Great win tonight

Itten no real qualities are apparent
Wright total lack of composure
Lundstrum not trusted

We need at least two signings imo

I think we need to go with jack kamara arfield as the midfield

With aribo sakala or roofe kent as the front three until Alfie is back

Great win tonight
Aye, we need another quality midfielder and forward.
However, we are already have a biggish squad and game time an issue.
Not easy to resolve.

All I know is that Jack, Davis, Arfield, Kamara and Aribo when they are in our squad and on their game all give the Celtic fans in my work the fear.

If most of our experienced midfield are available for the next few games it could be a good turn of the month for us. We are due to dominate a few games in the middle of the park which usually leads to comfortable wins.

Bring them on.

Precisely the thread title thats needed.

Do you show up and play for Rangers with broad shoulders or are you a hanger on needing others to make it easy for you.

Not looking to name names but Gio needs to identify who can be trusted. The last manager already had it nailed.

Lundstrum not trusted

Great win tonight

No major improvements to the Midfield in the last couple of years.

Need to spend £££ on quality. Bosmans won’t always work.

For a squad player, we could do worse than Regan Charles Cook from Ross County. Strong and fast, right footed attacker. Scoring well this season and has a bit of composure

We don’t need a squad player. We have enough of them that simply don’t contribute. We need players that are going to go into the first team and improve it - take it up a notch.

We can’t keep on signing dross like Jones, King, Simpson, Bacuna, Itten, Stewart, Wright, Zungu. We are above that level now. Our squad players barely contribute, they are a number at best.

We don’t need a squad player. We have enough of them that simply don’t contribute. We need players that are going to go into the first team and improve it - take it up a notch.

We can’t keep on signing dross like Jones, King, Simpson, Bacuna, Itten, Stewart, Wright, Zungu. We are above that level now. Our squad players barely contribute, they are a number at best.
You always need squad players. The OP is of the opinion the current ones are not good enough. If that's the case we need to bring in better. Would Charles Cook be a better option than Scott Wright? There's every chance he would be

Lundstrum not trusted

Great win tonight
I would look to get Itten and Lundsram out of the door in this window if it was possible.
Itten to another SPFL team would be ideal and JL allowed to go back down south and off the wage bill.
I honestly would rather promote from within if we couldn't get other players in to replace them.
But I know some might think this risky.

You always need squad players. The OP is of the opinion the current ones are not good enough. If that's the case we need to bring in better. Would Charles Cook be a better option than Scott Wright? There's every chance he would be

You improve the first 11 by adding better quality. Certain players are replaced and become more of a squad player. That’s football, that’s how you improve. Arteta said similar the other day.

You don’t continue to fill your squad with the likes of a Simpson, Wright, Jones, Stewart or Barker because when it comes to turning to them, they are junk and do not contribute.

If signing a player this window pushes someone like Hagi out the team (when he returns next season) then so be it. Sentiment doesn’t win you trophies.

You’re familiar with the financial model we are constrained by?

If we qualify for the CL, particularly more regularly, then that becomes a tad easier than under the current scenario.

Spend some of the Patterson cash to ensure we qualify for the CL.

Would be criminal to lose the league this season imo.

Lundstram is a noose round our neck if he’s never going to play.

Must be on a big wage.

A wage that big you’d probably take a cut price fee just to move him on as he’s not in the managers plans

Precisely the thread title thats needed.

Do you show up and play for Rangers with broad shoulders or are you a hanger on needing others to make it easy for you.

Not looking to name names but Gio needs to identify who can be trusted. The last manager already had it nailed.
Who else could he have played tonight

Maybe he was simply pointing out to the board just how critical the next 4 days are m

Time to shit and get Off the potty

Spend some of the Patterson cash to ensure we qualify for the CL.

Would be criminal to lose the league this season imo.
On your second point that’s 100%, but then as I’ve never been done saying to people - we chucked away our potential 10iar season having massively outspent Timothy. That was actually not even their best team that year of the teams they had during our 9IAR. Anyways, I digress.

The main response to point one is: unless we spend the bulk of the Patterson money on one player, you’re not likely to get a sure fire improvement on the first 11. And even then, very very few transfers are ever stick on guaranteed success stories - it takes silly money to start lowering the odds of a total flunk massively.

The last 2 transfer windows have been the problem. Sakala is the only one who has a future with us.

You improve the first 11 by adding better quality. Certain players are replaced and become more of a squad player. That’s football, that’s how you improve. Arteta said similar the other day.

You don’t continue to fill your squad with the likes of a Simpson, Wright, Jones, Stewart or Barker because when it comes to turning to them, they are junk and do not contribute.

If signing a player this window pushes someone like Hagi out the team (when he returns next season) then so be it. Sentiment doesn’t win you trophies.
I understand that but we are not in a financial position to continually bring in quality players on a consistent basis

Not the champions league
Hes not starting there. He started at Gillingham then Charlton before Ross County. He's only 24.

