The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

JMCK

As I said before a few years back we sold Boumsong for 8 million, we brought in Buffel , Ferguson and Kyriakos and won the league.
If selling him brings us in decent cash to invest in the team then so be it.
I understand one player, but we need to keep as many of our best players as possible, and build on that with better players to compliment them.

sheddensbear

A player is only worth what a club is prepared to accept or get offered. Morelos will go when it suits us and we think we can improve the team with what we can spend. I expect him to go and outrage to follow at the fee we've accepted.

wsb&warmy

Only a month until season starts, hoping we can make some moves soon, get the players a full pre season
We all want new signings in ASAP but remember there's leagues still playing out the remainder of season 19/20 just now and there's a fairly high likelihood that we'll be signing a player or two involved in that. We'll need to be patient.

Ianis 4 the 55

Romanian click/ bait sport press talks about Bilel Omrani from CFR Cluj beeing closed to be transfered by Leganes. But it is a competition they say, because allegedly he is targeted by Sheffield Utd , Celtic and ... Glsgow Rangers. Watched him enough as I am Romanian and live there and I would cry a river if Rangers really want him. Weak, missing a lot and diving player. Not a no 9. He is not Suarez. Hope he goes wherever but not Rangers.

DejaVoodoo

Romanian click/ bait sport press talks about Bilel Omrani from CFR Cluj beeing closed to be transfered by Leganes. But it is a competition they say, because allegedly he is targeted by Sheffield Utd , Celtic and ... Glsgow Rangers. Watched him enough as I am Romanian and live there and I would cry a river if Rangers really want him. Weak, missing a lot and diving player. Not a no 9. He is not Suarez. Hope he goes wherever but not Rangers.
Us and the scumbags linked with him. Probably rubbish.

CaptainCourageous

The bheggars made a bid for him after he knocked them out the CL qualifiers. He looked decent against them.

Ianis 4 the 55

The bheggars made a bid for him after he knocked them out the CL qualifiers. He looked decent against them.
Very lucky in that game. N
Very lucky in that game. He didn't show anything like that all championship and they won almost all the games. He is not the player from that game consistently. But Youtube can make any player look great

NDC bear forever

Very lucky in that game. N

Very lucky in that game. He didn't show anything like that all championship and they won almost all the games. He is not the player from that game consistently. But Youtube can make any player look great
Would I be correct in saying he works quite hard or was the game vs Celtic just a one off?

baystatebear

The possibility that Hastie might return to Motherwell on loan, is problematic on a number of levels. Firstly, it begs the obvious question why was he signed in the first place? If at the time of his signing it was determined that Hastie was unlikely to feature straightaway in the first team squad, then the obvious plan was to send him out on loan.

But for 'loans' of this kind to work for both player and parent club, some careful thought has to go into it. First of al, it has to be decided which aspects of the player's game needs to be improved, and which club and which manager would represent the best environment for the hoped for improvement to take place. The next question is - how long should the initial loan period be for - what criteria are to be used to determine if the loan has been beneficial - if it should be extended, or terminated - and if so what is the next step after that - and so on.

The point I'm trying to make here is that with Hastie, as with other loanees, I don't get the sense that they were the product of a careful thought process on Rangers' part, either in terms of why they should have been signed in the first place, and once signed what precisely needed to be done to develop their skills to the point where they can become an asset to the club.

tottie beck

As I said before a few years back we sold Boumsong for 8 million, we brought in Buffel , Ferguson and Kyriakos and won the league.
If selling him brings us in decent cash to invest in the team then so be it.
The market was different at that time. I doubt there will be a lot of players moving about much this summer, not to mention we wont get nearly as much for him as we would under normal circumstances.

CR5

The possibility that Hastie might return to Motherwell on loan, is problematic on a number of levels. Firstly, it begs the obvious question why was he signed in the first place? If at the time of his signing it was determined that Hastie was unlikely to feature straightaway in the first team squad, then the obvious plan was to send him out on loan.

But for 'loans' of this kind to work for both player and parent club, some careful thought has to go into it. First of al, it has to be decided which aspects of the player's game needs to be improved, and which club and which manager would represent the best environment for the hoped for improvement to take place. The next question is - how long should the initial loan period be for - what criteria are to be used to determine if the loan has been beneficial - if it should be extended, or terminated - and if so what is the next step after that - and so on.

