The State of Ibrox Catering

Elior improve the product.
Elior sales and profits improve.
Rangers can then charge more for the catering contract.

I'd be interested to know which part makes no sense.

OK. Let's start with these three steps. For starters they do not follow from each other. You're assuming sales would increase enough to increase increase total profits despite a lower margin. That might not actually happen.

You have to ask yourself why no one at Elior has had this brainwave? Why would the club know (gained from reading followfollow) what Eliors profit maximising levels of quality and price are? I'd guess selling low quality food at high prices is them profit maximising given the relatively captive market and the fact people will generally buy any old shite at a football match.

In all seriousness, I think the catering could be upgraded, not as easy as everyone thinks. Pretty sure it is one of the things the Board will be looking at. To be fair to the present Board, they have been left with a previous incumbent contract.
Give them a bit of time, they are sorting everything else out.
It's probably coming up more often as the word seems to be that the contract ends after this season. There's no reason that Elior can't continue to provide the service but they seriously need to up their game.

Fans are understandably frustrated that they don't feel able to part with cash to help the club, perhaps on a smaller scale to the merchandise boycott.

You should read posts before replying. Where in my post does it suggest "plodding along" or that I'm happy with the current product? I'm saying the recurring cliche on here that "bringing it in house" is some kind of no-brainer solution to everything is daft. As to your point about seeking offers on the open market: 1) I can only go by what's been posted on here but I'd imagine it was 9 years ago when the current contract was signed 2) Maybe

This doesn't make any sense. We demand the current outfit produce better food, so sales go up and then we can demand more money off them when we renegotiate?

By what standard? I'd imagine they're maximising their profits as much as they can.

Sorry mate - I haven't got a clue what you're on about
I've read every post before posting - have you ?
If you don't like the term 'plodding along' - choose your own - I used it because your posts implied change wasn't necessary & myself (& many others on here) weren't on the right wavelength for suggesting change
If this isn't correct then your posts are mis-leading to say the least

Where in my posts does it suggest bringing it in-house ? I'll admit I'm advocating more improvement & that could presumably be achieved with more control - but needn't be by bringing it in-house

I asked you if you were aware of the last time the contract was put out for tender on the open market & your reply was 9 years - thanks
Doesn't that tell you our current deal is well out of date & ready for up-grade ?

How does ' putting it out for tender' fit in with your accusation that I'm suggesting we bring it in-house ?

If you really do want change - you seem to have a very blinkered view of how we get that change

OK. Let's start with these three steps. For starters they do not follow from each other. You're assuming sales would increase enough to increase increase total profits despite a lower margin. That might not actually happen.

You have to ask yourself why no one at Elior has had this brainwave? Why would the club know (gained from reading followfollow) what Eliors profit maximising levels of quality and price are? I'd guess selling low quality food at high prices is them profit maximising given the relatively captive market and the fact people will generally buy any old shite at a football match.
I'll use the pie as an example.
£3.10 at Ibrox.
£1.25 at Greggs.

That alone utterly destroys the idea that they can't sell a better pie at the price.

We draw bigger crowds than every other club in Scotland, yet are consistently at the bottom end of the food league table.
Surely the biggest crowd should be able to enjoy bridies similar to Dunfermline or the choice of pies at Dumbarton?
If they can do it for a couple of thousand at most, there's no excuse for ours being so bad.

They have better savouries, they cost less but we get 25 times the average gate that they do.
There really is no argument that they can't do better while maintaining the profits they make or even increasing them.

I'll use the pie as an example.
£3.10 at Ibrox.
£1.25 at Greggs.

That alone utterly destroys the idea that they can't sell a better pie at the price.

We draw bigger crowds than every other club in Scotland, yet are consistently at the bottom end of the food league table.
Surely the biggest crowd should be able to enjoy bridies similar to Dunfermline or the choice of pies at Dumbarton?
If they can do it for a couple of thousand at most, there's no excuse for ours being so bad.

