Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aribo is nowhere the managers near fourth of fifth choice, that’s crazy talk.
Let's play. We are playing a tough European qualifier tomorrow night where a degree of defensive discipline is required. In such instances SG has consistently picked a three of Jack, Davis and Kamara. Lundstram I don't believe has been brought in to be a squad player, I'll concede Arfield is kind of on the fringe. My original post was in response to the notion of Kamara being sold and his value. Given that he was as close to an automatic pick, it is my opinion that of our saleable players I'd rather lose Aribo than Kamara. Opinion, not crazy talk.

I thought Simpson was excellent in the 4-1 game v them especially after picking up an early booking. I’ve not seen enough of him to make a final judgement but I don’t get the rush to write him off. Another central defensive option suffering from the “he’s not Niko” way of thinking?

Excellent apart from losing the header at the goal and letting them walk past him twice in the second half almost leading to goals.

He was bouncing off JET like a wee boy at Livingston, had a shocker in the 1-1 draw at Stjohnstone and was poor on his debut when he came on and McNulty scored.

Its fair enough to say lets get him time etc but lets not pretend he wasnt muck.

Lets be real Simpson has looked well shaky at times but its very early days

He will need to improve greatly if he's to be our third choice CB given Helanders injury record
Problem Simpson has is he hasn't played a lot of football in his career so far so you could say he's learning every time he plays. If we were able to then a loan deal to somewhere for the season where he would play every week would help his development but it would mean cashing in on either a Katic or Edmundson and bringing another centre half in to allow it to happen.

Excellent apart from losing the header at the goal and letting them walk past him twice in the second half almost leading to goals.

He was bouncing off JET like a wee boy at Livingston, had a shocker in the 1-1 draw at Stjohnstone and was poor on his debut when he came on and McNulty scored.

Its fair enough to say lets get him time etc but lets not pretend he wasnt muck.
Who needs enemies when you have friend's like these. I think my most fans remain to be convinsed by him but there is no need for the abuse imo

Does anyone have any idea why Simpson was never loaned out by Bournemouth? Strange for a player to get to his age and have such little experience at any level.

Let's play. We are playing a tough European qualifier tomorrow night where a degree of defensive discipline is required. In such instances SG has consistently picked a three of Jack, Davis and Kamara. Lundstram I don't believe has been brought in to be a squad player, I'll concede Arfield is kind of on the fringe. My original post was in response to the notion of Kamara being sold and his value. Given that he was as close to an automatic pick, it is my opinion that of our saleable players I'd rather lose Aribo than Kamara. Opinion, not crazy talk.
How many times (when available) did Gerrard use a midfield trio of Davis, Kamara & Jack last season?

It certainly wasn’t “consistently”.

How many times (when available) did Gerrard use a midfield trio or Davis, Kamara & Jack last season?
You know fine well that Jack's injury issues curtailed that option, you also know that Aribo's games in midfield were increased due to us being down to the bare bones latterly in the season. If we were playing say Slavia Prague tomorrow night, do you think Aribo would be selected in midfield ahead of Kamara, Davis, Jack or Lundstram? I'll repeat OPINION.

Veerman 4 year deal. £5.5 million with £2 million in add ons.

ITK
tenor.gif

You know fine well that Jack's injury issues curtailed that option, you also know that Aribo's games in midfield were increased due to us being down to the bare bones latterly in the season. If we were playing say Slavia Prague tomorrow night, do you think Aribo would be selected in midfield ahead of Kamara, Davis, Jack or Lundstram? I'll repeat OPINION.
Nope. What I know is Gerrard realised after the previous season that the midfield trio you mentioned was not creative enough for our system which was why he picked it once last year when he had all the players available to him. He may look to use it in tighter games in Europe but I don’t there’s any domestic game that he’d go with that trio nowadays.

Anyway the point is Joe Aribo, whether as a midfielder or as a ten, is one of Gerrard’s main men. It would be crazy to sell him given his potential (imo).

If true I would imagine that would be us even if we sell Kamara and the likes of Jones and Barker. Only selling Morelos would take us back into the market I think.

It might not be, but it is sheer idiocy at this stage
Plenty of names down the years people have written off too early however there is a list as long as that if not longer of boys you could tell straight away aren't up to standard i.e Zungu last year.

Majority of Warburton and Caixinha signings you knew weren't up to scratch within the first months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back