The State of Ibrox Catering

The food has always been poor and the quality and standard of the food are highly questionable at the best of times likewise some of the staff who serve up the stuff honestly half of them could not give a toss or be bothered whilst serving it's almost as if they have been forced to work there or are only there for a quick few quid.

The sooner the whole set up is overhauled the better that's if you want decent food etc I haven't touched any of it in years unfortunately.

McD’s , KFC et al would never make money in an outlet that is only open 20 times a year for a couple of hours a time and there really is nowhere that proper industrial kitchens could go.
Our set up will allow for stuff that can be heated up and kept warm something like a Dominos slice bar with might be a viable option.
I am sure that a company like McDonalds ,who are in sports stadiums across the world will have contingency plans for all sorts of places.

McD’s , KFC et al would never make money in an outlet that is only open 20 times a year for a couple of hours a time and there really is nowhere that proper industrial kitchens could go.
Our set up will allow for stuff that can be heated up and kept warm something like a Dominos slice bar with might be a viable option.

Am I not right in saying that they are also franchises so there may be rules about how close outlets can be to each other. That's just a guess though, I'm not sure if there is a proximity rule.

At the Hamilton game,there was an A4 sheet of paper stuck on the wall saying “mineral water £1.50” (club deck) so presumably they were selling bottles of water.
You can buy twelve bottles of water from Asda for about £2 and decent size bottle, so say £16 profit for an outlay of £2, my maths isn't that great but is that around 600% profit or more ?

If it's any consolation, the snack bar trucks outside have upped their game immeasurably these past few years. If I'm peckish I buy there. You couldn't pay me to eat the slop on sale inside Ibrox.

Here's an easy answer, the club should do it rather than sub contract it to some French greedy bastards, It's not also as if this is some sort of bespoke food specially produced by them for our fans and why the prices are high.

This is run of the mill stuff bought from local producers from the pies, the coke which is just syrup added to water, bovril which comes in powder form and hot water added, Greigs pies for example are less than half the cost but far better value for money and taste much nicer.

These company's buy in bulk thus also keeping their costs low, buy low and sell for as much as you like, they get away with it because there is no other option if you are hungry or your kids want something and we continue to buy it.

We the supporters have control of what we want, this French mob have a contract with the club and the club will get the money regardless if we do or don't buy food and drink, If we boycotted buying anything from them they would have no choice but to listen and the mark up on what they sell is shocking considering how low they will be paying for it, there is a difference between slightly getting ripped off and company's absolutely shitting on you from a great height and then for good measure they rub it in your face.

We have the power to change things.

They dont give u bottles in my section anymore they pour it Into a plastic cup I'm in mrt not sure about anywhere else my pal kicked his over under the seat and soaked the sleeve of my jacket at the aberdeen game when I asked why I couldn't have the bottle she couldn't tell me

It is against terms & conditions in ground relegations to allow controlled containers within the ground

Selling you a bottle of water or soft drink isn't a problem but they can't give you the actual bottle hence why they pour it into to a paper cup

I said this before I don't know why we don't outsource this to MacDonalds or Pizza Hut, or a few of them. They can run it and we get a better choice of food, would love a pizza at the game!

Ours is get you to the stadium as late as possible and get you out as soon as possible. It's a terrible experience.

Rangers are literally, in effect, waving away tens of thousands of pounds on a regular basis, but not even taking care of the basics which everyone expects in the 21st century. I wouldn't give them a penny for the rubbish currently available. Embarrassing doesn't even come close.

I was at QPR recently and they offer pie, mash and liquor, pizza slices, doughnuts and coffee deals and all the rest - and they seem to manage just fine working from compact kiosks within narrow concourses at Loftus Road.

I am sure that a company like McDonalds ,who are in sports stadiums across the world will have contingency plans for all sorts of places.

The only one I know of in this country was at the Olympic stadium and it closed after the games.
It may be feasible at stadia like modern baseball grounds where people are there for extended timeframes and games are on for the bulk of the year. If McDonald’s or their ilk thought there was money in it they would be coming to us.

I don't have time to read the whole thread but why don't Rangers auction off the catering to the highest bidder. Have Greggs, McDonalds, KFC and Tim Hortons bid for the rights to sell food and soft drinks in the Stadium.

Or give them a stall each in each stabd

Choice.

Let them pay for the privilage

Rangers should also try to ban the catering vans from the immediate area outside

I’d rather buy from rangers than fat Rab’s snack van who could be a mentally challenged

The OP is bang on, it’s been over priced crap for years. I come from a vintage of mince pie, bovril, spearmint chew and macaroon bar but this is 2019 and the audience is looking for a better all round experience for their £100 a day out charge, not the £5 we spent.

