The Subway Loyal

What's the point going to to the match embarrassing as fook it might sound like fascism bu I would move all the ones in the Govan Stand and make it safe standing and move the union bears there.

Would be a full house at the end of the game if pints got delivered to your seat by the sound of this thread.

• Haha
Reactions: WBD
Missing the end of the game to catch the subway I can just about understand if someone has somewhere they really need to get to quickly after the game, but leaving at half time is just sticking two fingers up to the thousands that missed out.
It really is baffling behaviour

What about those that are late? Same ones every game. Or what about those that just don’t bother going? I don’t agree with those that would rather go to the pub at HT than watch Rangers, but others that leave early could have valid reasons. Many actually have jobs to go to and can’t get stuck in traffic. Aye, but deduct them MyGers points. Get a grip man!

People leave early at every ground, not sure why such a big deal tbh.

I had rough night on Friday, up early yesterday few beers etc went to game. By 65th minute game was over, so ball was out of play just decided to go for a pint.(sat end of row).

Now what difference does it make to anyone if I sat there another 25 minutes or not?

Some people just like to be permanently angry on here.

And guarantee 99 per cent of the people on this thread have left early before as well. Not the end of the world for God sake.

I had rough night on Friday, up early yesterday few beers etc went to game. By 65th minute game was over, so ball was out of play just decided to go for a pint.(sat end of row).

Now what difference does it make to anyone if I sat there another 25 minutes or not?

And guarantee 99 per cent of the people on this thread have left early before as well. Not the end of the world for God sake.
At least you've admitted it but that's embarrassing. 65th minute ffs having not seen the team in competitive action for over a year and after they have won the league. Tragic that you would rather go for a pint than watch the team

At least you've admitted it but that's embarrassing. 65th minute ffs having not seen the team in competitive action for over a year and after they have won the league. Tragic that you would rather go for a pint than watch the team

Kicked the arse out it Friday night. We have all done it.

Now I don't leave majority of games early but il admit when I do. Point is more this thread is full of people going off their nut about it when the fact is every single fan has left games early.

Just don't see why such a big deal to folk unless they are blocking your view of the game etc.

You will never change the mentality of the pub goers who would rather one more pint than rangers scoring a goal.
It doesn’t matter how the game is going pre match these people have already told their mates when they are leaving.
I also think season ticket culture is to blame. I think for a lot of the smaller games people only really go through habit and they are more inclined to leave early.

Last edited:

the problem is that for the players it must be demoralising watching half the crowd leave by the 80th min. Leaving early to grab a pint is a personal choice but those who do it regularly aren’t supporting the team like they should

P

Show me a ground that more people leave ridiculously early than Ibrox on a consistent basis? Think you will struggle to find one. Big difference from leaving in injury time compared to 45/65/70 minutes. Wonder how the players feel looking around them when the ground has half emptied ridiculously early.

There were people leaving early the night we played Inter in 2005.

I used to go to games when I was a kid with a pal and his dad. The dad was obsessed with co-ordinating the journey home to the point I genuinely felt he would rather have a quick getaway than see Rangers win.

Kicked the arse out it Friday night. We have all done it.

Now I don't leave majority of games early but il admit when I do. Point is more this thread is full of people going off their nut about it when the fact is every single fan has left games early.

Just don't see why such a big deal to folk unless they are blocking your view of the game etc.
But after 65 minutes in our 1st competitive game back? after over a year of not seeing them? After they have won the league for us? Sorry, not buying it. Especially with so many folk missing out this weekend. That’s a kick in the teeth for them as much as anything. If you had said you had to go home to bed after the Friday night I might half understand but to say you left to go for another bevvy? Come on

I’d have machine guns at the turnstiles to keep them in till the final whistle.

fucking arseholes when I had to watch it on sky and then watch them all start leaving about 70 mins.

if you got a ticket in the ballot and left before the final whistle in the Livingston game, do us all a favour and don’t apply for anymore.

Let us folk get a chance that will stay the course.

Some people prioritise watching Rangers ahead of a few pints

Others use Rangers as an excuse to get out from the wife to go for a few pints

I was fortunate enough to go yesterday, if it's still a ballot for the next home game then it's only fair that somebody who missed out gets to go. It will be annoying watching the game on RTV and seeing folk leaving early when others are missing out and desperate to be there.

One minute after ko, lock the doors. Do not open them till 5 minutes after the full time whistle. Deploy some of FF's finest as stewards at the doors to berate anyone asking to leave for a pint, bus, flight, family member in hospital etc. and take their names.

Half time at the next match, names are read out and FF's finest will huckle the individuals and drag them onto the pitch. After being forced to explain and apologise to the players, Gerrard and the rest of the stadium about how it made them feel knowing they tried to leave at 88 minutes previously they be pelted with stale pies, courtesy of Ibrox hospitality.

Sounds fair to me.
I wouldn't pelt them with pies, just make the early leavers pay for them.

If you regularly leave with 10 mins to go you're missing 10% of our goals over a season. If you leave on 70 add another 10% on to that.

Each to their own, we're all adults. Just can't get my head round it.

The worse offenders in my eyes are the ones that start leaving about 80 minutes and then proceed to stand on the stairs and watch the next 5 minutes obstructing other people's view.

Im usually fine as can see over them but there's a few old boys near me that cant see so they start their shouting. Couple of times it's ended up with handbags out. Missed a couple of late winners because of that kinda pish.

