The sound of silence

Here, the way people have been talking about the situation has been gradually changing in my view.

If you disagree that's no problem, it's just my opinion.
No offence meant Greebo, I feel too many get uptight listening to misinformation that changes the mood as you say.
We’ve declared war and it’ll be long and dirty but at least we’re finally fighting

We have no need to wade at this point we just bide our time, and it is coming soon.
rbnojG6.gif

No offence meant Greebo, I feel too many get uptight listening to misinformation that changes the mood as you say.
We’ve declared war and it’ll be long and dirty but at least we’re finally fighting

Please don't get me wrong, I believe this should be taken all the way and that the Doncaster etc should be held to account for what they have done. There just seems to be a subtle shift in the way people are speaking about it.

That might be temporary and if things start happening people might get their enthusiasm back again. It's just very easy for thing to happen slowly and for people to barely notice them. Then it all just becomes "yesterday's news".

I have no idea what the board are doing. Unfortunately, it looks like the same could be said if the board. Based on the last 4 years, I’d be amazed if they suddenly showed some backbone and fought back.

Prob need league reconstruction settled one way or the other to see what Hearts do next as they have the strongest case for court I would imagine. Hopefully we are letting this pass before we go after them so it doesnt get lost in the noise of everything else.
I've seen it mentioned in a few threads that Hearts have a stronger legal case than us but I don't understand it.

The points difference was less for Hearts to stay up than for us to win the league but surely that wouldn't come into a court case when these alternative outcomes were still mathematically possible.

The other difference between Hearts and Rangers position is that Hearts have had money taken away from them due to relegation, whereas Rangers have lost out on the chance of winning additional money. However it could be argued that both clubs have been financially disadvantaged through the SPFL decisions.

Not sure why either of the two differences above are relevant as to why Hearts have a stronger legal case than us.

If the club let this go and think that the fans will accept the decision then there is going to be one helluva backlash and would be a dangerous decision.

We saw the mass hysteria reaction from all and sundry from the corrupt council after we questioned the integrity of those running our game. The club sat back and watched them throw each other under the bus and a massive can of worms had been opened.

I would like to think that the men in charge these days have taken as much of this crap as we have and will play a patient but thorough game to oust the cancer which rots Scottish football.

Choose our battles wisely and chip away over time but hurt them badly at every opportunity.

The way I see it the only way we will get anywhere is through UEFA (who basically don’t give a shit) or the ECAS, which is our best shot.

The Scottish courts aren’t going to hand down a ruling that enforces ‘null and void’. The best we can hope to achieve there is them declaring the original vote illegal, which would mean a re-vote. Doncaster would find a way to separate relegation from champions if that came to pass and as we’ve seen twice, we have no support in Scotland so he’s likely to get his way.

I thought we might try for an injunction to stop the SPFL putting their plans into action, allowing us to go to the ECAS, but that never came to pass, and we seem to be leaving that up to Hearts. Maybe we will join forces with them as the QC said we had a better chance of getting Doncaster ousted legally if there was more than one team involved. However, it seems Hearts only give a shit about avoiding relegation.

I recognize it’s a long shot, but given we stand to gain so much if ‘null and void’ is declared, I don’t understand why we haven’t already approached the ECAS. I fear we are maybe more concerned with how we would look if we challenged Celtic being made champions. However, given there is at least £15,000,000 difference between CL & EL football we shouldn’t care what others think. That’s 2 quality players and could make a big difference who wins the title next season.

Saving Hearts financially compensates them...
So naturally, there must be a compensation due to us. Half their champions league pot will do I suppose. It's the same principle...right?

We made a load of noise to appease us

What do people actually think we can do now? Seriously?

We’ve exposed the SPFL for the shower of incompetent arse’s they are

Like it or lump it we cant change what has happened

Without the backing of our fellow clubs we are not going to get anywhere.

My guess is that with yet another clusterf*ck about to be dumped on us we may well see a Vote of No Confidence proposed once its apparent that the SPFL Executive have, yet again, made a pig's ear of things.

For all the talk on here about 'cast-iron' legal cases etc it should be noted that neither ourselves, Hearts nor Thistle have actually pursued that route. If your going to make a legal challenge I'd suggest you want odds of 60/40 in your favour as a minimum, ideally 75/25. Our own Advocate used the term 'reasonably good' to describe our prospects. I'd interpret that as no better than 50/50.
I think we have a better than 50/50 chance of getting the vote ruled illegal on the Dundee ballot alone. The question is though, what would it achieve. A re-vote is probably the best outcome we could hope for, and I can’t see us getting much joy there for the reasons I’ve already listed.

I would agree the odds of getting Doncaster out are most likely tighter, hence the hesitation. Given legal action isn’t cheap the club might well have weighed up the options and decided the potential outcome isn’t worth the risk. We might be waiting to join with Hearts, but they seem more concerned with relegation than removing Doncaster.

