The Subway Loyal

Raging he calls fans clowns whilst you then call me an idiot :D

You don’t do irony do you?

Ha not raging at all. People are being labeled 'clowns' as a sweeping generalisation there. I just thought it was bit out of order is all. There could be any number of reasons why people need to nick off early.

You, on the other hand were very specific. Looking for fans to have their ST'S taken off them for leaving early? Yes, that makes you an idiot imo.

Ha not raging at all. People are being labeled 'clowns' as a sweeping generalisation there. I just thought it was bit out of order is all. There could be any number of reasons why people need to nick off early.

You, on the other hand were very specific. Looking for fans to have their ST'S taken off them for leaving early? Yes, that makes you an idiot imo.
Not really. I understand some fans have genuine reasons to leave early other than beating the traffic / going for a pint

If there were repeat offenders then yeah, I was being serious in that the club should consider allocating their season ticket to the waiting list who’d actually appreciate being at games for 90 minutes

Don’t think I’m bang out of order at all

Thousands were desperate to be there today but missed out on a ballot to plenty who left well before time up.

It’s embarrassing. Also no doubt those that leave will be first to shout how we’re the best supporters there is etc yet can’t be bothered to stay for the full game

Some, a minority I may add, will have valid reasons for leaving early but the vast vast majority really can’t be that desperate to get home 20 minutes earlier than if they stayed until FT.

Huge demand for ST’s now. Club should look at what Dortmund done with fans that didn’t show up for x amount of games. Revoked the ST and gave it to those desperate and on the waiting list.
You keep rattling on about Dortmund they took ST for not turning up not for leaving early so is hardly the same, I do agree it is frustrating to see fans leave early this is not something new been happening since early 80`s, l left a supporters bus because they wanted me to leave on 85 minutes to get to pub early and we where only going to east end of Glasgow.

I'd love Gerrard to come out and say something along the lines of:

"We would really love the fans in all parts of the stadium to back the team and give them energy from the stands. The game last 90+ minutes and we all want as many fans as possible to stay in the stadium until the final whistle."

Coming from playing at Anfield where barely anyone leaves early, to the home support at Ibrox who leave in their thousands well before the final whistle has been a culture shock for our manager.

P

Show me a ground that more people leave ridiculously early than Ibrox on a consistent basis? Think you will struggle to find one. Big difference from leaving in injury time compared to 45/65/70 minutes. Wonder how the players feel looking around them when the ground has half emptied ridiculously early.

It is insane that the stadium empties so early, as you say it happens nowhere else, it is not normal.

It has always happened, nothing new. It is just that more games are on tv and social media that it’s more noticeable.

Don’t understand it never left a Rangers game before final whistle. Couldn’t believe it on Saturday first time in the Stadium in Year and a half and leaving. Was great we scored the late goals.

No bother buddy. Ma 4 year old son does not have the same legs as most folks. I leave early just to get him out safely and enough time to walk to shop etc.

Sorry to read about your boys problems mate, I've no doubt the OP meant those that every game bugger off to the pub or leave to get home 20 mins early rather than situations like your own.

But, and this isnt intended as a confrontational message in any way, have you never considered instead of leaving early to stay to the end and wait until the stadium clears, it doesnt take long, to make it easier for the wee man to leave at his own pace. Then he also gets to see more goals, experience the actual moment of victory at full time and gets to applaud the players off and in turn, see them and the manager applaud back at him for his support? That feeling of joy would surely be worth the extra 10/20 mins.

Haven’t been at Ibrox in near 18 months, yet folk left at HT for the pub and then mass exodus from 75 minutes onwards

Think it’s time the club made fans swipe out using their ST.

If you leave early, deducted MyGers points or something. If you do it consistently then do what Dortmund done, revoke the season ticket and give it to folk on the waiting list.

Such a riddy.

Totally agree. Was looking on in amazement at folk leaving.

Not bothered if you think it’s out of order but I’m not going to change my opinion on it and I stand by it. I know the players think WTF when they see it happening, especially ones new to the club. It’s ridiculous the scale it happens and even more so yesterday. Over 500 days since a league game at our ground, the players are champions and folk want to walk out the ground with 10-15 mins to go. They should have been applauded off the park with the same crowd that applauded them on it.

The majority are doing it to beat traffic or get to the subway queue quickly or back to the pub before it gets busy. You are meant to back your team for the full game, not for however long it suits you.
Fortunately or unfortunately (no-one wins when court is involved), I have a child court order, and my daughter comes to me 3 days a week. That almost always falls on a Saturday. I leave about 87/88 to ensure I get back on time to pick her up. Sometimes I try stretch that to 90 dependant on where ive parked. That few mins at the end, gets me the best of both worlds. I don't drink so it's never been about the pub. That part I just do not understand. Like I said previously, some leave, some don't. Some of those fans have a good reason to, others not so much. But leaving at half time is a fucking joke.

