The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Dotty_84

Starting to get a wee bit worried that we're a few weeks from taking on the sheep and the squad is no different to last season.

It must be difficult getting players in but was really hoping for a few signings I think we really need them
I wouldn't be too worried mate, our team currently is stronger than this point last season and that got us to Europa group stages and close at the top.

Club has a list of their targets and many are still playing and wait and see what situations arise once they've finished.

Recoba

Official Ticketer
I wouldn't be too worried mate, our team currently is stronger than this point last season and that got us to Europa group stages and close at the top.

Club has a list of their targets and many are still playing and wait and see what situations arise once they've finished.
Yea our team should be more than capable of getting off to a great start with our current squad.

Sam Minella

Kamara had a very good season up until the winter break and didn't play in the defeats at Kilmarnock and Hearts, so others were way more culpable.

He dominates against the tarriers as well as top European opposition and also got a MOTM for Finland v Italy.

I like McCrorie, but he's not in the same league as Kamara.
That's a fair comment but Kamara played in the league at Tynecastle at the turn of the year and he fucked about outside the box instead of passing it and it led to their equaliser - needless mistake and Hearts didn't look like scoring up until that point and even got lucky with that one as Goldson slipped as he was marking Naismith.

If we only had Kamara and Jack or Kamara and Davis then I don't think any one would want to see him leave however he is one of a few sellable assets we have that I think we could get decent money for.

Forza_Napoli

That's a fair comment but Kamara played in the league at Tynecastle at the turn of the year and he fucked about outside the box instead of passing it and it led to their equaliser - needless mistake and Hearts didn't look like scoring up until that point and even got lucky with that one as Goldson slipped as he was marking Naismith.

If we only had Kamara and Jack or Kamara and Davis then I don't think any one would want to see him leave however he is one of a few sellable assets we have that I think we could get decent money for.
I tend to think we play Kamara to deep at times imo I dont think he shouldn't be coming deep for the ball as he will have a slack pass now and again. If it's a midfield 3 of him Davis and Jack I think Kamara should be the farthest forward of the 3. He's got all the skill to play a bit more advanced and is also a good passer of the ball.

Reactions: cav

MearnsUnionist

Tynecastle (both games) after New Year were littered with individual blunders mate.

The 2 you've mentioned, plus McGregor, Tav, Edmundson and Barisic all had howlers that led to goals.

In fact, with the possible exception of Arfield, nobody covered themselves in glory after the winter break.

Sam Minella

I tend to think we play Kamara to deep at times imo I dont think he shouldn't be coming deep for the ball as he will have a slack pass now and again. If it's a midfield 3 of him Davis and Jack I think Kamara should be the farthest forward of the 3. He's got all the skill to play a bit more advanced and is also a good passer of the ball.
I disagree, only on the basis that out the three of them I think it's only really Jack that could have a better influence further up the park.

Kamara had 1 goal and 1 assist from 40 games last year.

There are only a handful of games I would play all three to be fair and I think an attack minded box to box dynamic midfielder is required - definitely.

Not slating Kamara at all, I just think that we either need all three to play together for a certain type of game and the majority of the other games only one should play if that makes sense?

MearnsUnionist

I disagree, only on the basis that out the three of them I think it's only really Jack that could have a better influence further up the park.

There are only a handful of games I would play all three to be fair and I think an attack minded box to box dynamic midfielder is required - definitely.

Not slating Kamara at all, I just think that we either need all three to play together for a certain type of game and the majority of the other games only one should play if that makes sense?

Celtic being one of them I take it mate.

We have dominated them in that area in every game, bar 2, since Gerrard returned.

If we could only take our chances.

prenzlauerbear

Truly horrendous and unacceptable for a Rangers midfielder. Irrespective of how he's deployed.

He will find himself out on his arse if he doesn't improve on those stats, regardless of his performances in Old Firm games.

Sam Minella

Celtic being one of them I take it mate.

We have dominated them in that area in every game, bar 2, since Gerrard returned.

If we could only take our chances.
Aye mate - definitely recognise there are games where that trio work wonders and we have seen it first hand and on a regular basis.

We need other types of midfielder in there now which is crazy given we have 6 midfielders already at the club if you include Aribo.

Sam Minella

Truly horrendous and unacceptable for a Rangers midfielder. Irrespective of how he's deployed.

He will find himself out on his arse if he doesn't improve on those stats, regardless of his performances in Old Firm games.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think scoring, setting up etc is part of his game by any means.

But if you play with 3 midfielders then you can't have two of them (in this instance Davis and Kamara) producing such low numbers - that's probably a wider conversation to be had there as the other two that play behind the striker also have low numbers for where they play.

KopGer

Someone I know well was doing something with Windass Snr yesterday and he was adamant that the club have contacted Junior about him coming back to Rangers - but you have to take into account that Senior would say anything to keep him relevant.

Before anyone gets too excited, Junior wants to go to Sheff Wed permanently because they'll make him one of the highest earners at the club - and that's all that matters to him.

