The stands in that Copenhagen stadium reminds me of Ibrox.

Walker54

I could be wrong but I'm sure I read or heard somewhere before that either we based stadium design on their stadium or vice versa, can anyone confirm this??
Regardless, hearing the noise in that stadium in Copenhagen which imo looks similar to Ibrox is only making me more desperate to get back!!

I could be wrong but I'm sure I read or heard somewhere before that either we based stadium design on their stadium or vice versa, can anyone confirm this??
Regardless, hearing the noise in that stadium in Copenhagen which imo looks similar to Ibrox is only making me more desperate to get back!!
Ibrox is loosely based on dortmunds stadium

yes

geography-travel-germany-north-rhine-westphalia-dortmund-building-GC89BK.jpg

Other than the boxiness, about the only similarity is the rake in the two large stands is very similar to the club deck - nerve-wrackingly steep.

It's got a great atmosphere though.

Went to the Parken in 1992 for the Lyngby game.Cracking stadium and the first one I had ever been in with the huge screens
I was there also with crawthorne bear and for the game against FC Copenhagen, nice stadium with an excellent view. Two very enjoyable trips Danes very welcoming. Excellent looking women and great beer what a combination.

One of the stands has totally changed, the one we were in in 2003 had a big drop at the front of it. Now it's all seats

One of the stands has totally changed, the one we were in in 2003 had a big drop at the front of it. Now it's all seats
I am sure they could move sections out?

Was there in 2001 for the friendly same area and went to the pitch level

I was there also with crawthorne bear and for the game against FC Copenhagen, nice stadium with an excellent view. Two very enjoyable trips Danes very welcoming. Excellent looking women and great beer what a combination.
The booze isn’t cheap. In fact when I found 6 cans of Carlsberg in a wee shop for 8euros I was buzzing.

Turned out they were cans of water :(

So did I, sadly I was on the wrong bus of the three the Nithsdale ran and only saw the last few minutes, I did get to see Durrants goal on the big screen as I got in :rolleyes::))
Should have went with Toryglen.We spent the night before in Amsterdam so spent every penny I had then suffered a hangover all the way from Holland to Denmark

Like a few have said, we cant wait to get back to Ibrox but it really wouldnt surprise me if wee nippy makes us play the first few months BCD.

Wee boot that she is

That stadium reminds me of Shota scoring that goal when the ball dropped over his shoulder to earn us CL qualification.
I had a solo trip to Copenhagen years ago and went to see Denmark vs Kazakhstan, just so I could see the stadium. That goal was all I could think of. Loved Shota.

I am sure they could move sections out?

Was there in 2001 for the friendly same area and went to the pitch level
I'm sure that is correct. The front section of seats at both goal ends could be wheeled out. The filled in corner sections look slightly different now to when we were there in 92. First year of the Champions League as well

I knew there was something different about it , even googled it to see if they’d done any big renovations since our game!

had a great few days in Copenhagen on that trip, the only downside , that little mermaid statue , they don’t tell you how little it is!

Back