I'm a final whistle man myself. Never in such a rush. I like to applaud the team at the end.

Albeit at Real Valladolid im home in 20 min on the vespa.

Always pleases me when they miss a goal or 2 like today.

Yeah, the guy behind me sat with his missus and moaned the entire game. There wasn't a word out of her mouth, she must have been sick of him too.

"This is pish Rangers" "FFS get it in the box" etc.

They left on 85 minutes.

He was absolute ear ache and I'm delighted he missed the last goal.

A member on our bus went to the pub at half time. Just felt it was a waste of a ticket

There are plenty STH couldn't attend on Saturday through missing out on ballot yet guys like yer bus member fuuks off and cannae sit for 90 mins.

Someone earlier got it right, clock out and you miss getn balloted for other few games If they ain't happy gie them their dosh back minus game or games attended and sell ST on.

Sounds ruthless but fuukin off at hafftime for a drink ain't supporting.

Sad indictment of our society
over-dramatic-crying-gif.gif

Not really. I understand some fans have genuine reasons to leave early other than beating the traffic / going for a pint

If there were repeat offenders then yeah, I was being serious in that the club should consider allocating their season ticket to the waiting list who’d actually appreciate being at games for 90 minutes
How will you know that the person buying the seized ticket won't be an early leaver?

I just don't understand why anyone would leave at half time to go to the pub. If you would prefer to be in the pub watching it then don't go in the first place.

People pay money for their ST’s, they can do as they wish.

Absolutely bizarre when someone thinks they can have a say on what others do

Don't think it's so much telling people what they can do rather than questioning why they do it in the first place.

The club own the tickets, I doubt your attitude would be the same if they club turned round and said they were revoking tickets from people who leave early. After all they can have a say on who does what in the ground.

As far as I see it, we're there to support the team and (unless there's reasons like child care etc) it makes no sense to leave early.

Folk are welcome to do what they want. We're also welcome to think less of them if they do.

Obviously not everyone who leaves early is the same but it seems that some people dont even enjoy being at the game.
Guy behind us sits, shouts abuse, complains and then leaves about 60 mins to go to the pub most games.

You've just said it yourself and exactly the reason it's a stupid idea. Impossible to 'Police' and completely unworkable. There is a lad posted further up the thread that he simply had to leave early in order to satisfy a court order due to access issues with his boy. I know you aren't directing this at him but, how exactly could you differentiate if you want 'repeat offenders' punished?

As said on another post, I don't completely disagree with your frustration on this and I apologise for being a bit rude last night but, these 'I'm a better Rangers fan than you' posts that we see time after time on here do stick in my craw a bit.

I'd love Gerrard to come out and say something along the lines of:

"We would really love the fans in all parts of the stadium to back the team and give them energy from the stands. The game last 90+ minutes and we all want as many fans as possible to stay in the stadium until the final whistle."

Coming from playing at Anfield where barely anyone leaves early, to the home support at Ibrox who leave in their thousands well before the final whistle has been a culture shock for our manager.
A culture shock :))

A culture shock :))
Yes - the football fan culture at Anfield where it is not the done thing to leave before the final whistle, compared to Ibrox where thousands feel it is more than acceptable.

I remember early on in Gerrard's time here when he mentioned he was taken aback by the amount of people who left early and had been asking questions about it.

It's piss poor form by many of our fans, for whom the majority have no genuine excuse for leaving early. Just not good 'supporters'. Maybe the players should down tool for the last 15 mins as well and see how we get on.

Yes - the football fan culture at Anfield where it is not the done thing to leave before the final whistle, compared to Ibrox where thousands feel it is more than acceptable.

I remember early on in Gerrard's time here when he mentioned he was taken aback by the amount of people who left early and had been asking questions about it.

It's piss poor form by many of our fans, for whom the majority have no genuine excuse for leaving early. Just not good 'supporters'. Maybe the players should down tool for the last 15 mins as well and see how we get on.
You truly are the resident drama queen, Moody.

Don't think it's so much telling people what they can do rather than questioning why they do it in the first place.

The club own the tickets, I doubt your attitude would be the same if they club turned round and said they were revoking tickets from people who leave early. After all they can have a say on who does what in the ground.

As far as I see it, we're there to support the team and (unless there's reasons like child care etc) it makes no sense to leave early.