They have better savouries, they cost less but we get 25 times the average gate that they do.
There really is no argument that they can't do better while maintaining the profits they make or even increasing them.
Good points and further evidence of how poorly we were managed under the SPIV regime.

Dumbarton and Kilmarnock? So you agree this is a nationwide problem them, what with 2 out of how many having ChefWahoo standard grub? I’ve eaten at kilmarnock and if that’s what you class as quality food and service then we’ll just halt this conversation here, because we have different ideas of quality catering... feck coming to yours for dinner.

A “wee industry secret” mr Ramsay, spurs, they have literal restaurants - not 10ft squared kiosks.

You asked where in Scotland serves BETTER food than Ibrox.
I gave you 3 examples, in spite of you saying none were better.

I have never said Kilmarnock sold 'quality food' so again I repeat thst you are simply a liar.
I have consistently said it is BETTER than Ibrox and cheaper. Massive difference there.
Only an absolute clown would even attempt to argue that Ibrox pies are comparable or better than Killies.

And the fact that you think White Hart Lane only has restaurants but no kiosks shows that you are every bit as stupid as I give you credit for.
Imagine actually believing that Spurs spent £700m on a new stadium but have no food kiosks?
Do you really think they don't have somewhere to buy a pie now?

You asked where in Scotland serves BETTER food than Ibrox.
I gave you 3 examples, in spite of you saying none were better.

I have never said Kilmarnock sold 'quality food' so again I repeat thst you are simply a liar.
I have consistently said it is BETTER than Ibrox and cheaper. Massive difference there.
Only an absolute clown would even attempt to argue that Ibrox pies are comparable or better than Killies.

And the fact that you think White Hart Lane only has restaurants but no kiosks shows that you are every bit as stupid as I give you credit for.
Imagine actually believing that Spurs spent £700m on a new stadium but have no food kiosks?
Do you really think they don't have somewhere to buy a pie now?
Did i say they have no kiosks?
“Only an idiot”would compre spurs catering in a 700million quid state of the art stadium to Ibrox grub. I never once said they had no kiosks, but they have full kitchens - Capable of putting our real quality food. I thought you would maybe make that connection Mr ChefWahoo.

of course it’s going to be better for %^*& sake.

and as said 2 that are better than Ibrox, which wouldn’t be hard... surely that furthers my point out of what,40 some? professional stadiums you can name 2 with better Food than Ibrox. The way you have been banging on i was expecting a shopping list.

so in summary the grub is shite all round scotland, exactly what i have been saying feom the start and exactly what has you calling me an idiot? We’ll leave it there then.

Get Gordon Ramsay to invent the bluenose pie just dye the outer pastry and fill with mince,onions,steak n gravy and make them square and tasty a f and boom we have a winner.
gordon-ramsay-meme-maker-lovely-20-chef-ramsay-memes-that-will-make-your-day-even-better-of-gordon-ramsay-meme-maker.jpg

I'm a healthy eater but when I go to a venue whether it be football or a gig I don't mind a cheat meal / snack if I'm hungry.

That being said I've had 2 cheeseburgers at Ibrox this season and they've been stone cold inside.

Junk food and you are lucky it doesn't make you ill with how poorly it is cooked and kept warm.

Can't wait for a catering revamp as the apetite for a pie and bovril is dying out.

Did i say they have no kiosks?
“Only an idiot”would compre spurs catering in a 700million quid state of the art stadium to Ibrox grub. I never once said they had no kiosks, but they have full kitchens - Capable of putting our real quality food. I thought you would maybe make that connection Mr ChefWahoo.

of course it’s going to be better for %^*& sake.

and as said 2 that are better than Ibrox, which wouldn’t be hard... surely that furthers my point out of what,40 some? professional stadiums you can name 2 with better Food than Ibrox. The way you have been banging on i was expecting a shopping list.

so in summary the grub is shite all round scotland, exactly what i have been saying feom the start and exactly what has you calling me an idiot? We’ll leave it there then.
It's hilarious that you continually point out me being a chef but act as if you know the industry better than me.
The size of kitchen doesn't matter.
The equipment doesn't matter.
The new stadium doesn't matter.

