The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Jaws II

If we got those 3 and kept Alfie I'd want the quadruple next season fs.
It would be good and we would have far better options in an attacking sense, however we still need to sign a couple of good midfielders to play behind them.

Reactions: LD5

Drumchapel-Bear

It would be good and we would have far better options in an attacking sense, however we still need to sign a couple of good midfielders to play behind them.
One centre mid for me. A proper destroyer in the holding role who can play a bit as well would be ideal.

I know a lot of people say we need more goals from midfield but we have already signed Hagi who should be looking to hit double figures at a bare minimum next season. Aribo also scored 9 goals in his first season with 1/4 of the season still to go....

Aribo and Hagi are our goals from midfield imo.

The one place we really need more goals from is the wide forward areas.

NDC bear forever

One centre mid for me. A proper destroyer in the holding role who can play a bit as well would be ideal.

I know a lot of people say we need more goals from midfield but we have already signed Hagi who should be looking to hit double figures at a bare minimum next season. Aribo also scored 9 goals in his first season with 1/4 of the season still to go....

Yup. Got to remember Aribo like a lot of our players is only going to get better this year. Him and Hagi should be getting double digits in goals next season.

Drumchapel-Bear

Yup. Got to remember Aribo like a lot of our players is only going to get better this year. Him and Hagi should be getting double digits in goals next season.
I think Kent had about 7 as well, which although not fantastic he would have been in double figures by the end of the season. He needs to just kick on a level again to lift his numbers from 10-12 to 15-20.

CR5

I think Kent had about 7 as well, which although not fantastic he would have been in double figures by the end of the season. He needs to just kick on a level again to lift his numbers from 10-12 to 15-20.
Our opponents were pretty much triple marking their right hand side every game, it's no wonder that Kent struggled at times.

We badly need someone similar on the other side for balance

LD5

Between those two and Arfield we should be alright for goals from AM. As been said, getting a goal scoring right winger and getting Kent to bump his goals up a wee bit are the main aims.

Derek84

I think having a destroyer would help Kent,Aribo and Hagi score us a few goals for us.

supersonic

Official Ticketer
Cant help but tbjnk when people say they want a "proper destroyer" in midfield they are subconsciously just wanting a Scott Brown because they have one.

None of our issues have stemmed from the midfield not being able to tackle or press. It's the odd goal or two required and getting away from our over reliance on Tav and Morelos being on form.

LD5

Cant help but tbjnk when people say they want a "proper destroyer" in midfield they are subconsciously just wanting a Scott Brown because they have one.

None of our issues have stemmed from the midfield not being able to tackle or press. It's the odd goal or two required and getting away from our over reliance on Tav and Morelos being on form.
I do think we lack physicality in midfield though, and nor Davis or Kamara are proper defensive midfielders. If we got a proper defensive midfielder and allowed one of the midfielders to become a part of the attack it would significantly help us in the attacking sense.

MearnsUnionist

Arfield contributed 21 goals (12 and 9) over the past 2 seasons, which often gets overlooked.

donka

I would like a proper hard-man in the middle of the park that takes no shit and puts the fear into the opposition. Scott Brown is nothing like that - just a cheat. Kent pushes him on his shoulder trying to get the ball back for a free kick and he drops like a hookers knickers holding his face. Alfie swings an elbow back and catches him on the chest in retaliation to him clipping his heel and Brown folds up like a cheap deck chair holding his face. See a trend with this [sarcasm]magnificent captain[/sarcasm]?

Drumchapel-Bear

I don't mean a hard man like Vinnie Jones. You don't get those players anymore.

Someone who's high energy and very good at winning the ball back quickly is what we need. Obviously the bigger/more physical the better in Scottish Football due to the style of play here and some of the tackles players get away with at times but it doesn't need to be an animal. Somebody who's good at winning the ball back but can also play as well, someone who will go to Parkhead or Pittodrie and look to get on the ball and dictate the game.

PMB1872

Who is Toney? Is he the guy at Peterburgh? Great goal rate but pretty low level league. Similar to Alfie in that he has the potential to replicate it at a higher level but it’s a big gamble. And he’s a bit older. I wouldn’t want to be risking big money on him.

And folk can’t say the SPL is league 1 level. It’s not. It’s far better than that. SPL is mid-championship level. Even the poor SPL sides are comparable to poor Championship sides.
Agreed, a couple of seasons back I went to four matches involving six Championship teams and only Villa were any good. Regarding the rest I could have been watching Hamilton v Falkirk. It was physical, route one garbage.

Jaws II

Someone who's high energy and very good at winning the ball back quickly is what we need. Obviously the bigger/more physical the better in Scottish Football due to the style of play here and some of the tackles players get away with at times but it doesn't need to be an animal. Somebody who's good at winning the ball back but can also play as well, someone who will go to Parkhead or Pittodrie and look to get on the ball and dictate the game.
Basically a Ferguson type or even a Mendes type. A good skilful midfielder who creates but can put up with hard tackles and still control the pace of a game.
This is the crucial signing we need and where we should spend most money on a player. I would sell Jack to help with funds if we could get a couple of midfielders even half as good as those 2, however I am aware some want to keep Jack.

