The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

ronadamus_prime

If the fee was correct RE Kamberi, then I'd be delighted if we picked him up. Showed more in a few cameos than the likes of Stewart or Barker have done all season. People saying that we need to be bringing in players that are good enough to start and displace the others, that's fine but he showed that he was capable of changing the game. Not many of our players showed that sort of ability, starters or otherwise.
My biggest concern with regards to that is he did that while onloan at Hibs before signing for them permanently. He then proceeded to blow hot and cold at times. That's my only reservations about the guy.

Knightswoodbear

My biggest concern with regards to that is he did that while onloan at Hibs before signing for them permanently. He then proceeded to blow hot and cold at times. That's my only reservations about the guy.
I get what you're saying, I just think for the fee mooted it's a no brainier. He's also now in contention for the Albanian national team so should it come to it, we'd more than recoup the fee on a 24 year old full international.

BlueCofIbrox

I don’t think Kamberi is worth spending money on, especially when you factor in his wages. He showed in flashes he was a decent player, but is he any better than Murphy or Jones? Not for me, just continues to bloat the squad without significantly improving it.

Dick Donner

I don’t think Kamberi is worth spending money on, especially when you factor in his wages. He showed in flashes he was a decent player, but is he any better than Murphy or Jones? Not for me, just continues to bloat the squad without significantly improving it.
Waiting all this time to get a player we could've had ages ago would be a massive let down.

On top of that he's not good enough. No better than Jones or Murphy like you say. We are winning nothing again with squad fillers.

supersonic

Official Ticketer
Just said this mate its not uncommon for players to be over the the set bodyfat %. I just know he came back like he had been on an all inclusive holiday
Doesnt surprise me, guys like Katic are obviously dedicated to their body and are disciplined.

I see Morelos as not as disciplined, however I believe that once training etc he will be motivated and push on as he is outspoken about his career goals etc. It doesnt bode well though for when things dont go his way/he is being stroppy. Where as I can see Katic coming through rehab excellently.

PortoyMortoy

Really hope we’re not in for Kenny McLean.
Couldn't agree more. Poor form for Norwich when under the pressure of being in a relegation fight, his form for Aberdeen was quite poor until he got his Norwich move and i can't remember too many true standout performances by him against us or the tims. Just because he's playing for a premier league club doesn't make him good enough and i don't think he could handle the pressure of playing for us. He's not any better than what we currently have in his position so the transfer fee and wage would be far better spent elsewhere.

Albertz_Was_King

Coming up for 3 weeks before the big kick off, I think the starting line up will be essentially what we finished with for the Aberdeen game.

Can see it being quite the predictable stalemate with the same set of players playing against one another.

Hard to envisage that new season "freshness" from either side.

LLLG

Coming up for 3 weeks before the big kick off, I think the starting line up will be essentially what we finished with for the Aberdeen game.

Can see it being quite the predictable stalemate with the same set of players playing against one another.

Depends mate, I would hope we come back fresh and bouncing and up for it, and let’s see what nick the sheep are in

Bigbluebear

You would predict that though

Albertz_Was_King

Depends mate, I would hope we come back fresh and bouncing and up for it, and let’s see what nick the sheep are in
I think we will win, I just think it will feel like one of those games when you have played the team 7 times a season in the league/cup but I think that will be the case across the board.

Will be very hard for it all to feel like a new season without fans, new players and the big build up that usually comes with a summer of no football.

Uddy Gers

You would predict that though
We all get excited before each season thinking we’re going to do this and that and the inevitable happens every year.

I’ll need to see some quality signings to inspire me into thinking we have any chance this year. At present we don’t have the dig in the middle of the park or the attacking prowess to have a sniff at the league.

DaveL

Most leagues are still finishing their season so it's not your typical pre season as such where everyone is on a break and looking to srengthen.

CaptainObjective

We're not far away from the start of a massive season.. we need to get a move on here. Fans have done their bit to effectively watch us on RTV.

Super Ally Does It Again

My head is telling me this season will go the same way as last if we don’t get some quality in midfield and attack but my heart also hopes that with Helander back we will be solid like we were when he was fit and Kent and Hagi get a full pre season with us and Kent will fly this season remember he didn’t get a proper pre season and then picked up a hamstring injury that set him back.

Arfield will be well rested and Jack too but they can’t seem to get a full season fitness wise.

Aribo will be better too hopefully.

cav

My head is telling me this season will go the same way as last if we don’t get some quality in midfield and attack but my heart also hopes that with Helander back we will be solid like we were when he was fit and Kent and Hagi get a full pre season with us and Kent will fly this season remember he didn’t get a proper pre season and then picked up a hamstring injury that set him back.

Arfield will be well rested and Jack too but they can’t seem to get a full season fitness wise.

Aribo will be better too hopefully.
You’d hope the trio of Kent,Hagi and Aribo will run the sheep ragged.

Jack,Davis And Arfield hopefully fresh and rested.

Ironically it might be rustiness that’s the issue now.

Stupots

The equivalent of fans of teams interested in Morelos stumbling into this thread and reading some of the utter drivel written about him.

Kenny McLean is a good player that would enhance our team. Whether or not there is substance to the rumour is another thing entirely.
We should go for shinnie as well then we'll have the full Aberdeen midfield that shat it against Celtic every time they played them.

Richy1471

Got to remember the boy isn't a winger, he's a striker.
For £150k and probably£5,k a week, he's a great option.

prenzlauerbear

We signed about five players in a similar timeframe two summers ago — Barisic, Grezda, Worrall, Lafferty, McAuley.

Just over three weeks is plenty of time to get new faces in. As always, we'll probably do more business in August when teams in the bigger leagues start to make moves and the window opens up a bit.

JMCK

I think we will win, I just think it will feel like one of those games when you have played the team 7 times a season in the league/cup but I think that will be the case across the board.

Will be very hard for it all to feel like a new season without fans, new players and the big build up that usually comes with a summer of no football.
Again, you are stating this without any substance; this is your opinion but without any knowledge coming from Rangers. You know what we're doing in the transfer market, without any knowledge to base it on; you even know the attitude of the players going into the first game of a new campaign without having any apparent basis for it.

JD1872

Notice Rennes have just spent £16m on a striker, would imagine that would end any interest they had in Morelos