The Subway Loyal

It's the attitude in Scotland just now in most towns you can't sit in and have meal after 8 o clock no ambition nothing it's the constant drone of Holyrood dictatorship we can't do this we can't do that Scotland is fooked
That's a hard read, bear.

Managed to do some punctuation and get your drift.

Utter drivel.

Was at the game today with an older Bear, who isn’t the steadiest or quickest on his feet, in CR which is not our usual area. I don’t ever leave early but asked him at 88 if he wanted to head down stairs. He said yes as he was concerned about the exiting. Is that wrong OP? If you think it is then basically you can bite me. Don’t make general assumptions …. you can end up looking a fool

Ah, another 'I'm a better Rangers fan than you' thread. :)

It's insane what you you need to do on here to 'prove' yourself to the self important bellends.
I left bang on 90. Genuinely don't give a %^*& what the OP or anyone else thinks about that.

Haven’t been at Ibrox in near 18 months, yet folk left at HT for the pub and then mass exodus from 75 minutes onwards

Think it’s time the club made fans swipe out using their ST.

If you leave early, deducted MyGers points or something. If you do it consistently then do what Dortmund done, revoke the season ticket and give it to folk on the waiting list.

Such a

I was being sarcastic.
Yeah, but after your initial, so called sarcastic sentence, you then give an opinion.
One where you advocate the stripping of season tickets.

It's maybe just the way I'm reading it.
Nuance is so difficult to read and convey in forums like this.
If I have taken you out of turn, I apologise.

With only half a crowd there was no need to leave early...I took my normal leisurely stroll to Cessnock at full time, managed to get on the first train and whats more got a seat.

A good few started walking about 75mins from CF.F uck em,glad they missed Roofe's goal.

Last edited:
Was at the game today with an older Bear, who isn’t the steadiest or quickest on his feet, in CR which is not our usual area. I don’t ever leave early but asked him at 88 if he wanted to head down stairs. He said yes as he was concerned about the exiting. Is that wrong OP? If you think it is then basically you can bite me. Don’t make general assumptions …. you can end up looking a fool

I don't think anyone has an issue with folk with mobility issues trying to beat the rush. The OP clearly isn't aimed at him.

Who cares , it’s being happening forever… haven’t been to the football for 18 months and you bring this up ffs Jeezo… have a look at yourself please

It's pretty depressing in all honesty.. people just stuck in a habit for the sake of it.

The que for the subway doesn't help to be fair.. even though its never as bad as it seems.

The drinking culture at the games doesn't help either.

Loads would rather fit another pint in before the bus leaves than stay for 90 minutes.

It also happens at away games albeit on a lesser scale.. boys leaving early to go buy scoop for the journey home.

It's pretty depressing in all honesty.. people just stuck in a habit for the sake of it.

The que for the subway doesn't help to be fair.. even though its never as bad as it seems.

The drinking culture at the games doesn't help either.

Loads would rather fit another pint in before the bus leaves than stay for 90 minutes.

It also happens at away games albeit on a lesser scale.. boys leaving early to go buy scoop for the journey home.

It's no where near as bad a it was years ago. The Police usually have it well organised and you are waiting 15 minutes at best.

Yes my son?

Guy in front of me left on 85 with his daughter aged perhaps 7/8.
What is the problem with that, just looking after the wee one.
Seen a few adults sneaking out, but hey ho, its always going to happen.
Nothing at all wrong with that IMO. People leaving at half time to go to the pub on the other hand, they’re not real fans and it’s frustrating when people like that get a ticket and thousands of others have missed out.

Haven’t been at Ibrox in near 18 months, yet folk left at HT for the pub and then mass exodus from 75 minutes onwards

Think it’s time the club made fans swipe out using their ST.

If you leave early, deducted MyGers points or something. If you do it consistently then do what Dortmund done, revoke the season ticket and give it to folk on the waiting list.

Such a riddy.
Give it a rest you're bang of order , and it's thier choice

Give it a rest you're bang of order , and it's thier choice
Don’t think I’m bang out of order at all

Thousands were desperate to be there today but missed out on a ballot to plenty who left well before time up.

It’s embarrassing. Also no doubt those that leave will be first to shout how we’re the best supporters there is etc yet can’t be bothered to stay for the full game

Some, a minority I may add, will have valid reasons for leaving early but the vast vast majority really can’t be that desperate to get home 20 minutes earlier than if they stayed until FT.

Huge demand for ST’s now. Club should look at what Dortmund done with fans that didn’t show up for x amount of games. Revoked the ST and gave it to those desperate and on the waiting list.

I just can't imagine leaving early

How much does that extra 15 to 30 minutes mean to them

Don’t think I’m bang out of order at all

Thousands were desperate to be there today but missed out on a ballot to plenty who left well before time up.

