The state of Old Trafford is putting off prospective ManUtd buyers

Doesn't sound great really. I would have thought the work done before euro '96 and into the early 2000's would have kept them on top of any issues. No chance the Glazers are going anywhere soo.

Dreadful state of Old Trafford

Pretty damning article that, isn’t it?

Ibrox needs work but we would have something to really complain about if we had revenue streams available like them and our team was as shambolic on the pitch as their place is off it.
A business colleague of mine took us to hospitality last season , we were all pretty shocked at the state of disrepair the place is in

Another sign that Man Utd have turned from being an elite club worldwide to a level or two below. Standards have slipped big time, on and off the pitch

I've been a few times recently, and I can't honestly say I thought it was in poor condition.

It's in an infinitely better state than Ibrox.

I took a tour there on new years eve. Place looked fine to me. The roof of the old stand looked in need of some TLC but on the whole the stadium looked fine.

I did think the lounge for the directors box was very plain though. Just had an air of a Premier Inn bar about it. New changing rooms were cool.

Not really much detail in that is there? It doesn't say anything about the state of the stadium apart from that the roof leaked once.

I was expecting to read the rats and stray dogs have eaten the place but all I've found out is they have shower seats there.

When you look at the state they are in at the moment, you realise it was probably only the fact they had fergie as manager that stopped them sliding into mediocrity years before they did.
They've spent absolute fortunes and are lightyears behind their rivals. The way they look at the moment, it will take years before they are competing again, and that's if they sort out some solid foundations right now.
The way it's going, they are heading for a Liverpool type drought, Premier league wise.

I have been a few times in the last year. I was blown away by how utterly shite the atmosphere is, that was against Liverpool. It’s a bizarre higglty pigulty type stadium, reminds me of the paedodome.

I have been a few times in the last year. I was blown away by how utterly shite the atmosphere is, that was against Liverpool. It’s a bizarre higglty pigulty type stadium, reminds me of the paedodome.

I've been as well and would agree about the atmosphere. We complain about ours but the atmosphere there was a joke. All you could here were individual conversations. Even when Man U scored it was a brief sounding of some music and an even briefer round of applause from the stands. It was against Everton as well and given Manks and Scousers don't really like each other it was a surprise. Its now that you realise just how good Ferguson was.

My brother in law and nephew did the old trafford tour last year and they werent very impressed. Think they were expecting a hig tech modern stadium but it was just a standard big old stadium. I'm sure they were told alex ferguson had actually dowgraded the changing rooms as he didnt want pampered footballers.

Was in Anfield yesterday for the resident consultation exercise for the 7k seat extension to the Anfield Road stand. Liverpool are going in the right direction. Superb stadium and the area surrounding the ground is being regenerated. New school, new health centre and total rebuild of slum housing.

There was a debate on either 5 Live or TalkSport about Man U and during it one guy said he'd covered Man U all his life in the media and Old Trafford was 'dilapidated' and had had next to zero work done on it for a long time. I posted on here that reminded me of the latter SDM era and all the time from then until DK and DP etc saved us. Maybe about to face extreme financial issues?

I've been twice in the last year or so and didn't think it was that bad. Their concourse and toilet area are much better than Ibrox.

Agree on atmosphere being terrible.

The Glazers havent put a penny into its upkeep in 15 years,the place is becoming a money pit for them
"Becoming a money pit"?

Malcolm Glazer was at it from day one when he only put down £100M and borrowed £700M which he had to pay back over £1Billion for but then promptly transferred the entire debt to the club!

May that horrible bastard rot in Hell, and I don't even like Man United!

"Becoming a money pit"?

Malcolm Glazer was at it from day one when he only put down £100M and borrowed £700M which he had to pay back over £1Billion for but then promptly transferred the entire debt to the club!

May that horrible bastard rot in Hell, and I don't even like Man United!
I mean old Trafford

I’ve been to Old Trafford many times over the years, albeit the last time was for a Billy Joel concert. There are parts that are looking dated but overall it’s a great stadium and it’s unfair to compare it to the purpose built stadiums of Spurs and Arsenal , the later of which has many detractors.

Not having a go at the OP but this is complete bollocks. Any company with the financial power to consider purchasing Man Utd wouldn't be 'put off' by the possibility fixing a roof.

It would be a billion pound deal. We are talking about a rounding error here.

Old Trafford, the greatest stadium of all.

Old Trafford, the home of the greatest of English football who have won it all.

Old Trafford...
12670808-0-image-a-7_1556127518311.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Shitehole...

Whatever you think about Man Utd (I detest them), if this shit was written about Rangers with same lack of detail this place would be in meltdown. A nothing article full of conjecture. Poor.

I done the tour not long ago and to be honest never noticed it being in a bad way. I'm sure there are bits needing attention like most grounds but my overall impression was positive.

Old Trafford isn't as aesthetically pleasing as a lot of stadiums, but it's Britain's biggest club stadium and with a relatively modest investment to their main stand, could get even bigger. They would easily sell out every game as well. United are massive, and sooner or later they will get their house in order.

A lot of mince they are the biggest club in the world, I'm sure if those cocks decide to sell, there will be no shortage of very rich buyers, they are on a different planet from other clubs size wise.

Ridiculous guff...only 20 people in the world with funds !
I think you should be using something like 5% of your funds on a sports team at a push.

So you'd need 20 Billion minimum to viably buy Man Utd according to financial analysis.
You then have to factor in upgrades and if you wanted to give them a war chest FFP aside.

Quite clearly 1.5 billion would be more than enough, but you don't really accrue that kind of wealth by throwing 2/3s of it away and leaving yourself only 500 million. :))

Back