The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Uddy Gers

Not a chance we’re in for Main FFS!!
You’d be surprised mate. He’d be coming in as third choice.

If Morelos goes we bring in two quality strikers to compete. We’d still need backup to them - Defoe isn’t getting any younger so we’re looking at an alternative option for up top.

Beanyrfc79

My cousin was really pally with Main when he was at Motherwell.

Here’s the long and short of it from what I’ve heard.

Rangers want Main in as 3rd choice. However Main wants a lot more than what Rangers are offering him at the moment.

But Rangers aren’t budging and want a straight yes or no answer so they can move onto their next target.
Too far

Amo6591

I'm usually optimistic about signings and tend to trust our management but if we sign Curtis main I'm seriously going to be raging. Absolutely nowhere near Rangers standard, even as a third choice striker. F it Id might as well as be turning up at auchenhowie on Monday for a trial if that's the standard!

Fatbearblue

Administrator
Staff member
I'm usually optimistic about signings and tend to trust our management but if we sign Curtis main I'm seriously going to be raging. Absolutely nowhere near Rangers standard, even as a third choice striker. F it Id might as well as be turning up at auchenhowie on Monday for a trial if that's the standard!
How raging will you be? a big bit raging or a wee bit raging?

Dave_1872_9

He can’t get ahead of the big lump cosgrove when both are fit, and we’re suppose to believe he’s signing to get into our team... this surely is a load of made up nonsense..... well I hope it is.

Trueblueal

If we sign Curtis main then I’ll be a Dutchman .

Zero chance , it’s got to be a wind up .

He’s never managed double figures in a season as a striker and he’s 28 .
You have to look past the numbers mate. He's as good at holding the ball up and playing a layoff as Morelos. Sure he won't score as many but having Main would guarantee Kent and Hagi get 15-20 each off the back of Mains hard work.