CR5

Apart from Arteta, Caniggia, Prso, Cuellar, Mendes, Davis, Jelavic to name but seven. I’ve told you a million times before not to exaggerate...
Have we ever interacted before? Lol.

I'm talking about the average level of quality, of course you can pick out one player from each season

ChirryRFC

Official Ticketer
Agreed, a couple of seasons back I went to four matches involving six Championship teams and only Villa were any good. Regarding the rest I could have been watching Hamilton v Falkirk. It was physical, route one garbage.
was at Charlton v Shrewsbury a couple years back and it was like Scottish sunday league! Apart from Aribo obviously (never noticed him tbh)

PMB1872

Have we ever interacted before? Lol.

I'm talking about the average level of quality, of course you can pick out one player from each season
No. It’s a joke. Those are just the signings. We were linked with plenty of well known names every summer under McLeish and Smith second time around. Nowadays anyone could set up a Twitter account and post fake rumours. Journalists latch onto those and make them ‘more real’ by using them themselves. Plus all the folk on here who claim to have heard something because their mate said his mate’s mate knows the girlfriend of the guy that delivers the water bottles to Auchenhowie, who for some reason was given details of our next big signing.

Long way to go yet. It’s those that sign that are the key bit.

PMB1872

was at Charlton v Shrewsbury a couple years back and it was like Scottish sunday league! Apart from Aribo obviously (never noticed him tbh)
Yep I saw QPR v Northampton, Villa v Wigan, Coventry v Shrewsbury and Brentford v Bristol City. Villa were decent and Brentford not bad. The rest were Tom Kite.

JMCK

Basically a Ferguson type or even a Mendes type. A good skilful midfielder who creates but can put up with hard tackles and still control the pace of a game.
This is the crucial signing we need and where we should spend most money on a player. I would sell Jack to help with funds if we could get a couple of midfielders even half as good as those 2, however I am aware some want to keep Jack.
No way would I sell Jack; sorry.

westwoodrsc_gm

We haven't been linked with better players since Advocaat, this summer is going to be mad
But the links are coming from people on here and no where else - unless I’ve missed something?
If I start saying we should sign ‘insert name here’ from Torino, then more people start talking about it, does that mean we are linked with him?
Just asking by the way, I like the calibre of player spoken about over the last few days just don’t think anything concrete has made the links? Correct me if I’m wrong cheers

Drumchapel-Bear

Barry Ferguson would be the dream. Brown does a good job for them, someone similar in style would be good but I would want someone who can play a bit as well. Brown gets shown up everytime he plays against a proper midfield because he's sh*te on the ball.

LD5

But the links are coming from people on here and no where else - unless I’ve missed something?
If I start saying we should sign ‘insert name here’ from Torino, then more people start talking about it, does that mean we are linked with him?
Just asking by the way, I like the calibre of player spoken about over the last few days just don’t think anything concrete has made the links? Correct me if I’m wrong cheers
The only link from on here is Kerk. Roofe and Buya Turay have came from Belgian media, Olsen from Italian media, basically all the Ligue 1/2 players from French media, Moffi from Turkish media.

Ke55y

They will have an intern or some shit scouring this forum for anything they can run on a story on the cunts.
Means the club have frozen them.out completely which is good news. If this forum is all they have for Rangers news then a few op tangos should be had

supersonic

Official Ticketer
Yep, Candeias was dropped and Arfield played right hand side off the striker when we went on our long unbeaten run at the end of the 18/19 season.

The fact Tav had 15 assists before lockdown suggests he hasn't missed Candeias in the slightest.
Did he not play in behind defoe as a more 4411 style?

That was a great partnership between them 2. Almost telepathic movement from the 2 of them. Very surprised we haven't ever went back to this in some games.

sammy1872

If I w

I have no particular allegiance to Newcastle, but if they were to replace Bruce, they might at least give strong consideration to appointing Burnley manager Sean Dyche. What he has done working on a bubble-gum-and-string budget is nothing short of remarkable. Granted, Burnley's style of play may not always be easy on the eye, but given the paltry resources available to them, pragmatism has to be the order of the day in order for the club to survive in the EPL

Dyche's success at Burnley begs the question - how would he fare at a bigger club operating with a more substantial budget? Newcastle certainly could do worse than hire him - in fact they often have.
if dyche wants a big English job I reckon he has to go abroad and prove it with a club that wins stuff. He’s just not a big enough name or have a CV with trophies to get a top job. Despite the incredible job he’s done

MearnsUnionist

Did he not play in behind defoe as a more 4411 style?

That was a great partnership between them 2. Almost telepathic movement from the 2 of them. Very surprised we haven't ever went back to this in some games.
He was narrow on the right mate and Kent played narrow left.

Jack, Davis and Kamara played as a midfield 3.

You're right though, him and Defoe linked up brilliantly together.

2 very intelligent footballers.

Reactions: cav

Ted Rangers

Almost all issues can be traced back to the spine of the team. Our central midfield aren't just there to pass the ball about. One of their main jobs is to cover our attacking full backs, break up play, generally do the ugly work.
We don't want a Scott Brown, we want a Kevin Thomson.
Kamara, Davis Arfield, Aribo are all decent players but we need another defensive minded midfielder to free up Barisic and Tav and control the game.

Starting Anew

A Barry Ferguson. Or a Gerrard!

Latest posts