Folk are welcome to do what they want. We're also welcome to think less of them if they do.
Literally none of your business what people choose to do and it’s been happening for years so clearly the club don’t care

Literally none of your business what people choose to do and it’s been happening for years so clearly the club don’t care

The club should care though. It's cannot do the team any favours to have people streaming out from 75 minutes. That it's happened for years has no bearing on whether it's right or not.

It also is everyone's business when the support is being looked as a collective. I've already said that there's obviously reasons various people have to go early from week to week whether it's work or child care etc.

I'd be stunned if the majority aren't just trying to get to the pub early or beat the traffic which for me aren't valid reasons for chucking the support of your team for 10 minutes. Each to their own though...they're welcome to leave...we're all welcome to think less of them for it when it's just to get to the pub.

The only time I have ever left early was the Real Madrid game as the train situation that day (subway and Scotrail was abysmal)

People pay money for their ST’s, they can do as they wish.

Absolutely bizarre when someone thinks they can have a say on what others do
Under normal circumstances I would agree, however with reduced capacity and some not getting a ticket, it just feels like maybe a different behaviour would be nice.

Some people come out with these sob stories about why they have to leave early, but with the sheer number of people leaving the vast majority are not leaving because of sob stories, it has been going on for years and it is a phenomenon you do not see at other big clubs.

Will admit to doing it once under Murty, was under dressed for the weather, was unwell and we were utter shite.

Think it was where we got beat by Killie, would never normally leave in case I missed a goal but that day was the exception.

Lot of people see Rangers as an additional excuse to get tanked up and feel a part of something.

You tend to see these people already in the boozer when you get there after a match.

That said, they pay their money and it’s their choice what they do but people do have genuine reasons for leaving early.

Not sure I support the idea of taking tickets off folk, but it does sadden me when we score a goal and there’s large sections of us missing.

Then again, Ibrox can be like a depressing library on occasion even when full - that’s a conversation for another time though.

Last edited:
It probably has always happened, but maybe with the ground being all seated now it shows up more.

I would prioritise getting a decent atmosphere in the ground first. Like giving a whole front section to the likes of the union bears, a system with safe standing where you can be among your mates, rather than going your separate ways when getting to the ground. A couple of hundred in the corner is no use.

When we had the old Ibrox, the atmosphere was better, but it wasnt like the whole ground was joining in all the time, but there was always the copland rd or what is now the govan stand which had continual singing.

Give the whole front of the copland or the broomloan end over to safe standing and I'm sure there would be a big improvement with the atmosphere at Ibrox.

As for leaving early, unless you have a valid reason, then you should get an electric shock when going through the gates trying to make a run for it or maybe some guard towers outside to open fire on any defectors.

Steven Gerrard has told @RangersTV:

“I’m going to call on the Ibrox crowd, I’ve never done it before but we’re going to need them, we’re going to need them next week for a full 90 minutes in full voice”

Unless it's on a knife edge the Subway loyal and the lets beat the crowd to the pub lot will dessert the stadium with ten minutes to go.

Three youngsters in front of me, (Govan front)
Three half bottles of buckfast. :(
They would actually put (hide) under a red anorak when they would be taking a swig from the bottle.
Clowns disappeared half way through the second half, three empty half bottles discarded on the ground.
Hope they spewed away from the ground.

Instead of having a go at people for leaving early how about addressing the fact that transport links for Ibrox are horrific. People have maybe got a couple of hours drive home or have to go to work after the game.

After conceding the late goal at the weekend I saw some people commenting about the number of late goals we concede, perhaps it might be linked to fans leaving en-mass from the 75 minute, maybe it is having a negative impact on the players.

One way of reducing the problem might be to have it so if that people tap their smart card or scan their QR code again on their way out of the stadium they get an extra 50 MyGers points, obviously it would have to be only people who do it 5 minutes or so after the final whistle.

It would be rewarding people who stay to the final whistle for their loyalty, it would not be punishing people for leaving early.

After conceding the late goal at the weekend I saw some people commenting about the number of late goals we concede, perhaps it might be linked to fans leaving en-mass from the 75 minute, maybe it is having a negative impact on the players.

One way of reducing the problem might be to have it so if that people tap their smart card or scan their QR code again on their way out of the stadium they get an extra 50 MyGers points, obviously it would have to be only people who do it 5 minutes or so after the final whistle.

It would be rewarding people who stay to the final whistle for their loyalty, it would not be punishing people for leaving early.
Ill just get my dad to scan me out while im in the louden at halftime.

See how that plan would not work.

And we cant blame fans for us not scoring easy chances or conceeding daft goals.

Either that or we get the players to convert one of the several gilt-edged chances that we had in the first and second half of the match.

Back