The Story of RB Leipzig

Everyone hates them but if you take away the name change and shirt change what they have done is amazing really, recruitment is superb - amazed nobody has tried to get Rangnick. Business wise choosing Leipzig to do this has been a masterstoke, a huge City full of people basically sick of left and right wing Politics being related to Football. I don't like them myself but what they have done has taken the piss out of many Clubs who have sat idle and not moved with the times in a way.

This is the bit that jumped out to me, similar to Man City. Not just the pyramid system which includes USA and Aussie teams but how do Red Bull get round the dual ownership UEFA regs? Namely Leipzig and Salzburg.

Red Bull's "bespoke, globalised player-trading platform" enables the owners to benefit from smart, efficient player trading. Movement between the clubs is fluid - midfielders Hannes Wolf and Amadou Haidara swapped Salzburg for Leipzig in the summer, American Tyler Adams arrived from New York last January and the now-Red Bull Salzburg head coach Jesse Marsch has worked at all three.

Everyone hates them but if you take away the name change and shirt change what they have done is amazing really, recruitment is superb - amazed nobody has tried to get Rangnick. Business wise choosing Leipzig to do this has been a masterstoke, a huge City full of people basically sick of left and right wing Politics being related to Football. I don't like them myself but what they have done has taken the piss out of many Clubs who have sat idle and not moved with the times in a way.

Not wrong there, looking at teams like Hertha Berlin with almost unlimited untapped potential in area the size of berlin, RB completely passed them by.

This is the bit that jumped out to me, similar to Man City. Not just the pyramid system which includes USA and Aussie teams but how do Red Bull get round the dual ownership UEFA regs? Namely Leipzig and Salzburg.

Red Bull's "bespoke, globalised player-trading platform" enables the owners to benefit from smart, efficient player trading. Movement between the clubs is fluid - midfielders Hannes Wolf and Amadou Haidara swapped Salzburg for Leipzig in the summer, American Tyler Adams arrived from New York last January and the now-Red Bull Salzburg head coach Jesse Marsch has worked at all three.

Can't remember who it was but there was one lad in his mid 20s who had been at 4 or 5 of their Clubs, he had basically never played for any other Club than a Red Bull one.

The modern way ahead. Champions of Europe in the future without a doubt.
great team to watch as well.

Not wrong there, looking at teams like Hertha Berlin with almost unlimited untapped potential in area the size of berlin, RB completely passed them by.

Think Bayern actually improved their own Academy because the RB Leipzig one was so impressive.

Don’t really get the hate towards them. I think what they have done in Leipzig is quite impressive.

Most of it is the 50+1 rule really. This explains it.

Ironically Wolfsburg who are owned by VW and seen in a similar light by some only charge 30 euros I think to be a member for a year and season tickets are miles cheaper than most Bundesliga Clubs

I don't see the problem apart from the insistance on changing club badges/colours.

Red Bull Rangers competing in the business end of European competition would be fine by me.
And me not sure a Red home kit though but I guess a Blue away kit would be fine! Was there not rumours of them buying us a few years ago or am I imagining that?

did the Austrian owner not nick the basic drink off of a Thai as well?

sure I read it somewhere recently
It was a joint effort, the Thai guy was a chemist who came up with the recipe, the Austrian guy marketed it, both made millions. The Thai inventor died a 3 or 4 years back, his grandson is now in exile after knocking down a cop in his Ferrari under the influence of charlie. He tried to get his butler to take the wrap but was found guilty. He has now fled to Singapore to wait out the Thai statute of limitations.

It was a joint effort, the Thai guy was a chemist who came up with the recipe, the Austrian guy marketed it, both made millions. The Thai inventor died a 3 or 4 years back, his grandson is now in exile after knocking down a cop in his Ferrari under the influence of charlie. He tried to get his butler to take the wrap but was found guilty. He has now fled to Singapore to wait out the Thai statute of limitations.

Ffs, living the dream eh

Everything wrong with modern football.

Did you read the article?

They bought over a small nothing club and they've brought a big team and a bit of pride back to Eastern Germany.

They aren't buying superstars like PSG or Man CIty but trying to scout them and develop players.

You've always had heavily invested owners coming into clubs and doing the same kind of thing. It being a company over an individual doesn't really make that much of a difference to me.

I thought coprorate ownership, or at least in Germany, what is it, 49% was already common?
Bayer the pharmaceutical company more or less bankroll Bayer Leverkusen and VW for Wolfsburg?
That said I don't have much of an opinion on it, would be different I guess if somebody bought a team in the bottom tier here and took them to title challangers within a decade.

Interestingly, while RB Leipzig rise out of absolute nothing the famous Lokomotiv Leipzig declined into lower league obscurity. Same with Dinamo Dresden. I remember these teams as regulars in European competitions going back 30-40 years.

Interesting fact I was told about them was they built the new stadium within the confines of the old stadium.

You can see the shape of the old stadium in this pic

Had nothing to do with them that to be honest mate, was done up for the World Cup in 2006. Red Bull only got involved in 2009.

Interestingly, while RB Leipzig rise out of absolute nothing the famous Lokomotiv Leipzig declined into lower league obscurity. Same with Dinamo Dresden. I remember these teams as regulars in European competitions going back 30-40 years.

Doing the best they have in years LOK at the minute, top of Nordost Regionaliga - decent chance of making it in to 3 Liga for next season.

Interesting fact I was told about them was they built the new stadium within the confines of the old stadium.

You can see the shape of the old stadium in this pic

How many did the old stadium hold?

Had nothing to do with them that to be honest mate, was done up for the World Cup in 2006. Red Bull only got involved in 2009.

Just meant a fact about the stadium...was unaware of any of the stuff being discussed in the thread.

As I said, I wouldn't like to see Rangers change their home colour and the badge that we use.

Apart from that, why not?

I can't understand the hatred to them. Is it from fans of established clubs who see a threat to their hegemony?

Why is it okay for Man. City, for example, to be bankrolled by a dubious Middle Eastern regime (yes, I know they have been banned from European competitions - lets wait and see if that flies)?

Football has changed - I'm sure we can all agree that at the top level it is no longer the working mans game.
I don't like what's happened to it but the truth is we are always going be small fish in a big pond unless we get a major backer like Red Bull or some rich benefactor with deep pockets.

Agree with this as well, they're moving with the times and making the most of an opportunity.

Back