The Story of Don Revie and 'Dirty Leeds'.

Worked in Yorkshire for 2 years all I heard was how much bigger club they were to Rangers and how they are a top 6 supported team in England . Cloud cuckoo land .

I suppose everything is relative here, Leeds bigger than Rangers is a tricky one due to many factors, Rangers is a world wide phenomenon but a lot of that is down to what Rangers are as a club, Leeds cannot claim anywhere close to that kind of support and I would never claim it, even though for a club that has spent more than half its existence in the lower divisions we don’t do bad for global support. Now the bit your not going to like, is Leeds a more relevant club than Rangers? Absolutely but that’s just geography and the fact Leeds play in a higher profile country. There is a lot of love for Rangers in Leeds so i’m Surprised to hear your claims, although it might be put down as banter. As for top 6 support? Well no, 13th actually but then that is due to the restrictions on our ground, our natural support at home would be 45 thousand if the ground allowed it, still 3 thou behind Rangers so you can take some kudos from that, but then again 13k behind the beggars so deduce from that what you will.

Couldn't stand Leeds back in the revie days, don't really bother with english football in general to he honest.

Back