The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

cav

I think I missed the tongue in cheek smiley at the end there above. :-D

BTW, I pointed out that this would be against teams like St. Mirren, who hardly pose a threat. We'd have essentially 4 defensive players covering what little the opposition throws our way. Thus we'd have 6 players who are attack-minded, instead of 3 to 5. And having a real attacker instead of Tav, who's feat of an assist every now and then can sure be topped.
You’ve been on the Hofbrau all day you jammy bstard haven’t you?

Sauchiebear

Nah ... at home against teams like St. Mirren, who hardly cross the halfway-line

Goalie

Goldson - Helander - Balogun

Kamara

Aribo - Hagi - Barisic

Morelos - Itten - Roofe

Make them suffer in their own half and have people there who convert the chances. We had 22-3 shots on goal after roundabout 60 mins yesterday, so while we have the shots, we need people able to hit the target.

Kent is made for pace and some trickery, which usually does not help against a brick wall. His shooting is ... well, you know. Tavernier is no real winger and what he delivers as a "winger" can sure be matched by a decent guy out there, Morelos or Roofe playing insight left / right (as they see fit). Barasic can drop back if we lose the ball, essentially re-creating the 4-man line, Helander can play a sweeper role and Goldson and/or Balagon may add the odd foray up front. Itten stays central, Hagi the creator.

Stop the constant interchanging of positions between Aribo, Hagi, Kent and Morelos (who has been back at the halfway-line far too often. Once we have a few goals, send on Kent and Co. to hit teams on the break, should they open up.
This place has really picked up since the pubs opened ......

Slim Jim

Equipe reporting that Lille have agreed a fee with Gent of €27 million excl. bonuses for Canadian striker Jonathan David. He'll have his medical tomorrow morning ahead of completing the move to France.

Nathan9719972

Rhecord saying sources close to Morelos state he’s committed to staying and Gerrard would love him, Itten, Roofe and Defoe

The frontman has been unhappy at seeing moves blocked in the past but sources close to the player say he is committed to Rangers and will continue to give his all.

Rangers have already signed Cedric Itten and Kemar Roofe but Steven Gerrard would love to have them and Morelos at his disposal as they try to end Celtic’s 10-in-a-row bid.

WBGBB

Lundstram would be perfect for the midfield role, we were sniffing about him before Sheff Utd triggered a 12 month extension to his contract.

Tagsbear

Rhecord saying sources close to Morelos state he’s committed to staying and Gerrard would love him, Itten, Roofe and Defoe

The frontman has been unhappy at seeing moves blocked in the past but sources close to the player say he is committed to Rangers and will continue to give his all.

Rangers have already signed Cedric Itten and Kemar Roofe but Steven Gerrard would love to have them and Morelos at his disposal as they try to end Celtic’s 10-in-a-row bid.
Sounds good to me.

Coatbridge Chancellor

I just assumed (like 75% of the board, at least) that the deals for Roofe + Itten were completed on the basis of Morelos going.

Can we afford to keep him?

Honestly asking, not a question saying "we're skint etc".

If we can, then wonderful.

ald

Alfie is more than welcome to bang in 20 before Christmas, take us 12 points clear and then exit stage left with our best wishes for £35m.......!!

Craig McColl

I just assumed (like 75% of the board, at least) that the deals for Roofe + Itten were completed on the basis of Morelos going.

I would assume if he was staying we'd be open to offers for other players. Main 1 would be Barisic if that was the case. I can't see us spending 10 million plus again and not looking to balance that out by player sales .

Sasa-

I'd hope the board haven't gambled and sanctioned big money signings that we couldn't afford if Morelos doesn't leave. I think it will just affect the rest of our business and we won't spend big on a midfielder if he doesn't go this summer.

Coatbridge Chancellor

I'd hope the board haven't gambled and sanctioned big money signings that we couldn't afford if Morelos doesn't leave. I think it will just affect the rest of our business and we won't spend big on a midfielder if he doesn't go this summer.
I'm not saying it is the case.
I just don't see how the figures totally stack up.
Maybe they do, honestly I've no inside knowledge of our financial dealings.
If we can do it I'd be delighted.

Craig McColl

I just don't see the logic. Barisic is just as valuable to our side as Morelos.
Don't know about that but he's not far off it. Just can't see us spending that money again without looking to bring good money in to cover it and then some. This summer Morelos and Barisic are our main assets that can be sold for multiple millions. It's 1 or the other this summer imo.

Balogun1

Equipe reporting that Lille have agreed a fee with Gent of €27 million excl. bonuses for Canadian striker Jonathan David. He'll have his medical tomorrow morning ahead of completing the move to France.
Morelos is a better striker and the Belgian league is not exactly a high standard.

Stevethebluenose90

I think it Morelos decides to stay that’ll be our transfer business done for this window unless we get a loan deal.

Would be fantastic to have a motivated Alfredo Morelos in the squad though!

Sasa-

I'm not saying it is the case.
I just don't see how the figures totally stack up.
Maybe they do, honestly I've no inside knowledge of our financial dealings.
If we can do it I'd be delighted.
If you compare our business so far this summer to our signings last summer, the outlay has been pretty similar.

Last summer we signed: Kent (7m), Helander (3m) Aribo (250k), Edmundson (600k?) and the rest were free signings or loans. So just under 11m.

This season we've signed Hagi (3m), Itten (2.7m), Roofe (4m) and the others were free, so again roughly 10m.

And all of that is after the club have improved financially with the kit deal, better sponsorships, MyGers memberships and we raised more money by progressing far in Europe. I think we will be in a similar position financially to last season even with Covid-19.

Hawftimepie

Perhaps Kamara could be the one to go
I was just thinking this very thing. But we would need to replace him and add another midfielder.

I think Wilson and Gerrard would like to pull some money in to strengthen to their satisfaction.

The only players likely to pull in money would be Morelos, Kamara, Barisic perhaps Tav and we might get a fee for Jones/Barker/Murphy, albeit paltry.

If we can afford it I would love to keep Morelos, even til January. He could even push up his transfer value again. It is a gamble. Twist.

ArfieldGer

I hope the club are bargaining with the fact Morelos has a better pedigree than the David who they are paying €27m for.

change consent