The Squad

AyrshireBear79

Watching the game last night, Aberdeen before, and admittedly only parts of the friendlies, was left wondering what general opinion was on the squad..

A lot of the same debates by the look of it, half empty look at things…

For me…

(The endless debate first) Tavernier – Doesn’t matter if you rate/hate/love/fancy/have on your hit list/undecided/in therapy on him. Or even if your somewhere in the middle of that. Did also see someone write that we have got ourselves into the weird situation where our Captain is the one position that has not been significantly upgraded… which is of course true. But he’s the gaffer’s choice, and that’s that, until or unless he decides to let him go. Which makes him Captain until/unless then. Which means he’s our RB until/unless then.

He’s a good enough RB for me.

Gives a brilliant opportunity to Patterson as well who definitely has the potential, and would love him to make that back-up position 100% his.

So the defence (obv including all others on the books).. Surely good enough.

Skipping to the front 3, it looks good for me as is. Suppose the concerns would be how the new guys hit the ground, but do both look, from what I’ve seen, good fits.

Have loved having El Buffalo, it’s time for him to leave though, with my thanks for his service. And yeah that’s despite the games he never finished. And how important some of them were.

So you would then possibly look for another… But for me even with the departure I would probably hang fire... Debatable I suppose. But we have options up there. They should welcome the opportunity.

So it’s the middle 3 that gets the focus for me… Seen some mental comments about this area being flung around… But seriously, Aribo, Jack (yes Jack), & I would put Hagi in there, would be a 3 that could do it for us in the SPL.

If you look at Arfield, Davis & Kamara being a bit of back-up, then, surely.. Get as much as we can for El Buffalo.. Invest it in some sort of dynamic CM.

In my ideal world some sort of re-incarnation of Barry Ferguson (the footballer – let’s not debate the person), but just showing my age I suppose, 9IAR I remember but never appreciated the way I should have, but you get the jist.. The one that picks the ball up and looks forward, or takes the ball deeper & looks forward, gets forward and shoots.. or just generally looks fringing forward.

You know.. picks the ball up in midfield with someone on his back, but realises there is some space, turns, and plays the ball forward..

Passing forward being the main theme there.

The other being for the love of god if there is an opportunity to take a friggin shot, take the friggin shot.

As a player I was never that good, won a medal once... for turning up, (now framed) but seriously the amount of times I’m literally shouting ****’n shoot! Possibly THE most thing I get frustrated with at times…

Anyway that for me would be 55 firmly in stock, and available for collection. So bears…

WATP.

Let’s go.

Back