There is also the revenue stream, I know we are a million miles away from something like Tottenham but we should still make more money from our footfall.

on a positive, the only thing I buy is the hot lentil soup and roll from the standalone kiosk in GR, it’s decent and fair price.
You forgot to mention the gammon rolls in the big cardboard boxes.:D

To be fair the wrap of the month is not too bad normally, but waaaayyyy over priced!

the rest is poor, not a great selection and again prices are a joke

on a side not, they do pie of the month, anyone see the season before last where the pie of the month was roasted butternut-squash!! I mean c’mon, how many them they expect to sell! Normal punter strolls up 6 pints in him and thinks aye I’ll have one of those!

It is against terms & conditions in ground relegations to allow controlled containers within the ground

Selling you a bottle of water or soft drink isn't a problem but they can't give you the actual bottle hence why they pour it into to a paper cup
In England they just take the caps off. This is the same with bottled beer and soft drinks

In England they just take the caps off. This is the same with bottled beer and soft drinks

Rules are different in England remember

However in Scotland it is different

The Criminal Law (Consolidation) (Scotland) Act 1995 prevents it

however it has been in place since 1981

Last edited:
Bringing back the guy that used to sell the ham and cheese rolls from a cardboard box would be an improvement, and that's saying something.

Isn’t this something that’s being addressed very soon?

Everyone knows the catering is shïte but we need to be understanding about the time it takes to get all your ducks in a row after the mess we were in. A lukewarm pie unfortunately isn’t high up on the list, but I’m sure it will be seen to soon enough.

You can get water though, I get it every week. They just decant it into a cup.
It’s food at the football, if you’re wanting a meal then go to for a meal. Food is shite at 99% of the stadiums in the Uk.

You can get water though, I get it every week. They just decant it into a cup.
It’s food at the football, if you’re wanting a meal then go to for a meal. Food is shite at 99% of the stadiums in the Uk.
It isn't shite at Kilmarnock, Dunfermline or London Stadium.
The pies are better, cheaper and more varied at Dumbarton.

What's your opinion on the fans who spend absolute fortunes in hospitality?
Have they just to go for the meal but not the game?

So far this season we've had threads to improve the match day music, the right back, stadium announcer, stewards, ball boys and catering.

I wonder who's next? :confused:

Decent food and refreshments at Ibrox shouldn't even be up for debate in 2019. Its tragic the possible shedload of cash that's being spent elsewhere by Bears on this issue and not going directly to our club.

Football fans have gone beyond wanting stinking pies and a Bovril. That nothing has been done about it for years is ridiculous. It's worse than it was in the 90's.

It isn't shite at Kilmarnock, Dunfermline or London Stadium.
The pies are better, cheaper and more varied at Dumbarton.

What's your opinion on the fans who spend absolute fortunes in hospitality?
Have they just to go for the meal but not the game?
Well I would assume that if you spend a fortune in hospitality then you are doing it because you want a meal and a bevvy. Why does that mean they can’t enjoy the game? not really sure on your point because the food in hospitality is good.
As i said 99% of stadiums. Killies food is as guff as ours. The killie pie is just as toxic as any pie in scottish football mate - don’t believe the hype :))

No mate, what most people aren't grasping is that Rangers don't control the matchday catering, until they do they won't be able to improve it.

It’s a contract Rangers hold.

They employ a contractor.

They could have done far more to instruct improvements.

Hopefully it’s ripped up at the end of this period.

Well I would assume that if you spend a fortune in hospitality then you are doing it because you want a meal and a bevvy. Why does that mean they can’t enjoy the game? not really sure on your point because the food in hospitality is good.
As i said 99% of stadiums. Killies food is as guff as ours. The killie pie is just as toxic as any pie in scottish football mate - don’t believe the hype :))

You tell me why or have you forgot your own post.
You said if people want a meal, then go for a meal.
Our fans on hospitality clearly want a meal and a bevvy, why are they allowed to expect decent fayre for their money but you'll criticise those outside the boxes who want decent food?

I know you said 99% of stadiums, I gave a small sample from my experience.
We've already had plenty of posters list the stadiums in England that provide much better than the facilities at Ibrox do, so clearly your 99% is way out.

And I don't need to 'believe the hype' of a Killie Pie, I have actually tried them.

Totally agree,I enjoy the food from the vans but it's a pity Rangers aren't getting my money.
Do the folk that own the vans pay some sort of fee for selling outside Ibrox?.
Most aren't in the stadium footprint so they probably pay the council.

Totally agree,I enjoy the food from the vans but it's a pity Rangers aren't getting my money.
Do the folk that own the vans pay some sort of fee for selling outside Ibrox?.

The one that sits on the stadium footprint will generate revenue for the club, all the others are on the public highway so will only require a traders licence. The club can’t control what happens off the stadium footprint

Back