The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Harbour Bear

Swift finalising his move to Sheffield United.

For the record I like to think we can more than sell ourselves over clubs such as Sheff Utd. We can prob match a smiliar wage for a couple players. But chance to play for a world wide fan base, play European football, compete for medals and play under Steven Gerrard who would be an icon for any player aged between 21 and 35..

davmcc

Official Ticketer

For the record I like to think we can more than sell ourselves over clubs such as Sheff Utd. We can prob match a smiliar wage for a couple players. But chance to play for a world wide fan base, play European football, compete for medals and play under Steven Gerrard who would be an icon for any player aged between 21 and 35..
Could mean they'll look to move John Lundstram on?

NDC bear forever

No reports of that anywhere.

Rooster

Reality is, unless he has emotional ties to us he will prefer EPL. If he does well there he can get silly money in no time. We’ll struggle to get any player that has chance to move there, sadly. Just how it is these days.

supersonic

Official Ticketer

Players may not be arsed about fan base or manager. League and Wages will always put the EPl teams ahead of us.

AllanD

Swift is a Box to Box CM, Hagi is a tricky we number 10, suggesting Hagi doesn’t possess Flair is bizarre
Are you on the bevvy again Nathan? Nobody said that Hagi wasn't a Flair player, they said Swift is creative and has flair. Now you're trying to shift it to argue about Hagi? You're an odd fellow.

Last edited:

bornabluenose

I've never seen Swift kick a ball. Reading are pretty low on my teams to watch list to be brutally honest. If Prem teams are sniffing about, you'd imagine a 25 year old on the cusp of his prime would prefer to go there, rather than move up North to play in the SPFL for us.
If premiership teams are involved it's already a non starter.

bkerr72

I was all for getting Jacob Murphy however, would happy get Jones off the wage bill and try for Swift(Number 8) and Johnson(Number 10), would probably cost £6/7m for the both of them
We won't be spending another £6-7m on anyone. Selling Jordan Jones for anything upto to £1m isn't going to free up that amount of money to spend.

It's all going to depend on what we do in Europe Gerrards comments today in the media about how important European football is to the club is a big indicator of that. Even if we sell Alfie it isn't going to lead to a spending spree either especially if we go out of Europe.

We saw it last year after we qualified we were able to go out and spend money on Kent and I suspect the same thing may happen again.

theweebarra

Johnson scores winner for Preston (pen) at Derby
We won't be spending another £6-7m on anyone. Selling Jordan Jones for anything upto to £1m isn't going to free up that amount of money to spend.

It's all going to depend on what we do in Europe Gerrards comments today in the media about how important European football is to the club is a big indicator of that. Even if we sell Alfie it isn't going to lead to a spending spree either especially if we go out of Europe.

We saw it last year after we qualified we were able to go out and spend money on Kent and I suspect the same thing may happen again.
So last years EL money, merchandise deal, mygers and sold out season tickets.

Last seasons EL money, merchandise deal, mygers and sold out season tickets revenue must be a fair amount which more than covers incomings so far.
Also fringe players loaned out, let go or sold, should free up wages. Hopeful of a couple in, without any big names transferred out.

Camby loyalist

Johnson scores winner for Preston (pen) at Derby

So last years EL money, merchandise deal, mygers and sold out season tickets.

Last seasons EL money, merchandise deal, mygers and sold out season tickets revenue must be a fair amount which more than covers incomings so far.
Also fringe players loaned out, let go or sold, should free up wages. Hopeful of a couple in, without any big names transferred out.
We are also losing money every month as is every club due to COVID, I don't see any signings worth note without selling Alfie.

Latest posts

change consent