The stadium

How on earth can a stadium be open and not even have kiosks open?

That is absolutely pathetic and UEFA, the stadium and everyone involved with putting the game on should be taken to task

Hard to believe that can happen at a European final in 2022.

UEFA should be apologising to everyone in that stadium last night.

I might be wrong, but I don't think stadiums in the UK would be allowed to open without drinks being available?

Which is why they were giving out free water at Ibrox when the kiosks were shut at the beginning of the season.
Think they have to provide free tap water as part of their licensing

Completely the wrong choice of venue. Too small, dilapidated, access arrangements abysmal and frankly the Spanish police don't know how to manage a football crowd. You can't be a host city with a unaccomdating police force.

I was staying on the coast with Spanish friends and they all told me on Tuesday the temp would be over 100% so no excuses re lack of water. How the hell is that place a 5 ☆ stadium I will never know.

That's before we start about the shambles of accessing the ground.
I've actually came round to idea of a super league and challenge the UEFA cartel
Getting into the ground was total chaos, the way the police where using horses and going through fans was unreal!

And the whole place was a total shithole.

What an absolute disgrace of a way to treat people. Scorching hot and couldn't even get a drink. Went town about 20 minutes and a woman was handing out cups telling you to go to the toilet and fill with water. By halt time there were none left and with only one stall open wit stupid queues folk were having to pass about used plastic cups to go to a toilet to fill up. Utter disgrace of a way to treat people. They do not give one shit though clearly.
Have any media picked up on this story yet? I think they should be fined

Shocking that people are treated that way in a first world country, let alone a major sporting event.

You wouldn't see that shit at the Masters, Wimbledon, Super Bowl etc.

Why would the 2nd biggest club competition in world football be any different?
Spain’s just a shithole in general. I remember my wife getting food poisoning over there and realising how lucky we are to have the NHS.

Why is tap water so bad abroad. Can they not filter it the way we do in the uk
It's a bit of a myth now - It all goes back to the 60 when the first tourists went over and things were very different. Spain's actually got a really good water filtration system now and its perfectly safe to drink, even if it does taste like shite.

None of that excuses the issues at the stadium obviously, but at least travelling bears shouldn't be getting a dose of the shits to add to the grim experience.

Stadium was a disgrace. The planning for getting sufficient amounts of water/soft drinks as well as the staff to distribute it was awful. The heavy handed searches and inconsistent decisions to throw away folks belongings was another shocker. Plenty of folk struggling to navigate the upper tier who were able bodied never mind having any mobility issues.

Power bank taken off me going in,despite the fact that we were told they would be allowed.
Sunscreen taken off people despite the fact that there was no cover in the stadium and it was 92 degrees.
One drinks stall open for the entire section,with one guy working himself taking cash only.
I helped an old lady (in her 70’s) she was really upset as she desperately needed water at halftime.The police just prodded her with a baton and told he she had to move away rather than help her.I found a second hand plastic cup and went and got her tap water to drink.
Shambles.
Yet the EF fans managed to get in with dozens of flares.
Total shithole of a stadium,really unsafe.
The €100 seats were in the death trap section.
Whoever decides the category pricing at UEFA should be replaced immediately by Stevie Wonder.

Last edited:
Stadium was a disgrace. The planning for getting sufficient amounts of water/soft drinks as well as the staff to distribute it was awful. The heavy handed searches and inconsistent decisions to throw away folks belongings was another shocker. Plenty of folk struggling to navigate the upper tier who were able bodied never mind having any mobility issues.

No markings or signposts for toilets either

I didn’t see one steward in my area, just about 10 police who couldn’t have cared less about you.
There were quite a few stewards just standing around doing nothing.
I asked one when the other tea bars were getting opened and he said maybe in an hour.
The police made no attempt to engage with anyone in English,just barking orders in Spanish,a shambles all round.

My son got suntan cream taking off him at other stadium screening the game
Trying to get in was hard with ur code on Ur phone better with printed tickets like Glasgow in Seville auditorium which was good
Wish we had stayed there
Feel sorry for our fans struggling for water or drinks at Seville FC stadium and way they got treated

My ticket was €150 face value, category one apparently and the area was dangerous

Rangers need to come out today and call uefa out on this on behalf of both clubs fans. Last night was an absolute disgrace. I also want to know what rangers believed would be available when they went for their jolly last week. Fan safety should always be number one but it was completely disregarded last night. I’m staggered and thankful that nobody died last night

The more of these stories come out, the more I completely understand and forgive the lack of atmosphere.

What an utter shambles it sounds like.

Tbh this, 40 mins before kick off we were all struggling with thirst see an hour and a half later? Folks were genuinely struggling, it was an utter disgrace. Wonderful city but dreadful outdated unprepared venue and UEFA are a joke.

