The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

PMB1872

The only link from on here is Kerk. Roofe and Buya Turay have came from Belgian media, Olsen from Italian media, basically all the Ligue 1/2 players from French media, Moffi from Turkish media.
True but doesn’t mean there’s truth in half of them. Speculation is nice mind you.

Reactions: LD5

Gazman_Airdrie

Official Ticketer
Yep I saw QPR v Northampton, Villa v Wigan, Coventry v Shrewsbury and Brentford v Bristol City. Villa were decent and Brentford not bad. The rest were Tom Kite.
Standard in the Championship is pretty poor too.

I was down at the WBA v Sheff Wed game this season (2-1 WBA), and we ended up "watching" the last 30 minutes in the concourse with a pint. Awful game.

GF1872

Agree with most of that. The biggest issue is around “good offer”. £15m is not a good offer for Morelos. It’s awful in fact.
If Ross Wilson feels the market had dropped post Covid, he may feel he can do more with the money, ie get players for less than they would’ve cost.

Stuart_WATP

If we are in the market for a sitting defensive midfielder I'd love if we moved for Artyom Timofeyev.
For me it's a goalscoring midfielder we need. I don't feel Jack, Arfield, Davis and Kamara pose enough of a goal threat. Aribo does and will get better and better.

Starting Anew

For me it's a goalscoring midfielder we need. I don't feel Jack, Arfield, Davis and Kamara pose enough of a goal threat. Aribo does and will get better and better.
We’ve already bought our goalscoring midfielder and I’d bet that he’ll be in the top 5 scorers in the league next year. Hagi is likely to be the most prolific midfielder we’ve had since Albertz.

AllyRFC

I agreee with your last comments Tags. We had so many different striking options, now we have two.
One getting on a bit and picked up a bad injury and another extremely talented but has stopped playing after Xmas for 3 seasons.
If we get a good fee for Morelos (not below 15) then I think we should sign 2 strikers of good quality and I wouldn’t be to against picking up the likes of Dykes to give us 4 options for up front.

If Morelos maintained his form of course I wouldn’t want him to go, but right now I am desperate for us to start winning things and the club doesn’t have a lot of money to burn so we need to generate our own funds by selling players.
You must be sick of the replies but thats utter bullshit that he just downed tools after Christmas. Pure utter dog shit.

Sutton_Blows_goats

IMO we need both. I agree the guys you have mentioned dont pose enough of a goal threat but they are also not a midfield 'destroyer' type player that we could use when mixing it at Rugby Park (apt name) or Sheepdome.

Recoba

Official Ticketer
I don't mean a hard man like Vinnie Jones. You don't get those players anymore.

Someone who's high energy and very good at winning the ball back quickly is what we need. Obviously the bigger/more physical the better in Scottish Football due to the style of play here and some of the tackles players get away with at times but it doesn't need to be an animal. Somebody who's good at winning the ball back but can also play as well, someone who will go to Parkhead or Pittodrie and look to get on the ball and dictate the game.
What you meant to say was an African destroyer for that position.

Thats my preference anyway :p

CaptainCourageous

Arfield goal return is decent but for me he's no where near being a first team regular and shouldn't be. Fee injury issues and pretty inconsistent.

The midfield needs addressed in terms of creativity, goals but it also needs a bit of steel. It can dominate and out play a bheggars side yet is absolutely powder puff against your more physical, compact sides.

The trio of Davis - Jack - Kamara or similar needs broken up. Nothing in a creative sense amongst those options and it can be over powered.

Sutton_Blows_goats

Arfield goal return is decent but for me he's no where near being a first team regular and shouldn't be. Fee injury issues and pretty inconsistent.

The midfield needs addressed in terms of creativity, goals but it also needs a bit of steel. It can dominate and out play a bheggars side yet is absolutely powder puff against your more physical, compact sides.

The trio of Davis - Jack - Kamara or similar needs broken up. Nothing in a creative sense amongst those options and it can be over powered.
I'd agree and I'm probably a bit of a broken record on here but i think midfield is the weakest part of our team.

NDC bear forever

Agreed. I do quite like Arfield though, he is type of player you’d trust to come in and play the Sunday game after a tough Euro tie.

cav

That’s why you stop wasting money on and get rid of the squad fillers and use youth to fill the gaps.