Scott Arfield was at Falkirk, Roofe at Oxford, Goldson at Shrewsbury. They went on to play for Rangers and could probably play in the Champions League with us. We are in no position for footballing snobbery.

Not going to be popular on here but its actually arguable who has the better squad between us and the other team from glasgow.

We both have similar amount of players out currently and in a nutshell their backups are better than ours.

Still feel we have the stronger first 11 but the gap is 100% closing and they now have a squad capable of challenging over the course.

We need an injection of quality in the attacking positions.

Obviously a right winger/sided attacker as it is clear that wright is not that guy.

Also feel we need something else in midfield, a box to box midfielder possibly, someone with energy and can play a pass possibly - not even sure myself exactly what we need, mibby a fit ryan jack can fill that role.

Yahoos appear to have found players with energy and movement, we seem to have become ponderous, slow and lethargic.

Again pretty clear that we need to move itten on in the summer and sign another striker, even if roofe and morelos stay.

Squad fillers are fine if one or 2 play, not when you have the amount of players out we had tonight though, there's obviously going to be issues, context.

Not going to be popular on here but its actually arguable who has the better squad between us and the other team from glasgow.

We both have similar amount of players out currently and in a nutshell their backups are better than ours.

Still feel we have the stronger first 11 but the gap is 100% closing and they now have a squad capable of challenging over the course.

Obviously a right winger/sided attacker as it is clear that wright is not that guy.

Also feel we need something else in midfield, a box to box midfielder possibly, someone with energy and can play a pass possibly - not even sure myself exactly what we need, mibby a fit ryan jack can fill that role.

Yahoos appear to have found players with energy and movement, we seem to have become ponderous, slow and lethargic.

Again pretty clear that we need to move itten on in the summer and sign another striker, even if roofe and morelos stay.

Let's wait and see what happens when we play them before declaring them magnificent eh?

They drew with Livingston at home just a few games ago.

Let's wait and see what happens when we play them before declaring them magnificent eh?

They drew with Livingston at home just a few games ago.
Aye because thats exactly what i said.

Did you even read the post.

They are ascending from a much worse place & we are descending from beyond them.

The reason is transfer spend. Its not that they're favourites or we've become poor overnight....if one of us invests & the other doesn't then that will have an effect.

We did the same thing, we've also transitioned from a manager change before Xmas.

If we do not bring a single player in, we are playing with fire....we are good enough to win the league but it's a huge gamble

I would look to get Itten and Lundsram out of the door in this window if it was possible.
Itten to another SPFL team would be ideal and JL allowed to go back down south and off the wage bill.
I honestly would rather promote from within if we couldn't get other players in to replace them.
But I know some might think this risky.

We can't move Itten anywhere, he has already played for 2 teams this season.

We needed one with hagi out, now with bacuna leaving i think we need two. I expect rangers to bring in one RW and souttar an pass it off as a good window. Which is hasn't been.

Have a look at their back up players last night and tell me where they are stronger, they scraped a win due to Hearts missing a penalty, and once again their players with “energy and movement” were on their knees after 60 minutes, with a full squad available players like Davis, Jack, Balogun, Bassey, Roofe will be our back up players.

For a squad player, we could do worse than Regan Charles Cook from Ross County. Strong and fast, right footed attacker. Scoring well this season and has a bit of composure
Don't know anything about him mate but you'll get pelters on here for recommending a player from a wee Scottish club.

Massive clear out at the end of the season. But Itten and Wright are Hibs or sheep players. Honking. We have 5/6 who need moved on and our squad needs some proper balance with 3/4 real quality players coming in and 1/2 kids promoted on top of Lowry and King.

I understand that but we are not in a financial position to continually bring in quality players on a consistent basis

So we just continually add numbers. You think the likes of Barker, Simpson, Lundstram, Jones, Stewart, Wright, Bacuna et al are cheap - they all add up. The likes of Lundstram come with a hefty signing on fee and wage. Bacuna too.

We’d be better not making a signing than bringing someone in to need the squad.

Lundstrum not trusted

Great win tonight

I don't think we need Jack and Kamara. I think Kamara alone is ok and we can go with Arfield as the 8 and Aribo as the 10.

A front three of Kent, Roofe and Sakala until Alfredo is back with him replacing Roofe.

We badly need a first choice for the RW/Right forward role. If we got that, with everyone fit, a seven man bench of McLaughlin, Bassey, Balogun, Jack, Davis, Roofe and Sakala would be the sign of a strong first team squad (not even including Hagi.) The problem is that many of them have fitness issues, and the next players down like Itten, Wright, Lundstrsm, Sands are either not good enough or the jury is out.

So we just continually add numbers. You think the likes of Barker, Simpson, Lundstram, Jones, Stewart, Wright, Bacuna et al are cheap - they all add up. The likes of Lundstram come with a hefty signing on fee and wage. Bacuna too.

We’d be better not making a signing than bringing someone in to need the squad.
No, we don't continually add numbers. We move players on that are not good enough

Back