The catering is outsourced!
It gets delivered on game day, there aren't teams of chefs in the ground making the pies and burgers.
Rangers also put out real quality food, Argyle House is very highly rated but it has fùck all to do with a pie or hotdog.

You have continually stated that food is no better anywhere else in spite of me giving 3 (Dunfermline, Dumbarton and Kilmarnock) where it is. You , yourself have thrown in Forfar so thats 4.
I'm not able to vouch for every club as I haven't tried them all. I'd bet other Bears could provide more examples though.

Lets be honest, every excuse you've tried has been debunked by myself or others.

The food simply isn't good enough, Rangers fans rightly want it improved.
The stadium, kiosks or serving staff are irrelevant. The food is the problem.

If it can't be improved, or just shrugged off because 'it's what everyone does' ask yourself one question.
Why have Rangers in the last week, told the support it's an area they will be addressing?

It's hilarious that you continually point out me being a chef but act as if you know the industry better than me.
The size of kitchen doesn't matter.
The equipment doesn't matter.
The new stadium doesn't matter.

The catering is outsourced!
It gets delivered on game day, there aren't teams of chefs in the ground making the pies and burgers.
Rangers also put out real quality food, Argyle House is very highly rated but it has fùck all to do with a pie or hotdog.

You have continually stated that food is no better anywhere else in spite of me giving 3 (Dunfermline, Dumbarton and Kilmarnock) where it is. You , yourself have thrown in Forfar so thats 4.
I'm not able to vouch for every club as I haven't tried them all. I'd bet other Bears could provide more examples though.

Lets be honest, every excuse you've tried has been debunked by myself or others.

The food simply isn't good enough, Rangers fans rightly want it improved.
The stadium, kiosks or serving staff are irrelevant. The food is the problem.

If it can't be improved, or just shrugged off because 'it's what everyone does' ask yourself one question.
Why have Rangers in the last week, told the support it's an area they will be addressing?
Mate the whole basis of my argument is its shite everywhere, and it is. You have named a couple of clubs which you believe has better food.... after stating Ibrox is inedible... A couple. So it clearly is a nationwide issue

I have no idea why i’m arguing with you about the state of the food at scottish grounds. You’re a chef, you’ll know yourself you can’t get a good feed anywhere so I have no idea why you are having a pop at me for suggesting this isn’t just at Ibrox.

Either way i’m bored and we’re going in circles. Have what ever kind of day you’re going to have, mate.

Last edited:
Mate the whole basis of my argument is its shite everywhere, and it is. You have named a couple of clubs which you believe has better food.... after stating Ibrox is inedible... A couple. So it clearly is a nationwide issue

I have no idea why i’m arguing with you about the state of the food at scottish grounds. You’re a chef, you’ll know yourself you can’t get a good feed anywhere so I have no idea why you are having a pop at me for suggesting this isn’t just at Ibrox.

Either way i’m bored and we’re going in circles. Have what ever kind of day you’re going to have, mate.
And mine is that we shouldn't accept it.
Even if it is shite everywhere else, we shouldn't lower standards to what anyone else does.
It's encouraging that Rangers are taking this on board and listening to the fans, I'm sure we'll see an improvement going forward.

Enjoy your day.

Not bought anything from Ibrox for years due to it being over priced and shite. Would rather grab something from a van outside , at least I know it would be hot!

I don’t buy anything from Celtic Park so can’t comment on them but our food and drink options are below every other club in the league except Hamilton. Hearts probably being the best. St Mirren is decent also. Hampden is the best in the country as you would expect but I would expect us to be up there with them.