However, we should be going to the ECAS on the basis of sporting integrity. How can a season be declared with 1/4 of it left to go? That plus the fact our national association acted improperly, might just get a result. There are 15 million reasons why this route is worth a shot. If it fails, at least we tried. If money is a stumbling block, crowdfund it.

I think hearts will get league reconstruction and we will vote for it.
The scum and spfl board will know we are all bark and no bite.
The msm will constantly attack our players our management like they did to morelos last season.
We will be put into as negative a light as possible.

The bent Refs will carry on shafting us as normal with chopped off perfectly good goals denied stone wall penalties.
As many yellow and red cards as they can get away with so suspensions come into play.

We will be up against it next season this is WAR

Saving Hearts financially compensates them...
So naturally, there must be a compensation due to us. Half their champions league pot will do I suppose. It's the same principle...right?
I saw that suggestion made for another league. (France or Holland?) Basically, regardless of who ends up playing in it the profits from European participation was to be shared amongst teams still in with a chance of qualifying. Dunno if it was put into practice though.

I've seen it mentioned in a few threads that Hearts have a stronger legal case than us but I don't understand it.

The points difference was less for Hearts to stay up than for us to win the league but surely that wouldn't come into a court case when these alternative outcomes were still mathematically possible.

The other difference between Hearts and Rangers position is that Hearts have had money taken away from them due to relegation, whereas Rangers have lost out on the chance of winning additional money. However it could be argued that both clubs have been financially disadvantaged through the SPFL decisions.

Not sure why either of the two differences above are relevant as to why Hearts have a stronger legal case than us.

Hearts have a case that they could have survived in the SPFL if the games were played to a conclusion.

Their problem has been that Ann Budge had been played like a fiddle by the SPFL board and as much as the Ayr Chairman sounds like a bellend in his comments, he is half right in that the whole reconstruction charade might not have been in place if Hearts weren't bottom of the SPFL. It was there as long as the corrupt resolution was voted though first so Budge obviously saw it as a safety net.

Us on the other hand, have put evidence before the rest of Scottish Football that there were underhand tactics going on as the SPFL wanted clubs to vote a particular way and even Stevie Wonder could have seen it. The other clubs said "meh just geez the money". Scot Gardiner had the balls the call things out the day after the corrupt vote and has been rounded on, particularly since our EGM resolution was defeated.

The elephant in the room is that all of this has been caused to hand the filth a league title with the SFA co-signing a letter to UEFA misleading them about the situation in Scottish Football. What questions have been asked about that? - NONE

Sometimes silence is the best answer. Do the talking on the pitch next season, properly. What's done is done. Time to roll the sleeves up, and do our talking on the pitch.

I think hearts will get league reconstruction and we will vote for it.
The scum and spfl board will know we are all bark and no bite.
The msm will constantly attack our players our management like they did to morelos last season.
We will be put into as negative a light as possible.

The bent Refs will carry on shafting us as normal with chopped off perfectly good goals denied stone wall penalties.
As many yellow and red cards as they can get away with so suspensions come into play.

We will be up against it next season this is WAR

neither the board nor the supporters have the appetite for war...FFS they sit back and keep their mouths well and truly shut and we cant even boycott games against our enemies

Sometimes silence is the best answer. Do the talking on the pitch next season, properly. What's done is done. Time to roll the sleeves up, and do our talking on the pitch.

you’ve got to be f.ucking kidding .

20 years of David Murray’s dignified silence has got us into this position where Celtic are handed a title without so much as a whimper from the press .

We are now on the sidelines.........I think we will stay there and build our strength and watch the rest struggle and turn on each other

If there's one thing our board has learnt from the Dealings with the fat parasite at SD its slowly slowly catch the monkey.
I believe we will strike when the times right and suits our agenda. We shouldn't be playing into their hands and play the part of big bad Rangers.

Totally agree, we will have a good squad and every incentive to be up for every minute of every game - they will likely lose some players due to the massive wage bill.

Keeping our powder so dry that at any moment soon it will once again turn into fairy-dust and blow away.

The spfl have sold themselves down a river who is going to invest with that mob in charge?

Paddy Fkn Power probably:mad:

What would you like us to do?

We went from making a lot of noise - or appearing to make a lot of noise - prior to the compilation of the dossier to now not appearing to make a sound. This is doing nothing to strip away the veneer of "nothing to see move on" that Peter and his Puppets want as they progress his agenda.

We are now on the sidelines.........I think we will stay there and build our strength and watch the rest struggle and turn on each other
The Clubs outside us and them, turning on each other, will change Zilch.....we've got a problem with the fat controller and a crooked spfl

you’ve got to be f.ucking kidding .

20 years of David Murray’s dignified silence has got us into this position where Celtic are handed a title without so much as a whimper from the press .
And it has now festered and gone so far that no one is going to listen I don't think, be it the press, governing bodies, nothing. Until we are back to number one again, back to our rightful top stop. Then, they will be forced to listen.

Back