Teddyjohn

Someone I know well was doing something with Windass Snr yesterday and he was adamant that the club have contacted Junior about him coming back to Rangers - but you have to take into account that Senior would say anything to keep him relevant.

Before anyone gets too excited, Junior wants to go to Sheff Wed permanently because they'll make him one of the highest earners at the club - and that's all that matters to him.
Sent chills down my spine reading that.

Craig McColl

That father and son combo make the Ferguson brothers look like MENSA members.

Drumchapel-Bear

The boy is a tadger, but we're talking about having a better squad. Windass had plenty of flaws but he produced 26 G/A in 40 games in poor squads under poor managers.

I'd much rather have Windass as an option than Jones, Barker, Stewart, Kamberi, etc...
Agreed. For a few hundred k he would be a cracking squad option.

He was our top player along with Morelos the season he left. He must look at how Beale has improved several of our players significantly since then and wonder how Beale could have developed his game if he just stuck around.

His Dad is a horrific influence on him imo. He's a thick as pig sh*t.

Reactions: KL2

KopGer

The boy is a tadger, but we're talking about having a better squad. Windass had plenty of flaws but he produced 26 G/A in 40 games in poor squads under poor managers.

I'd much rather have Windass as an option than Jones, Barker, Stewart, Kamberi, etc...
Fortunately, it doesn't have to either, or.

We can go and get better than all of those.

Rooster

But we haven't.

We've got those players on the bench most weeks, they offer nothing. Windass contributed goals.
Only if you build the whole team around him, to work best for him. He was never good enough to have that luxury. Frequently went hiding when games got tough.

KL2

Only if you build the whole team around him, to work best for him. He was never good enough to have that luxury. Frequently went hiding when games got tough.
Mate, the team were diabolical. It's not going missing when the team just aren't good.

He played on the left, he played AM, he played a few times up front... Whatever position, he was contributing goals for a terrible team.

Gerrard wanted him to stay, there is a reason for that.

Wade Wilson

Roofe quotes in the rebel:

He said: "I will stay at Anderlecht until someone tells me otherwise.

"I don't know whether Rangers made an offer for me. I'm happy here and my head is 100 per cent with Anderlecht

As for me being in Glasgow, I don't think I've ever set foot in Scotland in my life.

"I learned a lot from the Belgian league last season and I was surprised by the technical level. This season, I will get a full pre-season. I only rated myself at seven out of ten last season.

You didn't see the best of me because I was not at my very best physically and I still had to get used to the competition. Once I reach my maximum, I will show what I can do.

"I know that 100 per cent I am one of the best players in the Pro League.

"My goal remains that one day I would like to play in the Premier League, play in Europe and, if possible, in the Champions League.

"I also have ambitions to play for a national team and I can play for England or Jamaica. That depends on my level. I am not closing the door on Jamaica because I am aware that it represents perhaps the best opportunity for me to play in a World Cup."

Arkanoid

Important to see what his second assists are, he must have a number of second passes that have allowed Tav/Barasic to assist goals. His recovery of the ball and pass completion must also be pretty good.
If the coaches were just analysing direct assists then he'd already have been humped out

Starting Anew

But we haven't.

We've got those players on the bench most weeks, they offer nothing. Windass contributed goals.
he’s a known quality who can score goals at SPL level but we also know that he’s an arsehole who somehow does less than nothing defensively. I wouldn’t be averse to him coming back very cheaply as a huge upgrade on the bench to Jones or Barker. But I doubt he’d be interested at the sort of prices I’d be thinking of in terms of wages. Couldn’t be on more than Jones or Barker are on now.

However I won’t be calling for his return over other options. Kerk or the Summerville bloke above or Skov Olsen would all interest me much more and (probably) add much more to our first team. Windass would only be considered as a last minute buy if we can’t get anyone better.

Drumchapel-Bear

I like Windass as a player - he's alright - but his mentality is miles off it. The way he talks on Open Goal lends the impression that he isn't very driven.
He's actually meant to be really professional in terms of his fitness levels and the way he lives on and off the park, never out the gym doing extra etc.

I haven't watched his Si Ferry Interview but I think he's just as thick as pig sh*t and a bit of a daft young boy really. A bit like Lafferty.

Drumchapel-Bear

But we haven't.

Too many people let their feelings of him as a person cloud their judgement to what he can bring on the park. Anybody who thinks he's not a big improvement on the likes of Barker, Stewart, Ojo etc is too far gone to even debate with. Like trying to talk economic with an SNP Voter.

Rio Loyal

Too many people let their feelings of him as a person cloud their judgement to what he can bring on the park. Anybody who thinks he's not a big improvement on the likes of Barker, Stewart, Ojo etc is too far gone to even debate with. Like trying to talk economic with an SNP Voter.
He did nothing up until his contract was running out then scored a decent amount of goals .

Rest of the time he was a complete waste if a Jersey, That’s leaving aside he’s an Idiot and his rent a gub Dad is even worse.

He’s really torn It up in England hasn’t he ??

We need much better to progress.

Portadown_Bear

I genuinely don't know why Stewart gets lumped in with the likes of Barker and Ojo.

Stewart has looked decent for us whenever he has played.