The stadium singing Robby McCrorie’s name

Fantastic performance today. He was calm and composed. Was clear the players trusted him with back passes too, especially 1 in the 2nd half where our box was packed.

Only thing that needs to be worked on is when he threw the ball out. He never needed to do that and I can guarantee McGregor and McLaughlin will both have been on the phone coaching him what to do next time. Will only come with experience.

A 9/10 rating for me and no matter what else he does in his career he has this to look back on today. I hope he can be our keeper for the next 10 years

Nothing to do for 75 minutes then pulls out a top drawer save.

Remind you of anyone?
I know what you mean mate, but don't forget he also rushed right out of his penalty box early on in the first half to smash the ball right up the park when one of their gimps looked like getting there first for a one on one with him.

He was truly the difference between winning or not and his performance today will boost his self esteem tenfold.

The future looks like it's in safe hands.

The defiance for him started the minute he walked on the park, about an hour before kick off. He was applauded on with a warming defiance for warm up drills, pleasing

Firth is a hell of a cheerleader - fucking rattled the badge to the Copland before he went back to dressing room, he’s some fluffer
Fucking love Firth, he was cheerleading at the 1-2 game when Katic scored. Hes got the best job in the world

I really hope he makes it here. I love seeing a boyhood fan of the club getting his big moment.

As we go on, I would like a core of good and talented Rangers fans who love the club and would run through a brick wall for Rangers. As a supporter there is nothing better than seeing a player who is an actual boyhood fan of the club pulling on the jersey. I'm not saying we need a full team of them but I think in the long term you want a core group of players who will be long term members of the team and can show want it means to play for the club and the fans. While not a boyhood fan, I think Tav is hooked for life and will be a diehard.

Anyway on McCrorie, what next for him? With McGregor and McLaughlin here (injuries or covid aside) I don't see him being getting much, if any game time this season. The cup games would probably be going to McLaughlin when fit.

Should we be trying our best to get him out on loan for the season? It would be quite a waste for him to sit in the stands 90% of the time. It could massively stunt his development being a number 3 for the season.

McRorie had a great game today. Im sure he must have felt under a bit of pressure being at a full Ibrox, especially since the last time he played the filth he let in 6 goals. But you can tell he has been working with Shagger. There is a lot of the same mannerisms to his play.

I'm not just saying this as a Rangers fan but I take our "third choice" keeper over their first choice any day of the week.

Stood up when he had to, also like how he’s sharp off his line and won’t play a stupid pass to our defence to put in unnecessary pressure and get the ball up the park and if Morelos had more support up front maybe could’ve got more chances.
If anyone was in doubt why mcgregor highly rates the boy thats why.

same with when the ball was at his feet and waiting til the last moment to pick it up, can see what he’s picked up from Greegsy and it’s class.

Genuinely think he can be our long term number 1 now but don’t want to get too carried away
Just so long as we remember that when he makes a critical error that McGregor, and Goram before that, did likewise.

Said to my lad was confident in what he could do - did you see the Sky bloopers reel before kick off, little to much hope with some. For me he stays between the sticks till he lets one in

Fantastic performance today. He was calm and composed. Was clear the players trusted him with back passes too, especially 1 in the 2nd half where our box was packed.

Only thing that needs to be worked on is when he threw the ball out. He never needed to do that and I can guarantee McGregor and McLaughlin will both have been on the phone coaching him what to do next time. Will only come with experience.

A 9/10 rating for me and no matter what else he does in his career he has this to look back on today. I hope he can be our keeper for the next 10 years
What does Robby need to do to earn a 10?

I actually thought there were times he was really quick off his line that Mcgregor would never have done. Really liked the look of him today. Rangers goalies arent making loads of saves in matches, so concentration is key and when called upon late on he was immense. A brilliant old firm debut and the crowd chanting his name gave me goosebumps, the boy must have loved it.

What does Robby need to do to earn a 10?

Not nearly throw the game away by giving them cheap possession like I said. The only tiny bit of inexperience that came through

He was great. I think he looks a really composed keeper and did well when called on as well.

His distribution is superb as was his decision making as well. When he came flying out to clear the ball was a good move and denied a good goal scoring opportunity - no messing, just dealt with it.

We have 3 excellent keepers on our books. However, Robby is one we can have between the sticks for a long time.

Cant imagine how it must have felt hearing your name sang by the Ibrox crowd after his save,it really is stuff of your dreams

A boy became a man yesterday

Well Done Robby

The save with his leg was very McGregor like. Ironically it's also the kind of save that McGregor failed to make against Malmo.

Great decision to keep him and now he needs minutes with a view to becoming Number one next season. He is great with the ball at his feet. Great positions and looks assured.

Do you know what's great??

Having 3 keepers that are miles better than their number one B-)

Outstanding from the young man. Our keeper for the next decade (once Greegs retires).

Said to my lad was confident in what he could do - did you see the Sky bloopers reel before kick off, little to much hope with some. For me he stays between the sticks till he lets one in
No argument if we keep him in but we shouldn't be papping a keeper out as soon as they concede a goal. If and when he gets the No1 jersey then we need to give him a run and support him.

He's got a career ahead of him.

He's gained confidence.

Would like to see more of him.

It was like Roy of the rovers stuff.

Not nearly throw the game away by giving them cheap possession like I said. The only tiny bit of inexperience that came through
I had smiley faces after my comment. They disappeared when I posted my reply.
I concur fully with your post and agree that the coaching staff should discuss his throwing the ball out of play, too quickly.
He did have a great performance and deserves all the plaudits.

Reactions: GF1
An interesting dilemma with him. Clearly he has the ability to step up. But he’s third choice so probably won’t get much time, if any. Do we keep him incase this nonsense rears it’s head again or does he go back out on loan?

The boy was outstanding and I am absolutely delighted for him yesterday. Did everything asked of him, and possibly a little more with his distribution and coming out of his box with his reading of situations.

However, I am not going to go overboard. As referred to above, the Sky bloopers reel (which I thought was a fucking disgrace) highlighted a few errors from him. I also remember a few others where I thought he hadn't covered himself in glory. For some reason one where he showed kinda weak hands against Hibs comes to mind?

Anyway, I don't want to be bringing the negativity, and I'm as desperate for this boy to make it at Ibrox as I was for his brother. I still remember Gerrard's comments on Ross after his MOTM v Celtic, and I truly thought he would have been collossal for us. Sadly it wasn't to be. I hope Robby has more luck and opportunity.

2 seperate comments in the sky coverage mentioned they'd be looking to target and test our keeper and target our right back .
:))went well for them then.
2 motm performances .
well done to both .

Quick off his line, had one big save to make and he made it - have some mutual friends with Ross/Robby so doubly delighted for him.

I know what you mean mate, but don't forget he also rushed right out of his penalty box early on in the first half to smash the ball right up the park when one of their gimps looked like getting there first for a one on one with him.

He was truly the difference between winning or not and his performance today will boost his self esteem tenfold.

The future looks like it's in safe hands.
I fucking shit myself when that happened and couldn't help but think "FFS he's fucked it"

But if anyone asks that was all tactical and calculated. :shh:

Liked Gary Macs interview on Clyde after the game. Said that he’d come back from his loan spell a much more confident person. Sounds as though he was a quiet lad, but Gary Mac said he now takes part in the training banter and that he now feels he belongs here. ( in the first team squad).Great to see young supporters live the dream.

Back