It’s embarrassing. Also no doubt those that leave will be first to shout how we’re the best supporters there is etc yet can’t be bothered to stay for the full game

Some, a minority I may add, will have valid reasons for leaving early but the vast vast majority really can’t be that desperate to get home 20 minutes earlier than if they stayed until FT.

Huge demand for ST’s now. Club should look at what Dortmund done with fans that didn’t show up for x amount of games. Revoked the ST and gave it to those desperate and on the waiting list.
100% agreed.

The argument that these people have to catch buses or whatever back home (especially those from NI) only holds up for a small part of the people leaving early. The rest imo do it because they can't be bothered waiting a few minutes extra leaving the ground.

I never understood it but now, after more than a year of not being able to see your team live, to leave so early is pathetic.

Can anyone walk into the stadium in the last 15mins? Surprised more folk don't do this. Stewards unlikely to stop you.

I can understand having to leave early midweek matches, but a Saturday half 1 kick off? Nah not at all, where are people going in such a hurry? Is it really worth missing a goal to get a pint 15 minutes early?

Never understood it.

I can understand having to leave early midweek matches, but a Saturday half 1 kick off? Nah not at all, where are people going in such a hurry? Is it really worth missing a goal to get a pint 15 minutes early?

Never understood it.
You text me 20 minutes in asking to go for a pint :))

Seriously though the games on TV if you want a beer that much give your ticket to someone who wants to be there for the full game

I left at 85 mins today as had somewhere to be. Paid a season ticket for a couple of years despite not getting in the ground so think people can do what they want to be honest. I get your point though as there’s a crowd who show up blotto and leave at half time every game, think it’s more an excuse to get out the house for them than go see the Rangers.

When I was younger my old man always used to leave at 85 mins IF the game was done at that point, to get us ahead of the traffic as we were travelling back to Livi. If it was level or close or a big game, we never left early. I don’t get folk who do it every game, makes no sense to me.
Have we got the same old man, mines does the exact same

Always need some thing to complain about. Talk about the government and their dictatorship during the pandemic, then we’ve got suggestions about removing people’s MyGers points or even ST for people that leave early.

They’re entitled to leave early but the club are entitled to tell them they’re not welcome back while it’s a reduced capacity.

There are people still waiting to get back into Ibrox and they had to watch people leaving from 65 minutes onwards, it’s a total slap in the face to fellow fans and the players who have been told about the famous Ibrox atmosphere must be thinking wtf
Have you heard yourself?Yeah great idea tell the people who leave before full time they are not welcome back at Ibrox why didnt the club think of that years ago.

It's a point that comes up every season and always will.

There's 3 types really. The folk that use 'going to the game' as an excuse to get a few precious hours in the pub Bevvy merchants and guys under the thumb.

Folk that leave ridiculously early, like 75 minutes due to traffic.

Folk that nip away with a few minutes remaining.

The first 2 the OP has a point, the 3rd not so much.

I want there to be a proper backing for the team.

I want there to be an enjoyable atmosphere.

I want the players to feel an energy from the stands throughout the 90 mins.

Hang me up for wanting that.

Ibrox is far too flat for far too many games.

Away games are many levels above what is created at Ibrox.

Really need the full UB's back at Ibrox ASAP.
Wether we like it or not Ibrox isn’t going to roaring none stop when teams come and sit men behind the ball and we are just passing it about keeping possession.
If games were end to end I think the atmosphere would be better but not many teams come to Ibrox and do that.

Unfortunately a lot of our fans see the match itself as the dull part of the day. It’s all about cramming as many beers in over the day. Sad indictment of our society

Have to say used to have to leave early to get 5.40 train bak down if game was over running ( getting to old to walk it in 30 mins) but now can just book the 18.40 train no matter when game ends can have a pint and catch game
Not if you're going further south than yourself;)

A wee pished guy behind us was encouraging everyone to sing and support the team(pretty much everyone was).

He then proceeded to fuuck off right on 80 minutes.

Got absolutely slaughtered as he was leaving.

Couldn't spell Rangers supporter, but could spell the name of the boozer he was going to ok.

Or maybe a referee at every exit.. A stare for 1st infringement, talking to on 2nd, stern dressing down on 3rd, 4th your in the book pal.. & happens again then the next riddy you'll be seeing is the one flashed in your face sun shine...

:)):))
How about installing a huge catapult so we can get them flung out quicker over the roof

I left on 81 minutes as I was helping my father who is in his 80s, has alzheimer's, and is not very steady on his feet (having fallen several times in the last month alone). If that loses me staunch points / MyGers points then so be it if it makes other people feel good about themselves.
There will obviously be genuine reasons in some cases (like yours) but for the majority I'd wager it's pub/don't like sitting in traffic

I see a lot of chat on social media about how amazing we are as supporters/ best fans in the world etc etc yet some can't do it for 90 minutes on a match day. Genuine reasons fair enough but for those without genuine reasons it's really poor.

Back