I think Davis,Arfield and Jack can all contribute positively for us in the coming season but they need the amount of game time managed carefully imo.
Having younger less injury prone players like hopefully Dorsch,Aribo and Hagi should make that easier I’d like to think.

Jaws II

You must be sick of the replies but thats utter bullshit that he just downed tools after Christmas. Pure utter dog shit.
3 years his form has went to pot after Xmas. A mixture of poor form, temperament and yes downing tools probably because he never got a big move.
The lack of goals after Xmas suggests what I say is probably correct, your pure utter dog shit comment has nothing to back it up.

Coplandbear

We need at least two quality additions in midfield imo we need to move on a few to accommodate new signings in that area.

I'd shift Davis and Arfield to the bench, sell Kamara and bring in two dynamic players one a big powerhouse who can play and a box to box midfielder fighting it out with Jack for a position in the team.

NDC bear forever

3 years his form has went to pot after Xmas. A mixture of poor form, temperament and yes downing tools probably because he never got a big move.
The lack of goals after Xmas suggests what I say is probably correct, your pure utter dog shit comment has nothing to back it up.
I think it’s unfair to say it’s because he isn’t getting his big move. All our players have turned into shit after Christmas for two years in a row, they don’t all get accused of downing tools. Personally think it’s a mixture of the first two things you say.

AllyRFC

If the players around him actually created the chances he needed to score etc it would be a different conversation. You are blaming Morelos for the team not performing. It is bull shit no matter what way you try to explain it. Us collapsing is not Alfredos fault ffs. What about the other 10 players on the pitch? Its a team game. Hes not a one man team yet hes getting the shite for it? Come away, eh.

He drags us through games more than his team mates drag him through it. I really cant understand your hatred for him.

He had a dip in form, aye. So did the whole team. Not his fault at all.

CaptainCourageous

The midfield needs sorted before the defence does. The lack of creativity and goals across the team shows this.

We also need someone who will take a kick, get straight back up and kick back.

You fail to create or take your chances and it's eventually going to take its toll on the back line.

Keltygeorge

We’ve already bought our goalscoring midfielder and I’d bet that he’ll be in the top 5 scorers in the league next year. Hagi is likely to be the most prolific midfielder we’ve had since Albertz.
I agree with that. Hagi is our goals from midfield and a top quality sitting midfielder would be ideal to play beside Jack/Davis/Kamara

JMCK

The midfield needs sorted before the defence does. The lack of creativity and goals across the team shows this.

We also need someone who will take a kick, get straight back up and kick back.

You fail to create or take your chances and it's eventually going to take its toll on the back line.
It's not possible to win the league unless we have the strongest midfield; Walter, for instance, always made sure our midfield was the best. This, I agree, is the priority.

KL2

The midfield is definitely the position needing addressed.

If we're behind in a game or drawing, there's nobody in the 3 central midfield positions you look at and think 'he can provide a goal, assist or killer pass', we rely entirely on the front 3 and full backs.

We need midfielders that can impact the final 3rd, not just be tidy in possession.

Jaws II

If the players around him actually created the chances he needed to score etc it would be a different conversation. You are blaming Morelos for the team not performing. It is bull shit no matter what way you try to explain it. Us collapsing is not Alfredos fault ffs. What about the other 10 players on the pitch? Its a team game. Hes not a one man team yet hes getting the shite for it? Come away, eh.

He drags us through games more than his team mates drag him through it. I really cant understand your hatred for him.

He had a dip in form, aye. So did the whole team. Not his fault at all.
No I am not.

I have been saying until I am blue in the face that the spine of the team that SG has relied on has let him down the last 2 years and a few who were here before SG that he plays constantly have also let him down with our collapses after Xmas.
You are only jumping in here because Morelos is getting mentioned.
I think we have all the fancy touch skilled players like Kent, Aribo, Barisic, Hagi and even Arfield.
We don’t have players when we are struggling who get the team performing and pull out a goal from nowhere or make those crucial tackles or passes that change a game.
If anything I would say Gerrard’s core players have done the opposite, they have hidden or crumbled from the pressure from the support to get a victory and don’t have the courage to take the risks you need to win games.
If we don’t sort that and we just a right wing attacker and another defensive midfielder and a third choice striker these same players will continue to let us down.
I am hopeful that the manager sees this and will make the necessary changes as I am desperate for Stevie Gerrard to be a success.