The point I'm trying to make here is that with Hastie, as with other loanees, I don't get the sense that they were the product of a careful thought process on Rangers' part, either in terms of why they should have been signed in the first place, and once signed what precisely needed to be done to develop their skills to the point where they can become an asset to the club.
Hastie is extremely raw but he does possess everything you want in a modern day winger. He's rapid, powerful, loves to drive forward with the ball, can shoot from distance and has a decent level of physicality. You can understand why he was identified and then signed by the club, you can almost say that he's a very poor mans Gareth Bale.

Apparently the plan was to immediately send him back to Motherwell for a season but those plans died when their fans turned on him, they were booing their own player at one point.

He went to Rotherham and hit the ground running, their fans absolutely loved him. Then they changed their tactics a bit which saw Hastie eventaully drop out.

A season at Motherwell will be very good for his development and we will be able to keep a close eye on him.

The Gon

Have we actually said we're loaning him out to Motherwell though? As far as I know they've just enquired.

His loan to Rotherham last year was actually very well thought out, as their gaffer at the time was someone Gerrard knew from doing their coaching badges together, and I remember reading an article about how Gerrard was impressed with his methods and felt Hastie would really benefit from going there.

Either way I don't think us buying Hastie was just some impulse purchase that we hadn't thought through. Sure it might not end up working out for either party, but look at Christie for example at the tarriers - sent out on loan 3 times before making a breakthrough there, and didn't start getting into their team until he was 23/24.

Hastie is still a good couple of years younger than that, and if he goes on to have a worthwhile season at Motherwell (or wherever else he ends up) he'd still be very much on track to make it with us.

JMCK

Have we actually said we're loaning him out to Motherwell though? As far as I know they've just enquired.

His loan to Rotherham last year was actually very well thought out, as their gaffer at the time was someone Gerrard knew from doing their coaching badges together, and I remember reading an article about how Gerrard was impressed with his methods and felt Hastie would really benefit from going there.

Either way I don't think us buying Hastie was just some impulse purchase that we hadn't thought through. Sure it might not end up working out for either party, but look at Christie for example at the tarriers - sent out on loan 3 times before making a breakthrough there, and didn't start getting into their team until he was 23/24.

Hastie is still a good couple of years younger than that, and if he goes on to have a worthwhile season at Motherwell (or wherever else he ends up) he'd still be very much on track to make it with us.
Did Hastie do well at Rotherham? I should say I thought he looked nowhere near good enough to be a Rangers player; which seems reasonable on the face of it if he's going on loan to his former club.

Sam Minella

Not surprised about Hastie, I thought he would go back out on loan again and I am hardly shocked he’s going to Motherwell.

bluereason

I'd welcome hastie fgoing on loan to an spl club, any one in a position to do damage the the bheasts will be welcome in my eyes and we should be doing it more often.

Id be working on a deal that includes a percentage of games that should be played though
Absolutely. This is something we really need to be more clever about.

Tugay83

Arfield contributed 21 goals (12 and 9) over the past 2 seasons, which often gets overlooked.
How many league goals? That's really what it's about and where you see the truest contribution. We play more games than most teams in Europe so that has to be factored into the conversation when looking at things like goals from midfield. Our players get to pad their stats against some pretty poor opposition in domestic cup games and European qualifiers.

MearnsUnionist

How many league goals? That's really what it's about and where you see the truest contribution. We play more games than most teams in Europe so that has to be factored into the conversation when looking at things like goals from midfield. Our players get to pad their stats against some pretty poor opposition in domestic cup games and European qualifiers.

Only 2 European goals mate.

Reactions: LD5

LD5

I don't know exactly but almost every goal I remember Arfield scoring has been in the league apart from his goals away to Midtjylland and Villareal

Sam Minella

I don't know exactly but almost every goal I remember Arfield scoring has been in the league apart from his goals away to Midtjylland and Villareal
I don't recall him scoring in both cups either.

Could remember the Villarreal goal but took me a minute or two to remember Midtjylland.

Reactions: LD5

CR5

Arfield contributed 21 goals (12 and 9) over the past 2 seasons, which often gets overlooked.
Arfield is a shining example of what a squad player should be imo, he will come in, give his all without a huge dip in quality and contribute in terms of numbers.

I really don't want to see him starting regularly though, he's a really intelligent player that is unfortunately somewhat let down by his touch and range of passing

Der Berliner

That's Hrosovsky, Benjali and Hastie added to the OP.

EDIT: Mr. Zungu is also added ... linkt to Transfermarkt too, where one can find all his stats.

EDIT 2: added Skov Olson too now.

Last edited:

davmcc

Official Ticketer
Scored 2 in the cup against Hamilton and 1 against Stranraer.

GodStruth

From Zungu's YouTube video it looks as though he likes to play a quick forward pass. I can see the attraction