The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

NDC bear forever

Spoke to a friend who plays for Hamilton. He said it was easy to play against Rangers last week. Lots of passing but no direction, no one controlling the game. He said that was same last season. We have two players that can control the game - Davis and Jack. I don't think Davis can last a season and Jacks knees worry me - can he last. When two of them played well we won. When they didn't we struggled. we need someone that can play a season in midfield and control the middle of the park. celtic have McGregor and Brown. This is why we went off rails last year. IMO the defence was exposed and forwards struggled as we were not controlling middle of park as David lost form and Jack wasn't fit. We must find someone that can play with Jack week in week out, with Davis as cover.
Assume he is talking about the second half of the season as I’ve spoke to a couple Hamilton and Livingston players who said first half of the season we were the best team in the league and extremely hard to play against

Mview83

Official Ticketer
Tend to agree. Different horses for different courses obviously.

70% of domestic games we need more dynamism and creativity to unlock stubborn defences. If we're playing a 3 I'd play Jack and Hagi with Aribo or Davis in the middle.

European games where where it's more about retention and keeping the ball of course bring in Kamara.

And there's extra physical games at like Tynecastle and Pittdrie where Kamara has struggled and we need a destroyer of our own. McCrorie's done this role well in the past whether he can again remains to be seen.
Kamara didn’t play at Pittodrie and the whole team was awful at Tynecastle. He also excelled in the cup final, at Parkhead and Easter Road pre Xmas which are all more physical so not following the logic here.

Kamara struggles more in games v the bottom six due to his lack of creativity in the role when we have all of the ball.

SC81

He was one of our best players until Christmas then looked burnt out.

Hopefully we can bring in another option and manage his playing time better so he performs when he does play
I thought he was class v Porto at Ibrox.

Reactions: Jeb

Zizou

He was outstanding up until the Xmas break. Arguably our best midfielder.

FF was heartbroken when he was ruled out of the League Cup Final due to injury, he then returned for the Parkhead league win after that and strolled the game. Not many places can re-write history like FF though :D
Don’t care he was atrocious after Xmas,he has to be a sub next season or we won’t win f*ck all

JMCK

you didn’t say he would be worth keeping for games against Kilmarnock and the hammer throwers of the league etc?
In any comment I have put the possibility that McCrorie may or may not be good enough; I simply do not know the effect his loan period has had on his game. He may well be worth keeping, but he may not.

Dick Donner

Thanks mate. Is this the guy who’s meant to be really fast?
Yeah I think so. Some folk are saying he's one of the quickest in Europe or the quickest in Poland at least where he was playing recently.

Someone posted that Alan Hutton said he would be a terrific signing for us.

gwrfc72

Heres a transfer rumour for the thread although I don’t know if it got mentioned yesterday. Grady Diangana the right wing from West Ham who’s been on fire at loan at West Brom. Most likely paper talk nonsense but this is the calibre we should be looking for to play at right wing. IMO he would cost too much and a loan is the only viable option. Contracted till 2025. Maybe a loan to buy like the Hagi deal

MearnsUnionist

Spoke to a friend who plays for Hamilton. He said it was easy to play against Rangers last week. Lots of passing but no direction, no one controlling the game. He said that was same last season. We have two players that can control the game - Davis and Jack. I don't think Davis can last a season and Jacks knees worry me - can he last. When two of them played well we won. When they didn't we struggled. we need someone that can play a season in midfield and control the middle of the park. celtic have McGregor and Brown. This is why we went off rails last year. IMO the defence was exposed and forwards struggled as we were not controlling middle of park as David lost form and Jack wasn't fit. We must find someone that can play with Jack week in week out, with Davis as cover.

We scudded them at Hamilton in the cup when Kamara got MOTM.

Celtic struggled to beat Hamilton when the Accies had 10 men for the majority of the game.

They also needed a 93rd minute winner at the piggery to beat them too.

Graemelins

Official Ticketer
Maybe I have been a bit harsh on Davis when it should be directed more at the whole of the midfield.

4 goals and 3 assists from our midfield three last season. That’s Jack, Kamara and Davis who played the majority of the season together in midfield. I’ll also point out that Kamara didn’t provide one goal or assist either.

In the deep role, would you stick with Davis, Kamara or Jack? Only one is required if we’re being honest.
I’d swap between Davis and Jack- neither has the legs to last a full season.
I’d sell Kamara.

Reactions: cav

Zizou

Was anyone not atrocious domestically after Christmas? Very few anyway.
Davis wasn’t even doing the simple things right,lost count of the amount of times he chopped it forward and went out of play.
If davis is a starter this season we won’t win the league I’m afraid

cav

I’d swap between Davis and Jack- neither has the legs to last a full season.
I’d sell Kamara.
Jack And Davis when fit have been excellent for us,the problem has been they’ve played too many games when carrying knocks that have taken their toll in time.
Signing more of a tackler for the DM position who can still play a bit would mean we can rotate those two more and makes perfect sense to me.Should protect the two CH’s better also.

Kamara is a good player but I think he’s possibly wasted playing more defensively for us,if we get offered decent money we should
be able to absorb his loss better than others I’d suggest.

If Jack and Davis end up playing too many games this season and burning out I think the more intelligent fans in the support will be asking some very difficult questions of the coaching staff.
It’s their job to manage the players properly after all.

Enclosure-Loyal

If we start the season playing 2-3-1 then the two for me is Jack and McCrorie.

Legs, fight and drive in there.

Davis and Arfield to an extent look done to me.

I really feel this an area that needs strengthening or we will lose midfield battles.

RangersEasyOK

I really feel this an area that needs strengthening or we will lose midfield battles.
When do we ever lose midfield battles ? Our issue is opening up teams who sit deep

JoshGer

Why don't people get this? McCrorie is done at Rangers. He cant get a game at centre mid for a team in League one so why would he be good enough for us? Watch the most recent training video and you can see Aribo skinning him in and setting up a goal for Defoe

RangersEasyOK

Quite a lot tbh. When teams playback to the wall against us our midfield are nullified and play side to side.

It’s Gerrards biggest fault as a manager, he sees 4-3-3 and nothing else and needs to be willing to move the formation when needed.
That’s not losing a battle though is it? That’s lack of creativity. McCrorie can’t pass a ball he’ll rightly be nowhere near our midfield

WalterLoyal

Why don't people get this? McCrorie is done at Rangers. He cant get a game at centre mid for a team in League one so why would he be good enough for us? Watch the most recent training video and you can see Aribo skinning him in and setting up a goal for Defoe
The majority of his starts for Pompie were at right back which was his natural position growing up.