The standard of SPFL football this season

Our European form aside, which has stood out as a diamond amongst mud, the football this season in our top flight has been brutal, even worse than usual, if that's possible.
Just shows how mediocre we have been, at best, this season.
This league should nearly, if not be done, and in the bag by now.
Disgraceful defending and not taking our chances has been the norm this season.

The standard in the whole league is rank rotten. After some of the good football we played last year, this season has been hard to watch. If it wasn't for the love if Rangers, this league isn't worth spending so much time caring about

The standard in the whole league is rank rotten. After some of the good football we played last year, this season has been hard to watch. If it wasn't for the love if Rangers, this league isn't worth spending so much time caring about

We look a completely different side in Europe, but we struggle against the ever decreasing standard in the SPFL. I genuinely can't see anyone apart from us being able to compete regularly in Europe due to the accepted hammer-throwing which is seen as putting in " effort ". The top-flight SPFL is rapidly regressing.

Scottish Football is an absolute joke.

A game played on a ploughed field just about, being beamed live around the world. No wonder Sky are paying a pittance.

Gio has just said 3pts and home which is what you need at this stage in the season. Yet on here we've got half a dozen threads slagging the manager. Seems a lot of people have given up on the league so are queing up to be the first to say 'I told you so about Gio'.

Sky now trying to get Tav suspended as well.

The manager of St Johnstone thats scored 18 goals all season said it was impossible on that pitch tonight.

Open your eyes to watch you were watching and give them a break.

The manager of St Johnstone thats scored 18 goals all season said it was impossible on that pitch tonight.

Open your eyes to watch you were watching and give them a break.

I'm not talking about us specifically tonight, mate. More the generic SPFL hammer-throwing " product ", which is horrific and where skill and entertainment are a rarity.

Who ever wins the league this year will be the poorest team ever to win the league in modern times.

Our own standard of play in the SPFL this season has dropped significantly, and we're the Champions. I don't think that's a controversial statement. The rest have been worse.
it's shite every year. it isn't any more or less hammer thrower or long ball than normal. it's just shite and we should be smashing every single one of the jobbers.

There are 5 points between 4th-10th. Not because the teams down there are competitive, but because they are all taking turns at being absolutely shite.

Back