We left when the game went into time added on,More to do with the call of nature than being in a hurry to get away.

No bother buddy. Ma 4 year old son does not have the same legs as most folks. I leave early just to get him out safely and enough time to walk to shop etc.

The same thing doesn't happen anywhere near as obviously in England in my experience.

My theory is the fact that a lot of folk will have a few beers before the game but in Scotland can't get that "top up" at half time, which leaves them more likely to leave before the end as the effect of the beer wears off and they want more. That half time top up seems to suffice most down south for sure.

Have to admit as someone who didn’t get a ticket yesterday but was desperate to go, found it a bit of A slap in the dish that people began to flood into the Louden at Half time

There's added frustration because nearly 50% of STHs were locked out.

Hopefully there are no restrictions at the next home league game. If there are, though, it seems a few won’t mind watching the game in the pub…

Think it’s time the club made fans swipe out using their ST.

If you leave early, deducted MyGers points or something. If you do it consistently then do what Dortmund done, revoke the season ticket and give it to folk on the waiting list.

Such a riddy.

Fully agree.

Gobsmacked at people leaving early yesterday. Probably the same people moaning about missing games during covid and telling everyone how they can’t wait to get back. I knew people desperate to get in yesterday who missed out and you’ve got clowns leaving around 80 mins.

Our support are incredible but this is without a doubt the one thing I’d love to change.

Fully agree.

Gobsmacked at people leaving early yesterday. Probably the same people moaning about missing games during covid and telling everyone how they can’t wait to get back. I knew people desperate to get in yesterday who missed out and you’ve got clowns leaving around 80 mins.

Our support are incredible but this is without a doubt the one thing I’d love to change.

Tarring everyone in that way is bullshit imo, as is labeling fellow supporters 'clowns'. Plenty of people would've had legitimate reasons to step out a few minutes early yesterday. I very rarely leave early but I went bang on 90 just to get a bit of a flyer, due to something I had on that I was already going to be late for.

Labeling people 'clowns' for stuff like that and agreeing with that idiot above, who is looking for guys to have their ST revoked is really poor imo. People make massive sacrifices to follow the team. If they need to leave early it doesn't have anything to do with me. This sanctimonious 'I'm a better Rangers fan than you' that we see on here so often now, really is tiresome.

Tarring everyone in that way is bullshit imo, as is labeling fellow supporters 'clowns'. Plenty of people would've had legitimate reasons to step out a few minutes early yesterday. I very rarely leave early but I went bang on 90 just to get a bit of a flyer, due to something I had on that I was already going to be late for.

Labeling people 'clowns' for stuff like that and agreeing with that idiot above, who is looking for guys to have their ST revoked is really poor imo. People make massive sacrifices to follow the team. If they need to leave early it doesn't have anything to do with me. This sanctimonious 'I'm a better Rangers fan than you' that we see on here so often now, really is tiresome.

Not bothered if you think it’s out of order but I’m not going to change my opinion on it and I stand by it. I know the players think WTF when they see it happening, especially ones new to the club. It’s ridiculous the scale it happens and even more so yesterday. Over 500 days since a league game at our ground, the players are champions and folk want to walk out the ground with 10-15 mins to go. They should have been applauded off the park with the same crowd that applauded them on it.

The majority are doing it to beat traffic or get to the subway queue quickly or back to the pub before it gets busy. You are meant to back your team for the full game, not for however long it suits you.

The same thing doesn't happen anywhere near as obviously in England in my experience.

My theory is the fact that a lot of folk will have a few beers before the game but in Scotland can't get that "top up" at half time, which leaves them more likely to leave before the end as the effect of the beer wears off and they want more. That half time top up seems to suffice most down south for sure.
Agreed.

Early leaving barely happens in England.

Certainly nowhere near on the same scale as at Ibrox.

Not bothered if you think it’s out of order but I’m not going to change my opinion on it and I stand by it. I know the players think WTF when they see it happening, especially ones new to the club. It’s ridiculous the scale it happens and even more so yesterday. Over 500 days since a league game at our ground, the players are champions and folk want to walk out the ground with 10-15 mins to go. They should have been applauded off the park with the same crowd that applauded them on it.

The majority are doing it to beat traffic or get to the subway queue quickly or back to the pub before it gets busy. You are meant to back your team for the full game, not for however long it suits you.

Your opinion is your own and I don't necessarily disagree with all of it but, as said calling fellow fans 'clowns' is over the score imo. There will be guys (like myself) who had little choice yesterday and it was a one off.

I assume you let these fellow Bears know they were 'clowns' as they were walking out yesterday? If not, why not out of interest?

In the clubs commercial drive surely (although money has already been paid) its is commercially worthwhile for them to consider why a percentage of their customers wish to leave early.

In any other medium leaving early in large numbers is a sign of discontent.

There is a clear indicator that a percentage of our fans despite paying big sums would rather be somewhere else, or can't cope with sitting for 90 mins.

Poor atmosphere, lack of drink, poor transport options or whatever it is, the club meed to think about tracking early leavers numbers and understanding why it is happening.

Commercially it isn't a great look.

Maybe H and H could question the club and see if it is an issue that impacts the players.

I can't imagine it would be a great feeling as a player to look up and see droves of people leaving when you have been trying like %^*& all game to appease them.

Raging he calls fans clowns whilst you then call me an idiot :D

You don’t do irony do you?

Back