The Strike Duo That Won Wolfsburg the Bundesliga

Bundesliga had a few teams win it for a while before Munich got their stranglehold on it.

Edit: only about 3 in the timescale I was thinking of werder Bremen, Wolfsburg, Stuttgart.

Weird team. I seem to remember them looking fairly average only to go on a ridiculous winning streak after the winter break.

Terrible place all the same.

Weird team. I seem to remember them looking fairly average only to go on a ridiculous winning streak after the winter break.

Terrible place all the same.

Hoffenheim were looking good for the title before absolutely disintegrating. There were about 5-6 sides with a genuine chance of winning it until the end of April.

Isn't Wolfsburg the richest town in Germany because of VW?

Did we sign Reyna from Wolfsburg and his son also plays in Germany now. Was Reynas dad in the army or soemthing over there or just all coincidences

Hoffenheim were looking good for the title before absolutely disintegrating. There were about 5-6 sides with a genuine chance of winning it until the end of April.

It’s up there, know a lad who’s Dad is high up in VW - lives in Braunschweig. Both are Wolfsburg fans. Ingolstadt is similar due to Audi I think.

Reactions: VGM

Was that the season Ibisevic got a bad injury and they fell away? Think they've come close a couple of times.

Yeah, I mean, it basically exists to serve the VW workers. I've always got a strange vibe from the locals whenever passing through. (Loads of places in Germany are funny like that right enough.)

Bundesliga had a few teams win it for a while before Munich got their stranglehold on it.

Edit: only about 3 in the timescale I was thinking of werder Bremen, Wolfsburg, Stuttgart.

WE beat Stuttgart when they were Champions and beat Bremen in 07/08 when they ended up runners up. Two results which we never seem to get the credit we deserve. Some fantastic players in both sides.

COPA90 really constantly come out with great stuff. I'd have actually forgotten that season, but now I think of it Grafite was immense.

Dzeko is weirdly underrated I thinl, although he has played for some big teams. Still doing the business

Back