I'm just back from the NFL Game in London. The new spurs stadium was amazing and the food matched the expectations. Whilst we don't have the space to do what they can, with our new vendor next year - we should be able to at least offer the basics.

Plenty of bears would drop at least a tenner on decent food and drink at the game. It should be better and we can improve the income for Rangers if we get it right. If we could do it 30 years ago, we can do it now.
Same, was at the Raiders game last week - totally different world. Whilst it couldn't be replicated at Ibrox, going upwards a little on the quality will have a big impact on revenue.

I don’t buy anything from Celtic Park so can’t comment on them but our food and drink options are below every other club in the league except Hamilton. Hearts probably being the best. St Mirren is decent also. Hampden is the best in the country as you would expect but I would expect us to be up there with them.

Last time I had a pie at Hampden (which was at the Olympic Games football matches which were being held there) it was so bad I actually took it back. It was literally inedible.

Has anyone ever considered outsourcing to Greggs, KFC, McDonalds etc? :p

In all seriousness, I don’t think the menu needs drastically overhauled. The quality undoubtedly does though. The price you pay for the quality of product is shocking.
I don’t know the infrastructure of the stadium but I don’t think we’re set up to be cooking chips fresh or having a pulled pork pit during the match.

Just imagine the first time the fire alarm goes off during a match.

High horse? Because I want our funds to be prioritised on the team and stadium infrastructure rather than kiosk grub.
Not following you.

Great logic bro

Better services in stadium means more money for the Club. Utterly amazed you don’t realise this.

In these times of healthy eating initiatives, often promoted by Rangers themselves, then why are we still selling pies as our main food staple? Does any other entertainment venue sell pies apart from football grounds? Does anyone ever eat a pie outside of a football stadium? Do young kids even like pies?

Was at Ibrox for the rugby 7s during the commonwealth games and the catering was better then, both in choice and quality, so it can be done. Selling beer also helped.
I understand that the footfall would have been steady throughout the day, not the 20 minute pregame and halftime rush as we get at a football game

Sorry mate - I haven't got a clue what you're on about
I've read every post before posting - have you ?
If you don't like the term 'plodding along' - choose your own - I used it because your posts implied change wasn't necessary & myself (& many others on here) weren't on the right wavelength for suggesting change
If this isn't correct then your posts are mis-leading to say the least

Where in my posts does it suggest bringing it in-house ? I'll admit I'm advocating more improvement & that could presumably be achieved with more control - but needn't be by bringing it in-house

I asked you if you were aware of the last time the contract was put out for tender on the open market & your reply was 9 years - thanks
Doesn't that tell you our current deal is well out of date & ready for up-grade ?

How does ' putting it out for tender' fit in with your accusation that I'm suggesting we bring it in-house ?

If you really do want change - you seem to have a very blinkered view of how we get that change

You can't actually be this dense. Nothing in my post suggested change wasn't necessary. You didn't mention bringing it in house but other posters did and that's why I mentioned it. I'm not accusing you of anything, you replied to me ffs.

Great logic bro

Better services in stadium means more money for the Club. Utterly amazed you don’t realise this.

Don't you think the board would have already done this if it was so easy?
We're locked into a catering contract, "bro".
But if you wan't to spunk our precious funds on upgrading the hot dogs rather than fixing the holes in the roof and signing players, so be it.

Don't you think the board would have already done this if it was so easy?
We're locked into a catering contract, "bro".
But if you wan't to spunk our precious funds on upgrading the hot dogs rather than fixing the holes in the roof and signing players, so be it.

