The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

NDC bear forever

Bring in about £5m in fees for Jones, Docherty, McCrorie, Stewart, Murphy & Barjonas, sign a solid CM in region of £3/4m, then Skov Olsen on a loan to buy next summer, we would be lethal. Wouldn’t be reliant on selling Alfie, total net spend would be about £12/13m
We won’t bring in £5m more likely £3m-£3.5m(would be lucky if we got £3.5m) for all our fringe players who won’t play

steve__72

Bring in about £5m in fees for Jones, Docherty, McCrorie, Stewart, Murphy & Barjonas, sign a solid CM in region of £3/4m, then Skov Olsen on a loan to buy next summer, we would be lethal. Wouldn’t be reliant on selling Alfie, total net spend would be about £12/13m
It's easy to talk about selling players when they're playing well. Most of these guys haven't been playing regularly, never mind playing well.

JimmyGQ

I hope the club are bargaining with the fact Morelos has a better pedigree than the David who they are paying €27m for.
As much as we should be demanding a big fee for Morelos, we won’t get as much as they’re paying for David. Alfie is superb but David is one of the top young talents on the planet. I think the first deal that adds up to £18million in a structure we like he’s away. If they go up to £20million then happy days.

johnto

As much as we should be demanding a big fee for Morelos, we won’t get as much as they’re paying for David. Alfie is superb but David is one of the top young talents on the planet. I think the first deal that adds up to £18million in a structure we like he’s away. If they go up to £20million then happy days.
Alfie is one of the top young talents on the planet. If at 22 you can literally rag doll upper level Europa group stage level teams then in 5 years you can have the footballing global stage in the palm of your hand

never underestimate super talented mad b@stard Colombians

Commentator

Murphy was done by the pitch at Rugby park not Broadfoot his knee twisted after he crossed goal line I was watching in phone in A&E with my wife I said he has done his cruciate she said my fall was worse than his was not KB 's fault at all
Watch it on a big telly if you get the chance. Broadfoot is very fly but, as I recall, as they're running into the corner he stands on Murphy's foot whilst 'falling' into him.

Drumchapel-Bear

Lundstram would be perfect for the midfield role, we were sniffing about him before Sheff Utd triggered a 12 month extension to his contract.
He would fit our system well playing as one of the 8s but we seem to be in the market for a 6, not an 8. He can't play in Davis' position.

I think Lundstrum would do a job for us but if we are only signing one midfielder then he's not what we need. We need a good number 6 who can control the game and has a good range of passing more than another Ryan Jack number 8 type.

JD1872

Even if Lundstrum only has a year on his contract he will move for a premiership fee which will be more that we will be willing to pay

Nathan9719972

No we shouldn’t have

However, you’re delusional if you think we could get 3/4m for the list of players you mention.

Everyone of them are bench players or in the stand on a weekly basis.
We got £400k for Polster, we have a sporting director who is now capable of bringing fees in

GF1872

The club can’t afford £12-13M outlays every season, sure it was DK that said it when he stepped down.

edit - without selling first.

Nathan9719972

The club can’t afford £12-13M outlays every season, sure it was DK that said it when he stepped down.

edit - without selling first.
I appreciate that, hence I feel we will bring in £5m or so in selling deadwood, we forget that’s these players Jones, Docherty etc are rated down, enough of this releasing and giving players away for frees, we sell brining in our valuations now

MickF24

I appreciate that, hence I feel we will bring in £5m or so in selling deadwood, we forget that’s these players Jones, Docherty etc are rated down, enough of this releasing and giving players away for frees, we sell brining in our valuations now
We won't get near £5 million for those players. It's not undervaluing in this case, it's being realistic.

strider

The club have really taken the riskier option in terms of bringing players in before moving others on, and it's a real sign of how much they want the team to do well.

But we absolutely have to sell before we buy now in my opinion. Murphy, Docherty, Jones, McCrorie, Barjonas, Stewart - only one of them made the bench when we didn't have Defoe and Roofe available to us.

The squad is bloated. It's somewhat irresponsible to keep adding to it at this stage. It'll probably need a few weeks as transfer business is still relatively slow, but I really think it has to be the priority.

ibroxcats

The club have really taken the riskier option in terms of bringing players in before moving others on, and it's a real sign of how much they want the team to do well.

But we absolutely have to sell before we buy now in my opinion. Murphy, Docherty, Jones, McCrorie, Barjonas, Stewart - only one of them made the bench when we didn't have Defoe and Roofe available to us.

The squad is bloated. It's somewhat irresponsible to keep adding to it at this stage. It'll probably need a few weeks as transfer business is still relatively slow, but I really think it has to be the priority.
Out of those you mention, I would definitely keep McCrorie.

i

Drumchapel-Bear

I said it a few days ago, there's no rush now. I would hang off to see what happens with the squads down in England and see what becomes available for us in a few weeks time, we are very well set as it stands and should have more than enough quality to see us through the next few weeks without many hiccups.

Spending 3-4m on Zungu seemed mental at the time to me.

We will probably need to wait on the English market getting moving again as well to shift some of the players on you are talking about.

jackstar

I hope Alfie can be persuaded to stay at least til January,when was the last time we had four good options up front, we're probably going back to when we had Jelavic,Lafferty and Naismith. I think it'll be good for the gaffer to have the luxury of changing it in a way he couldn't before. Now we're a different proposition whereas before the focus was on Alfie,now though with the other forwards coming in will take away some of the attention from him and I'm looking forward to seeing how he teams up with the other forwards and the idea of now playing two up really wets the appetite.

Portrushbear

Rhecord saying sources close to Morelos state he’s committed to staying and Gerrard would love him, Itten, Roofe and Defoe

The frontman has been unhappy at seeing moves blocked in the past but sources close to the player say he is committed to Rangers and will continue to give his all.

Rangers have already signed Cedric Itten and Kemar Roofe but Steven Gerrard would love to have them and Morelos at his disposal as they try to end Celtic’s 10-in-a-row bid.
If we found a couple of million to sign a midfielder and kept morelos it would be a wonder transfer window

Morelos with serious competition would maybe stop the dry spells as often and we would be looking threatening no matter who started

change consent