The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Rick_Sanchez

Did Suck and Edgar not say we were never even interested in this guy at all?
They may have but anyone claiming that is talking p1sh. We had a bid accepted and he arrived in the UK for a medical. That means we were interested enough to submit a bid and therefore extremely interested.

Officer Yates

You said the players we have gave us the same performance as before so we need new players to avoid that happening again.

As I say, that leads to having to argue that the entire team needs changed. After all, one or two from eleven who are failing us isn't much of an improvement.

And my second point - you are assuming our current players can't or won't improve when you assert that. We've got a lot of relatively young players in key positions who are getting better as each season progresses. There'd be no point in waiting for that if the only way to improve, as you're suggesting, is through getting new players.
I’ve no said anything like getting a full new team. And I get your second point but like a lot of people are saying if we get good quality players in who do IMPROVE us then that can’t really be argued against, i thought that’s what everybody was wanting. Plus yes we do need someone to take barker place. What ever dodgy pictures ojo had of Gerrard barker has managed to get a hold of them. The guy shouldn’t be at the club man he’s useless :))

KL2

Are we in need of a holding midfielder?
This is ultimately where the different views come from.

I absolutely think we need a CM more than an AM. Signing Johnson would be absolutely fine, but he ultimately fits the role Aribo currently plays and Hagi and Arfield can play. It's the positions behind that need improved and bodies in given Davis is 35, Jack regularly picks up knocks and the only other natural fit is Kamara. With another long season likely, CM needs strength in depth.

Grigo Yossarian

This is ultimately where the different views come from.

I absolutely think we need a CM more than an AM. Signing Johnson would be absolutely fine, but he ultimately fits the role Aribo currently plays and Hagi and Arfield can play. It's the positions behind that need improved and bodies in given Davis is 35, Jack regularly picks up knocks and the only other natural fit is Kamara. With another long season likely, CM needs strength in depth.
If circumstances allowed, which they may not, one CM and one more attacking player would be great, obviously with Jones/Stewart/Barker going the other way to effectively cover one of the salaries.

One could easily be a loan deal.

Capital G

I can’t see Daniel Johnson being an option in this window unless Preston have realistic price expectations.

I would be happier if we signed him on a pre contract in January and then “hit them with a Kamara” if a deal can be done then.

It will be interesting to see if Preston sell Ben Davies in the current window and if so how much for. A left footed ball playing centre back with interest from several fairly big clubs and less than a year left on his current contract.

Nathan9719972

I was all for getting Jacob Murphy however, would happy get Jones off the wage bill and try for Swift(Number 8) and Johnson(Number 10), would probably cost £6/7m for the both of them

change consent