The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

strider

Derby County fans generally seem to like Martin. He's been decent for them overall. Really struggled at international level.

Not someone I'd want to see at Rangers, but some of the comments are harsh! :-D

Rio Loyal

Im going to suggest itll be Roofe and Vydra that come in, in place of Morelos, we targeted Roofe last year, we clearly haven’t deviated from that move, Vydra we clearly had a considerable interest in January, that was expected to be a loan with option to buy, again, I can’t see us deviating from that plan. We clearly are waiting for our targets and if both of them were of high interest before, then they both still will be. I would expect Roofe, Vydra, Zungu and either a RW or Number10(either of the one, dependent on how Hagi copes on the right of a 3)
I would hope an out and out Striker and Roofe Vydra is more of a second striker as is Roofe .

MacGyver

I would hope an out and out Striker and Roofe Vydra is more of a second striker as is Roofe .
I think that’s what we need to be honest. A McCoist, Boyd type player who just lives for scoring goals. The quality we have around the box with Tav, Barisic, Hagi, Kent, Aribo - they can all whip the ball in or find feet in the box, we just need a ruthless finisher who will terrify defenders. In my opinion. :)

Nathan9719972

I feel the emphases is to take the burden off of whoever is uptop, this for example is what Liverpool have done, created a team where every player in the attacking half is capable of contributing a vast amount of goals, I would go as far to say out expectation that a striker is who is expected to provide the goals has been our downfall, more goals from the forward line as a whole, probably explained that poorly tho

MSF

I feel the emphases is to take the burden off of whoever is uptop, this for example is what Liverpool have done, created a team where every player in the attacking half is capable of contributing a vast amount of goals, I would go as far to say out expectation that a striker is who is expected to provide the goals has been our downfall, more goals from the forward line as a whole, probably explained that poorly tho
Nah you’re spot on.

Over reliance on Morelos killed us. Good to have an out and out number 9 if needed, but I genuinely thinking having someone like Roofe up to for us could be a game changer for our forward play.

Rio Loyal

For me both players are very similar and we need a second option who’s a penalty box player and can hold the ball up .

Can play all the lovely football in the world but if you don’t have someone who consistently hits the back of the net then we will struggle.

Rio Loyal

Nah you’re spot on.

Over reliance on Morelos killed us. Good to have an out and out number 9 if needed, but I genuinely thinking having someone like Roofe up to for us could be a game changer for our forward play.
Roofe would be a good signing but we need a second option as well of a different style .

Grigo Yossarian

Understand your point, but having that out ball, for when Hagi & Kent are deeper helping out defence, would be really helped up here by having a guy with strength to hold the ball up to
allow others to get forward.

Hearts away was a good illustration of what happens when you don't have that, as was the scum
at home in the 2.0 game.

In my opinion.

Nathan9719972

Understand your point, but having that out ball, for when Hagi & Kent are deeper helping out defence, would be really helped up here by having a guy with strength to hold the ball up to
allow others to get forward.

Hearts away was a good illustration of what happens when you don't have that, as was the scum
at home in the 2.0 game.

In my opinion.
Completely see where your coming from, what I will say tho is that Ojo who I believe was uptop that game is a completely different player to Roofe, Roofe will provide and score goals

Rick_Sanchez

Kent and Hagi need to chip in Double figures this season as well but we need a goal scorer not loads of silky players and no one to finish it off .
Hagi will get double figures tomorrow mate. Seriously though, I’m confident Hagi will comfortably score 15 goals this season.

Kent I’m less convinced about. He’ll contribute a good few but needs to improve his numbers. If he does and we get a clinical striker we’ll be flying.

Rio Loyal

Hagi will get double figures tomorrow mate. Seriously though, I’m confident Hagi will comfortably score 15 goals this season.

Kent I’m less convinced about. He’ll contribute a good few but needs to improve his numbers. If he does and we get a clinical striker we’ll be flying.
I agree on Hagi for sure ,

I think Kent will be one of our standouts consistently this season as he’s one of the players in our team with the big game mentality but he hasn’t shown it enough.

Grigo Yossarian

And failure isn't punished enough by the management team. I like Tav as a player but no way should he still be captain after two post close season collapses, failure needs to have consequences.
I like Tav Alex, and the last thing we need is another slag Tav thread, but that first goal he cost us
in YB Berne last year, he did pretty much a carbon copy of it against Nice.

I know it was a friendly, but we really need to show an aptitude to learning from our mistakes
& that was a big one in Berne. James needs to remember what parts of the pitch you take risks &
what parts you don't.

Commentator

Do we have a clearly defined role for Kent , if we do can someone explain it? I fear we're asking too much from him, he was all over the pitch in that last game. I get the interchange thing and I get it's a WIP but it can look like fannying about for the sake of it.

ricksen24

Some folk think we still play in the championship
I watched the Play Off game last night with Cardiff & Fulham we would absolutely scud them both. Just because a player has done a turn for Derby County means nothing to us you really need to be signing players that are exceptional for these Championship sides.

They took the guy Tomlin if the bench he was about 2 stone over weight and they speak about him down there as if hes a difference maker!

JMCK

Do we have a clearly defined role for Kent , if we do can someone explain it? I fear we're asking too much from him, he was all over the pitch in that last game. I get the interchange thing and I get it's a WIP but it can look like fannying about for the sake of it.
I sensed a Kent/Barasic understanding developing in tge past few games; the problem with that is that it doesn't become too predictable. Kent on the left us a must in my opinion, with someone more naturally right coming in for the other side.

Last edited:

JD1872

Nsame of Young Boys being linked now £4m euros

Not sure how reliable the source is..
That‘s an interesting one, 36 in 42 games this season which is incredible

From the clips he looks like a very good penalty box striker but very hard to tell what the rest of his game is like and how he would fit our system. Can he hold the ball and link the play? Is he quick?