The Spotify Camp Nou

Loyal72

Screenshot-20220128-135053.jpg

In another episode of "Wtf is happening at Barca these days?"

They've bust announced Spotify as their new shirt sponsor, and new stadium naming partner.

£75m a season for the shirt, undisclosed for the stadium naming rights.

Screenshot-20220128-135053.jpg

In another episode of "Wtf is happening at Barca these days?"

They've bust announced Spotify as their new shirt sponsor, and new stadium naming partner.

£75m a season for the shirt, undisclosed for the stadium naming rights.
How is a new sponsor paying a large sum of cash a wtf moment?

The wtf moment is Barca selling the naming rights to the Camp Nou after years and years of saying it would never happen.

Suppose being billions in debt changes your outlook though.

See tbh if they offered us even half of that they could call our stadium that and have their logo plastered all over our kits!

See tbh if they offered us even half of that they could call our stadium that and have their logo plastered all over our kits!
That’s a very kind offer but I’m guessing the appeal of branding a stadium in the Spanish league probably holds slightly more value than the spl where media coverage has the same reach and impact as a parish newsletter.

That’s a very kind offer but I’m guessing the appeal of branding a stadium in the Spanish league probably holds slightly more value than the spl where media coverage has the same reach and impact as a parish newsletter.
It's called the Daily Record in Scotland.

They need money, badly. Thing is, they're just going to sign a shit load of players. Spend a lot of money - end up not being able to register them, or they'll be shite for them, and end up letting them go for a fraction of the cost.

Think that super successful period that had has gone to their heads and they want to be more like PSG rather than what they used to be. They've still got a frightening amount of talent coming through but whether they'll be given the chance is another thing.

Mes que un club, eh?

And as for Spotify, that $75 mil could have been better spent putting it back into the music industry and distributing it amongst the artists they do such a shite job of compensating.

I don’t really care but Barca bored the tits off everyone about how they wouldn’t have sponsors as they are more than a club. UNICEF advert was a cynical ploy to get fans used to having a shirt sponsor

I’d have let them tattoo their logo on my arse if they were going to chuck 75M at Rangers.

Spotify are a phenomenal company. They have never made any profit and just keep finding investors. Their revenue is really high, and costs are higher.

Barcelona are their obvious partners in football.

Back