The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

dudzo

Official Ticketer
I used to wait until around 23;00 before hitting the hay to see what the papers were reporting on signings, clearly thats a waste of time as they know absolutley nothing!

Forza_Napoli

Who?

Does anyone have suggestions for these Barry Ferguson type players that are being suggested - honestly? I've not seen one within our range, or heard a shout for one.
That's up to Wilson Gerrard and the recruitment team to decide. But for say 4/5 million I'm sure they can find someone that will improve our midfield out all the names linked my favourite was Patrik Hrosovsky he's been a captain and won titles with Victoria Plzen and has played in the champions league group stages. I'm not expecting the second coming for Ferguson but just better than what we currently have will do

LLLG

Can’t wait to see the St Mirren players faces when they see this coming at them:

Jack Aribo

Hagi

Roofe Itten Kent
Only issue is I think we will struggle to get the cohesion from middle to front with that lineup.

or maybe not actually it would be interesting to test it out but we don’t have that option, I would also say that having better players around Davis will make his job easier but replacing where u have Aribo should be a priority

ZvP

Can’t wait to see the St Mirren players faces when they see this coming at them:

Jack Aribo

Hagi

Roofe Itten Kent
Roofe won't start on Sunday, may not even play. He hasn't played football in 2020 and we're not going to rush him in risking further injury.

Itten on the other hand, he scored 7 goals in July and could come right in like Balogun.

JimForrest

It shows how the club have things sewn up when despite us all knowing having signed two strikers today Alfie must be off, and yet we haven’t a clue who to or when or for how much . Let’s hope its close to £20 million plus add ons and to a team that will appreciate his style as we do.

Grigo Yossarian

Here’s hoping we’ll bring in a right winger, box to box midfielder and and another attacking player

Still think we could do with a versatile full back that can play RB+LB just incase as an injury to Tav or Borna and things look bleak.

Hopefully once EPL starts back we’ll be able to bring in a few quality loanees too
Guilermo Varela, Copenhagen. RB & LB. 27yo. Probably 2.5m-3.0m.

Reactions: cav

cav

Guilermo Varela, Copenhagen. RB & LB. 27yo. Probably 2.5m-3.0m.
Great shout to supplement the two from today and whatever midfielder we get in.
I’m not convinced young Bassey is ready,no disrespect to the lad.

Been at work all day so not commented on it but Roofe and Itten seems a really good mix of attacking options to add to the team.

Very impressed indeed.

Grigo Yossarian

Been at work all day so not commented on it but Roofe and Itten seems a really good mix of attacking options to add to the team.

Very impressed indeed.
Agree Cav.

Today was great, a real buzz. I wanted Maja & Roofe, but this big guy will be an asset, and is also a good age. Has he Maja’s scope ? No, but he looks to be a quality finisher & is now a Swiss internationalist, so I’m happy.

Getting a really mobile midfielder who gets about the park with pace & energy would please me, and Varela can also play in there, as well as cover Tav & Borna.

We’ll probably play 60 or so games, we’ll hopefully, and we saw the impact it had on our midfield last season, so we need to be prepared to stop a recurrence of that imo.

LD5

Agree Cav.

Today was great, a real buzz. I wanted Maja & Roofe, but this big guy will be an asset, and is also a good age. Has he Maja’s scope ? No, but he looks to be a quality finisher & is now a Swiss internationalist, so I’m happy.

Getting a really mobile midfielder who gets about the park with pace & energy would please me, and Varela can also play in there, as well as cover Tav & Borna.

We’ll probably play 60 or so games, we’ll hopefully, and we saw the impact it had on our midfield last season, so we need to be prepared to stop a recurrence of that imo.
Itten might not have quite as much potential as Maja, but if reports are true we have probably got him for near enough a third of the price of what Maja would have cost. I'm absolutely ecstatic with the two signings.

Like you said, if we manage to get a midfielder that plays on the right of the three that can collect the ball of Jack/Tav/Goldson and drive right up the field with it or spray a pass to someone quickly it will make the world of difference. If they are a tall physical bastard and have an eye for goal then that is just even better.

Grigo Yossarian

Itten might not have quite as much potential as Maja, but if reports are true we have probably got him for near enough a third of the price of what Maja would have cost. I'm absolutely ecstatic with the two signings.

Like you said, if we manage to get a midfielder that plays on the right of the three that can collect the ball of Jack/Tav/Goldson and drive right up the field with it or spray a pass to someone quickly it will make the world of difference. If they are a tall physical bastard and have an eye for goal then that is just even better.
Yes, from a business point of view we have a 3m or so player that we can develop & make money on after a few good years LD5. I agree with you. I’m happy too.

We all saw the impact of that long season on Jack & Davis & need to resolve that. Additionally as you say, adding goals to the midfield group is absolutely necessary, especially as we expect Morelos to be gone.

Big decisions ahead for a vital season to our club mate.

LD5

Yes, from a business point of view we have a 3m or so player that we can develop & make money on after a few good years LD5. I agree with you. I’m happy too.

We all saw the impact of that long season on Jack & Davis & need to resolve that. Additionally as you say, adding goals to the midfield group is absolutely necessary, especially as we expect Morelos to be gone.

Big decisions ahead for a vital season to our club mate.
If it were up to me, I'd be using Davis against the likes of Hamilton at home and that is it. It looks like he is going to struggle in the faster paced midfield battle games, at least in those home ties he can just sit back and control the game from afar and it gives Jack and Kamara a bit of a well needed rest.

If we only manage to get a box to box midfielder and a wide player I'd be more than happy, if we got a true goal scoring mid also I'd be on cloud nine.

WATP

Agree mate our midfield signing needs to be better than Jack Kamara Davis and Arfield for me they need to be a leader someone that will take the game bt the scruff of then neck and not take the easy option and pass it sideways. I can see us going for a high quality loan deal for an attacking option maybe someone at epl club who isnt playing
Yeh agreed but we need to cash in on some of our players to improve the squad. Alfie for £20m & maybe Kamara away for £5m would be very good Business from Wilson

JMCK

Very impressed indeed.
I've regarded you as someone who can tell a player, extremely surprised you have not been impressed by Bassey. Bassey will surprise you and many others; in that brief time we saw him it was obvious he has the potential to be a very good player. It would not surprise me if Bassey makes an impact this season; definitelyin the long term he will.

Last edited:

bkerr72

Was playing out of position and looked fairly decent whenever he was able to get into a more central area. Also more people than not seemed happy to spend 3-4 million on Zungu who had a knee injury and was never able to make himself a regular again for a relegated side
I think Turnbull would be too big a gamble especially for the £3m they want for him. He had a good season prior to the injury and then hasn't played due to the knee issues he has. For that amount of money then I would like to see how he does between now and January before making a move. Although I am not sure if he is what we need in the midfield.

change consent