It's a bit of a myth now - It all goes back to the 60 when the first tourists went over and things were very different. Spain's actually got a really good water filtration system now and its perfectly safe to drink, even if it does taste like shite.
Just about to post this. I have been visiting Spanish friends who live in Huelva for years and the tap water is fine.

Rangers need to come out today and call uefa out on this on behalf of both clubs fans. Last night was an absolute disgrace. I also want to know what rangers believed would be available when they went for their jolly last week. Fan safety should always be number one but it was completely disregarded last night. I’m staggered and thankful that nobody died last night
It is exactly the same on every trip.
Rangers do the recce then the locals change everything that is promised.
Last night was a bigger shambles than normal,one tea bar with one guy working for thousands of fans in 90 degree heat.People reusing plastic cups to drink water from the toilets.
No one cares,nothing is ever done,we don’t get listen to.

Just about to post this. I have been visiting Spanish friends who live in Huelva for years and the tap water is fine.

Spanish tap water is absolutely drinkable. Does it taste as good as ours? Nope but it won't make you sick by any means.

Sounds absolutely fucking horrific.

What utter clown at Uefa goes there and says aye that’ll do and by the way just sort yourselves out for catering, I’m sure it’ll be fine.
Is was as poor a venue as I have ever had the misfortune to visit. The lack of staff and more importantly stock at the kiosks was nothing short of utterly shambolic and dangerous. The kiosks were literally empty 1.5 hrs before kick off

Uefa are quick to pass out fines will they punish themselves as it is they who take over the stadium etc.

UEFA are essentially footballs mafia (FIFA are the same), they hold all the cards and frankly don't give a %^*&. They are accountable to noone and that is the problem! Last night was bar the occasion and being with my mates at a major European final an utter disgrace. If it wasn't for Rangers (and I hold them in no way responsible for anything that happened last night) I'd never be back!

I agree that this stadium is not fit for purpose

Last night no water in those conditions was downright a dangerous to public health

F41 concourse had people collapsed due to heat exhaustion and probably dehydration

Rangers security officials as well as Frankfurt should be lodging a formal complaint with UEFA re safety of our fans

It’s totally unacceptable

Also the neutral zones idea needs stopped as that has got disaster waiting to happen

Yes fans desperate for tickets will buy seats anywhere they can but UEFA openly mixing fans is stupid

I was at a la Liga game in Valencia, 2017 I think and there were pallets of bottled water inside the stadium. Free of charge to fans. Temperature was about 30 deg ( not the water!). It’s not that difficult to organise.

true
It might do if 4 or 5 of you are using the same cup that was picked off the floor though

I mean aye just because Spanish tap water is acceptable to drink now it does not excuse the situation UEFA and the Seville stadium put us fans in. In the world of Covid drinking from used cups off the ground is a very very bad look. They were woefully unprepared and deserve to be taken to task!

Have to say if things were going to kick off inside the stadium last night it would've been chaos. The segregation between our fans and the neutral section was literally stewards standing on the stairs.

I agree with Frankfurts banner last night. %^*& UEFA.

Power bank taken off me going in,despite the fact that we were told they would be allowed.
Sunscreen taken off people despite the fact that there was no cover in the stadium and it was 92 degrees.
One drinks stall open for the entire section,with one guy working himself taking cash only.
I helped an old lady (in her 70’s) she was really upset as she desperately needed water at halftime.The police just prodded her with a baton and told he she had to move away rather than help her.I found a second hand plastic cup and went and got her tap water to drink.
Shambles.
Yet the EF fans managed to get in with dozens of flares.
Total shithole of a stadium,really unsafe.
The €100 seats were in the death trap section.
Whoever decides the category pricing at UEFA should be replaced immediately by Stevie Wonder.
Do you really think a UEFA delegate would end up in those conditions?
Then why the flying F would they care?

The fans were sharing single cups or whatever we could get our hands on to get some water.

We were sharing between Frankfurt fans and they us whenever someone could get any. It was brutal.

Everything round the ground on exit was also closed. It was a 30 minute walk before I got anything.
I read on the German football website Kicker that fans were drinking from lawn sprinkler's on the way back to their hotels because nothing was open . They're calling for that stadium to be banned from the UEFA Finals list .

Agreed. Edging past folk hoping you don’t fall over.
End of the game I was worried, trying to get out and nearly lost my balance due to the pressure of people behind me.

One tumble and your looking at a major incident.

Shithole.

I read on the German football website Kicker that fans were drinking from lawn sprinkler's on the way back to their hotels because nothing was open . They're calling for that stadium to be banned from the UEFA Finals list .
That article claims Rangers have complained to UEFA. Hope that's true.

You may be right mate. Just shows what you'd never consider but do when desperate. Also seen some guys taking empty cupsout bins to go fill up, utter disgrace.
The drinking well I used in the toilet had a bloody handkerchief in the basin, I was that thirsty I didn't care at the time

Back