The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Rangers daft

It’s quite clear whatever I suggest whether it’s right or wrong will be disagreed with, my opinion is invalid whatever it is
Not true, your opinion is as valid as anyone else's if you just spoke to people in a normal manner but you portray your opinions as fact and make everyone else out to be way off the mark. Your clearly not ITK in the slightest so your take on our club is just your take.... You'll be right on some stuff and wrong on others.... Just like everyone else

L&D RSC

Exactly. Match costs are massively down. Less police presence. Less electricity. Less stewarding.

And a lot of players out...Alnwick, Foderingham, Flanagan, Halliday, McCrorie, Holt, Rossiter, Docherty, Murphy alone off the top of my head.

McCrorie and Murphy are on loan atm, so we will probably still be paying the majority of their wages.

L&D RSC

I don't think so, they are only on loan for a season so they can't play against us that is all. I imagine the vast majority if not all of their wages are covered by their clubs.
I agree that the reason for them being on loan to buy is so they can't play against us, but not sure hivs or the sheep would be happy paying majority of wages and they can't play in some of their biggest games mate.

I think the benefit we might get out of them being unable to play against us will be part of the reason we still pay the majority of the wage.

As with most things though, pure speculation on my part.

TibbsyBear

I don't think so, they are only on loan for a season so they can't play against us that is all. I imagine the vast majority if not all of their wages are covered by their clubs.
I’d imagine Jamie Murphy would have been on an absolute minimum of £8k per week but probably closer to £10k-£12k.

That’s well out-with what Hibs can afford. Probably double what their highest earner gets.

LD5

I’d imagine Jamie Murphy would have been on an absolute minimum of £8k per week but probably closer to £10k-£12k.

That’s well out-with what Hibs can afford. Probably double what their highest earner gets.
Not a chance of that in Murphy's case. Hibs could never afford Murphy's current wage in a million years.
I suppose, but at the same time I can't see us paying £8k a week for someone we know is leaving next summer. Seems like a fair price to pay just to avoid them playing against us. I know it is better than paying all of his wages, but I'd rather just let them play us and save the £3/400k.

Tom Petty

I suppose, but at the same time I can't see us paying £8k a week for someone we know is leaving next summer. Seems like a fair price to pay just to avoid them playing against us. I know it is better than paying all of his wages, but I'd rather just let them play us and save the £3/400k.
The problem isn't only Hibs not being able to pay it, why would Murphy take a cut to move permanently any earlier?

change consent