Which expires soon hence the discussion. Fortunately for us the Club and most people with a brain realise that there’s a middle ground between providing a better matchday experience whilst making profit that benefits the Club and the supporters simultaneously and it’s not simply a case of choosing between signing a player and “upgrading hot dogs”

Which expires soon hence the discussion. Fortunately for us the Club and most people with a brain realise that there’s a middle ground between providing a better matchday experience whilst making profit that benefits the Club and the supporters simultaneously and it’s not simply a case of choosing between signing a player and “upgrading hot dogs”

Here's your outfit for the next home game:

adult-plus-size-hot-dog-costume.jpg

In these times of healthy eating initiatives, often promoted by Rangers themselves, then why are we still selling pies as our main food staple? Does any other entertainment venue sell pies apart from football grounds? Does anyone ever eat a pie outside of a football stadium? Do young kids even like pies?
I suspect you’re scared of a pie.

“I used to love a pie at the game.”

100% Look at the catering prices from a while back when the quality was top class 50p for a pie on that menu ( if you scroll right ) even the delicious blue nose burgers and The bears pakora where £1.10p each wheres the value gone ?

Last edited:
I can't really comment on the actual quality of the food on sale as it has been years since I bought anything but the price and the queues put me off even trying,
Are the kiosks fit for purpose to provide a decent service would a company like Greggs see them as a viable proposition .

Was at Ibrox for the rugby 7s during the commonwealth games and the catering was better then, both in choice and quality, so it can be done. Selling beer also helped.
I understand that the footfall would have been steady throughout the day, not the 20 minute pregame and halftime rush as we get at a football game

And there we have it. Clearly a different catering company were in place for the Rugby 7s.

So many improvements can be done.

I don’t think it’s a case of investing in catering = less money to spend on infrastructure. Food should enhance the match day experience whilst at the same time providing income to the club...the board clearly realises this and I trust them to get it right.

Top bants Cammy boy.

Seriously though, what about some wraps or baguettes or something vaguely healthy? We're not going to reduce bearette's arses if we serve them pies, pastries, burgers and hot dogs.
to be serious, I'm certain they do sell wraps (in the Govan rear at least) I think you just have to look at the success of Greggs to see why pies burgers etc are such good sellers. I'm more surprised that they don't sell chips (i sure we don't) I wouldnt be adverse to some health options though.

Its simply rubbish. The choice of food is crap. Ever seen one of those ‘wraps of the month ‘. What even is in it ? When are we going to get a decent range of food, it’s been the same dross for as long as I can remember. You can’t even buy a water. I asked for a water And the girl gave me tepid water from the tap. Kids don’t want macaroni pies or mince pies.
I think they should start small and use maybe a couple of kiosks in each stand and experiment selling decent quality lunch food , including good sandwiches , different range of hot food etc and at the very least bottled water which of course should be poured into a cup by the staff because we will all throw the bottles on the pitch apparently !! GET THE CATERING SORTED RANGERS.

There is no defence against this situation. I'm far away but, isn't wasn't the catering franchise with Sodexo or similar some time not too long ago ? Who is it now ?

Surely the club should monitor this and call out any company who has been awarded the franchise and tell them to buck up or move out !

Last edited:
5☆ catering say 20 times a year for 90 minutes would be expensive- buy a pie and a juice or dont- simple. Also the limited range sameness works for most- think Greggs, KFC etc.

Thank goodness Dave King and Stevie G don’t have that outlook.
If everyone thought like that we’d still be in the dark ages.
We need to raise the bar considerably.
Imagine the money we could make on Euro nights if good fare was on offer to attract people on earlier. Healthy food should be available for kids at a very minimum.

No - my point is that life’s too short to get upset at being denied Michelin starred food at the game.
What I get upset about, in fact I get fucking livid, is Rangers’ inability to generate much needed revenue by providing decent food to 50,000 potential customers every other week. Shite hamburgers, half cooked mutton pies and macaroni cheese pies just don’t cut it.

Here's the thing that confuses me, does anyone disagree with any of these statements.

1, Rangers supporters deserve better food when going to home matches.

2, Rangers supporters deserve batter value for that food.

3, Rangers supporters want the club to profit more from their food purchases

4, The above is achievable with proper management

If not, then what is any argument about.

Back