AllyRFC

No I am not.

I have been saying until I am blue in the face that the spine of the team that SG has relied on has let him down the last 2 years and a few who were here before SG that he plays constantly have also let him down with our collapses after Xmas.
I think we have all the fancy touch skilled players like Kent, Aribo, Barisic, Hagi and even Arfield.
We don’t have players when we are struggling who get the team performing and pull out a goal from nowhere or make those crucial tackles or passes that change a game.
If anything I would say Gerrard’s core players have done the opposite, they have hidden or crumbled from the pressure from the support to get a victory and don’t have the courage to take the risks you need to win games.
If we don’t sort that and we just a right wing attacker and another defensive midfielder and a third choice striker these same players will continue to let us down.
I am hopeful that the manager sees this and will make the necessary changes as I am desperate for Stevie Gerrard to be a success.
Thats a more understandable post. You were blaming Alfredo though in quite a few of your replies. Im not gonna clog the thread anymore but if you had blamed the other players as well i wouldnt have felt the need to defend Alfredo.

He is treated like a villian, even by some in our support and I think its shitty tbh. He doesnt deserve it at all, imo of course.

Marcellus Wallace

I've got Big Balls
I don't see need for holding midfielder - what I think we need is a forward looking midfielder who will add a guaranteed 12-15 goals a season. Agree with other two.
disagree mate. We need a destroyer and more of a presence in the centre. We still get bullied a little bit and I’m a big fan of Jack

Jaws II

have we made a formal offer or just sounded out the club? Gap too big or are we likely to properly test their resolve?
8 million is a bit rich. If SG as some are saying is wanting a quality striker and midfield spending 8m on this boy would reduce funds for the other signings.
We definitely need to generate some money through sales.

Marcellus Wallace

I've got Big Balls
8 million is a bit rich. If SG as some are saying is wanting a quality striker and midfield spending 8m on this boy would reduce funds for the other signings.
not suggesting we’d pay that. More a case of is there a deal to be done around £5m which would be a great bit of business on the face of it.

Jaws II

No I am not.

I have also said earlier mate if Morelos had maintained his form all season the league could have been a lot different and we would be looking for over 30 million for him.
He is potentially top class but it is a big risk to hope that we get a full season from him when he hasn’t done so in three years. However there are other players as you say who have been guilty of this.

So the gamble is do we take the risk and hope they come good or do we sell players for decent fees and hopefully Ross Wilson finds us some gems.

Drumchapel-Bear

have we made a formal offer or just sounded out the club? Gap too big or are we likely to properly test their resolve?
I'm not sitting at the table mate negotiating :D So can't answer those questions.

When I posted 2 nights ago we were interested, I heard at that point we were in negotiations. Today the update was we are apart in our valuation with them.

I'm not sure what the next step is. If Utrecht don't budge then I assume we will likely move on to the next target.

JMCK

Not the sale of our best players though.

Jaws II

Not the sale of our best players though.
As I said before a few years back we sold Boumsong for 8 million, we brought in Buffel , Ferguson and Kyriakos and won the league.
If selling him brings us in decent cash to invest in the team then so be it.

AllyRFC

I have also said earlier mate if Morelos had maintained his form all season the league could have been a lot different and we would be looking for over 30 million for him.
He is potentially top class but it is a big risk to hope that we get a full season from him when he hasn’t done so in three years. However there are other players as you say who have been guilty of this.

So the gamble is do we take the risk and hope they come good or do we sell players for decent fees and hopefully Ross Wilson finds us some gems.
If it was possible id rather cash in on other less important players although I understand no one else in the team is likely to generate that kind of money that Morelos will. Im a big Morelos fan, i think thats obvious, mainly because its been a long time since weve had a player i felt was special. The damage he could do with better players around him could be mental.

CanuckBear

I know the debate is on between Morelos leaving or staying and people back and forth about his value etc..
I think at the end of the day none of us want him to leave but all of the talk for the past season and half is in regards to us knowing that he (eventually) wants to go and we will need to move him on.
As fans we just want the best/highest value for him.
Selling him and using the money for other players might not be what we want but most of us feel that will be inevitable going forward.
I think the hard part for fans is dealing with the constant speculation in every window-we all know how valuable he is to the squad and many of us are just at the point of moving him on so we can get on with whatever happens next.

Latest posts