celtic slo is mostly hated or untrusted by many the mentally challenged support sue to him and his pal at the ticket office favouring certain supporters clubs etc ive no doubt there is a lot of jealousy by rangers fans of the slo and mistrust ( not justified) and many will not say on here but possibly because of who his father is.. as i said earlier n the post its a thankless job..

Back