The sound of silence

The 290 Duke

I've noticed a few posts now regarding the silence from Rangers after the debacle recently.

Do you think we are contemplating pushing forward legally or are we now watching them all fight amongst themselves with the 'hang as the grow' attitude?

As in other posts its ultimately how things pan out in the short term I'm still Fucking Angry the club didn't call that out for the cut & shut job it was on that aspect alone considering what they cunts could gain financially.

Amazing how it takes the sleeping giant to garner support for the elements of the stitch up that affected others to get behind our proposal & everything it highlighted in the context of consequences for others but were quite happy to put the boot in 8 years ago in a similar stitch up the parallels are so striking it's Ironic !

For the moment what uefa do or others propose to do to Uefa may have consequences but we are in the mix by putting those Bastards at Hampden on notice at the very least.

I think the club is Watching it all implode In the SPFL, with a wry smile. It's up to Hearts and others now, to take their SPFL manafactured situation to court. If they don't that's their problem. I'm at the situation now it's dog eat dog, feck them all. Frankly my dear I don't give a damn, except for the Gers that is.

We don’t need to do anything just now Doncaster and his fellow incompetents are ensuring that the SPFL is seen to be falling apart. Press reports indicate different view on the merits and possibilities of restructuring with other clubs having questions asked about their understanding and actions relative to theIr corporate governance.

Meanwhile over at Ibrox we move serenely on making changes to the squad for next season while sorting our commercial problems off the park.

We have no need to wade at this point we just bide our time, and it is coming soon.

I've noticed a few posts now regarding the silence from Rangers after the debacle recently.

Do you think we are contemplating pushing forward legally or are we now watching them all fight amongst themselves with the 'hang as the grow' attitude?
There is no chance of us backing down. It’s all about timing now and what Hearts & Partick do when reconstruction is blocked again.

The Doncaster piece that came out today shows that club are right to be holding off for the time being.

The old saying "give them enough rope" would be true but as can be seen by the utter ineptness from Doncaster, he doesn't need anyone giving him any. He's managing just fine on his own.

Just further evidence that we can bring to the table imo.

Exactly.

A bit more patience from some is required. We are not going to get the change we want overnight.

I think what most people want to know is what constitutes patience.

Is it a week, a month, three months, six months, a year.

The narrative seems to be changing from "Rangers need to take this all the way, take it to Court if need be" to "Rangers should just sit back and do nothing, let the rest fight it out amongst themselves"

i know it has been said constantly on here for years,but in my opinion in this instance we are correctly waiting patiently for our moment, i have no doubt we will see positive results in the not too distant future,

Maybe they will watch things implode over the next few weeks then call a vote of no confidence.

My guess is the initial plan was to call a vote of no confidence after the EGM but it became apparent we were getting nowhere near the 50% backing needed.

I would hope we've contacted UEFA, at the very least for advice on the Leverkusen game. After all, our domestic season has ended without any effort to see it through. This impacts Europe.

Ultimately I'm not sure what we can do without the backing of a significant number of clubs. It astounds me, though, that others consider Doncaster worth his 400k salary.

This, much like other legal battles will be a drawn out affair.

IMO we need to wait to see what happens with reconstruction, but I doubt we are twiddling our thumbs, we have taken legal counsel at each point so far and would assume we are doing so now and we will hear more when there's something to report.

We need to know what's happening with UEFA, this season's Europa cup and what will happen when the new season kicks off.

The SPFL executive are a shambles just now. We can watch from a distance for the moment. They look on the verge of hari kiri anyway.

I still think we’re not done with this quite yet.
Once reconstruction talks fail yet again and once preseason is safely up and running then we shall follow up on this matter and hear more about in the next couple of months.

The narrative seems to be changing from "Rangers need to take this all the way, take it to Court if need be" to "Rangers should just sit back and do nothing, let the rest fight it out amongst themselves"

I don't know anything about legalities and stuff but I'd imagine making a case against the scum is going to take some time.

We also need to have some backing from the rest of Scottish Football. Surprisingly it seems Aberdeen are with us on the need for major change and a few others.

We can't fight this alone - we need the backing of others.

I’m finding it difficult to see where our legal position is.
They have gone with the book, held talks and had votes.
The members have decided the route we are on, all above board.
the spfl executive hold the winning hand.

To me the final move was the vote to agree that the league could not be finished.

I don't care what anyone says, that being unanimous weakens any position. The argument is now, well strictly speaking things weren't done exactly right, but it was unprecedented times, we had to act fast and everyone now agrees it wasn't going to be finished on the park anyway.

What exactly do you propose, outwith another one hundred statements?

If our ultimate aim was to get an independent enquiry without legal action then we should have done feck all because a blind man could see that was never going to happen.
And then if, after the inevitable happened, we output a statement intimating that we are taking it further but don't, I'm afraid we would look like a complete laughing stock.
I really hope we have more plans on this situation or we are as well packing it in.

I think the board have shown once again they are all bluster and no substance when it comes to taking on the SPFL.

Looks like we will just have to sit in the corner and take whatever they throw at us.

It doesn't matter what the complaint is we have next time, it will get laughed out of the room and then ignored from all and sundry.

If our ultimate aim was to get an independent enquiry without legal action then we should have done feck all because a blind man could see that was never going to happen.
And then if, after the inevitable happened, we output a statement intimating that we are taking it further but don't, I'm afraid we would look like a complete laughing stock.
I really hope we have more plans on this situation or we are as well packing it in.
Totally agree with you mate.

We tried, it failed...
We will just be highly vocal now when we are asked to vote or adopt something that doesn't feel right. Eventually those outside will start to realise what's going on.
Like this sham to say reconstruction is needed for the good of the game. It's bullshit and many clubs will see right through it.

The problem with legal action is it will be costly and go on for years getting pushed from court to court.

Just look at the Coventry City Ricoh Arena court battle which has been on going for over 5 years.

We need more clubs to join the fight.

Without the backing of our fellow clubs we are not going to get anywhere.

My guess is that with yet another clusterf*ck about to be dumped on us we may well see a Vote of No Confidence proposed once its apparent that the SPFL Executive have, yet again, made a pig's ear of things.

For all the talk on here about 'cast-iron' legal cases etc it should be noted that neither ourselves, Hearts nor Thistle have actually pursued that route. If your going to make a legal challenge I'd suggest you want odds of 60/40 in your favour as a minimum, ideally 75/25. Our own Advocate used the term 'reasonably good' to describe our prospects. I'd interpret that as no better than 50/50.

Who’s narrative?

FF’s ? SMSM? Twitter?

the club have only said the Status Quo can’t go on. Once they are ready the Board will make their next move. That’s the patience and trust we need.

I've said this a few times. I believe the board must have something of substance to have gone this far out on a limb. It would be folly to have started this process with nothing.
If they have done it with nothing to prove then the board and our club with have suffered irreparable damage

Who’s narrative?

FF’s ? SMSM? Twitter?

the club have only said the Status Quo can’t go on. Once they are ready the Board will make their next move. That’s the patience and trust we need.

Here, the way people have been talking about the situation has been gradually changing in my view.

If you disagree that's no problem, it's just my opinion.

Appears to be a lot of surrender monkeys out today on FF.
Our board has stated that the status quo cannot continue. I trust them to do what they can to ensure it won't. If I were in their shoes, I'd wait until the current shambles plays out, and then gauge who is on board for taking the SPFL to court. Hopefully that will be us, Hearts, Aberdeen, Partick and a few others. If it's only us, so be it.
At that point, to avoid a costly court case that will expose the cabal, I'd expect a resignation or two, but Rangers should only settle for the removal of Doncaster, Shifty + McCluskey and a total restructuring of the game. That's how I'd see it playing out. The battle is only starting.

With the EPL supposedly resuming on the 17th June the peado harbouring club like no other are going to look even more pathetic than they usually do when we see Liverpool winning the league properly and with full sporting integrity. Only in a 2 Bob backwater like Scotland could the SPFL shenanigans be allowed to stand, could you imagine Man UTD/City, Arsenal or Chelsea standing by if Liverpool and the EPL wanted to end the season with a quarter of the games left to play. Septics lack of class is astonishing, popcorn teeth was wanting the league called on the first day of lockdown ffs.

I sincerely hope the club are still working on this behind the scenes. The legal route seems like the only option once Budges desperate attempt to cling on to SPL falls on its arse I fully expect the club to back up its words and not let the status quo continue and the people up to their necks in it held accountable.

I suspect the club are awaiting to see what happens with the reconstruction move. If this fails I expect Hearts to go to court. Then I expect us to pile in with another separate court action. Ideally Partick and Stranraer would both do separate actions but I can't see them doing it.

The spfl have sold themselves down a river who is going to invest with that mob in charge?

I think were waiting on the status quo ending sometime in the near future, if we are I think were in for a long wait

I'm sure we're waiting to see how the vote goes, noises coming from lower league clubs make this likely to be a no. Would hope we will move after that.

Back