Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doig for Barišić possibly
I could see that but was thinking more about Doekhi possibly being a Goldson replacement as he's not signed a new deal and we aren't short of center halves and although Wilson is a good player we aren't short of wide no10s now

Could very well be possible but who would you have leaving if this was the case
I think we will cash in on Hagi and possibly Barisic.

Sell Edmundson, Mayo, Katic, Bassey (Loan)

Bring in Doekhi and Doig improves defence and gives us a go to option at LB.

Sell Barjonas, Hagi, Middleton,

Bring in Veerman and Garner instantly takes the midfield up another level two young dynamic players.

Sell Barker, Jones

Release Stewart, Defoe

Bring in Wilson and Sakala (confirmed) massively further enhances the frontline with more creativity, cutting edge, pace, goals, and more versatility.

Also McCrorie and Murphy will permanently be off the wage bill.

Last edited:
My personal opinion is Doig probably isn't ready to be first choice left back for us and we'd go for someone with more first team experience as a replacement but if the gaffer wants more pace in the team then replacing Hagi with Wilson if we get a good offer could be a good way to go
If Barisic went the Lech Pozan LB might fit the bill.

McCann is the only player in Scotland I’d take and he would be more of a squad player. I think he needs to continue playing regular first team football, unless Gerrard were to think he was good enough.

This is the second week I’ve watched Fashion Sakala and I am impressed, again. Seen different sides of his game tonight opposed to last week against Standard. He didn’t really take men on much last week, tonight we’ve seen that side of his game. Work rate and desire, again, impressive. Speed - explosive and he’s delivered in terms of a goal and assist and probably could have had a brace.

I think we will cash in on Hagi and possibly Barisic.

Sell Edmundson, Mayo, Katic (Loan) Bassey (Loan)

Bring in Doekhi and Doig

Sell Barjonas, Hagi, Middleton,

Bring in Veerman and Garner

Sell Barker, Jones

Release Stewart, Defoe

Bring in Wilson and Sakala (confirmed)

Also McCrorie and Murphy will permanently be off the wage bill.
Barjo is going for free. Don't know whether Ayr would want him, he hasn't featured much. Finlayson set to be signed permanently by st mirren

Puchacz,Veerman,Doekhi and Sakala in permanently with Garner on loan would be a great window.

The question is who would leave though and that's always going to be tough.
One has to be Goldson if he won't sign a new deal,and that would be a huge loss regardless who we bring in.
I think we could cope more losing Borna,and I'm a big fan of his.

My personal opinion is Doig probably isn't ready to be first choice left back for us and we'd go for someone with more first team experience as a replacement but if the gaffer wants more pace in the team then replacing Hagi with Wilson if we get a good offer could be a good way to go
Can’t see any chance we bring in Harry Wilson. Will cost far too much.

Can’t see any chance we bring in Harry Wilson. Will cost far too much.
Was thinking if we got a good offer for Hagi it would be possible also another option would be that he has 2 years left on his deal so maybe an initial loan deal with a view to making it permanent next year when we are in a better negotiating position

Puchacz,Veerman,Doekhi and Sakala in permanently with Garner on loan would be a great window.

One has to be Goldson if he won't sign a new deal,and that would be a huge loss regardless who we bring in.
Ultimately Gerrard likes having 4 senior options at Centre backs and we will have 6 come the summer for Doekhi to come in would mean one of Helander or Goldson being sold along with Katic and Edmundson

Reactions: cav
Was thinking if we got a good offer for Hagi it would be possible also another option would be that he has 2 years left on his deal so maybe an initial loan deal with a view to making it permanent next year when we are in a better negotiating position
Possibly but I just don’t see us spending north of £10m on a player yet. Not unless we banked a lot of cash selling first.

I can see us bringing in at least 2 homegrown players to fill the European squad quota...... perhaps Doig / Nisbet but Hibs will likely want silly money now

Any idea what puchacz is valued at? And what Poznań usually sell players for? He would be the ideal replacement for barisic if we decided to sell him.

Is that really a dream window??
Yes I believe so

Doekhi is a very highly rated young defender comparisons to Van Djik a steal at £1.5 million and is a considerable upgrade on Balogun/Simpson/Katic.

Doig for me is the best young player in the league. Terrific engine gets up and down the left flank and always looks to put balls into the box.

Veerman looks like a tremendous talent ticks all the boxes for a deep lying playmaker won't be far off the Dutch national team at this rate he is the dynamic all round midfield we have craved for years.

Garner is an interesting talent can certainly pick a pass and dictate play highly rated and comfortable as a 6 or 8 also good at set pieces only has 1 year left on his Man Utd contract.

Wilson is a player I've always admired would bring creativity and a goal threat and has a cracking left foot he would be perfect in our system I reckon also in the final year of his Liverpool contract.

All of the above are major upgrades to the team/squad. Doig would be a work in progress but in terms of quality and the finances available getting the above in for me would be a dream window.

Last edited:
Any idea what puchacz is valued at? And what Poznań usually sell players for? He would be the ideal replacement for barisic if we decided to sell him.
Pointless looking at transfermarkt.co.uk for that information,it's the one thing they never get right(players values).
He's got two years left on his deal and they sold a polish international Right back last year for 1.8 million to Augsburg so I would guess that's maybe an indicator.

I'd be expecting 12-15 for Borna after a decent Euros though,ideally I'd obviously want more but I think there will be some sort of impact from covid impacting fees received for players.

They got about £12m for someone last year did they not, the guy they sold to Brighton and loaned him back. I'm sure he was a bit younger than Puchacz though.

Get rid of the deadwood on our books and replenish with youth.

make 2 or 3 major signings to replenish the squad and get rid of those who are at there peak in terms of value to club.

sounds very easy but I have mentioned in 2 or 3 threads that I expect Helander and Kamara to go this summer with one of potentially Alfie, Hagi and Barisic to also go.

we could bring in 30m+ and spend 15m+ and this is before the CL qualifiers, should be an exciting summer for the bears support

My favourite thread of the year, this. From my two years being ‘active“ on FF, I think last years was the best, with Luis Suarez being deemed not good enough for us and French looking baguettes.
Who was that crackpot that says Suarez again? He’s disappeared from the board probably under another alias.

Who was that crackpot that says Suarez again? He’s disappeared from the board probably under another alias.
Think he went with the username ‘Nathan’, mate. He was pretty harmless and at times made some decent points, but he hit out with some pretty ridiculous points at times meaning he wasn‘t exactly taken seriously :))

Yes I believe so

Doekhi is a very highly rated young defender comparisons to Van Djik a steal at £1.5 million and is a considerable upgrade on Balogun/Simpson/Katic.

Doig for me is the best young player in the league. Terrific engine gets up and down the left flank and always looks to put balls into the box.

Veerman looks like a tremendous talent ticks all the boxes for a deep lying playmaker won't be far off the Dutch national team at this rate he is the dynamic all round midfield we have craved for years.

Garner is an interesting talent can certainly pick a pass and dictate play highly rated and comfortable as a 6 or 8 also good at set pieces only has 1 year left on his Man Utd contract.

Wilson is a player I've always admired would bring creativity and a goal threat and has a cracking left foot he would be perfect in our system I reckon also in the final year of his Liverpool contract.

All of the above are major upgrades to the team/squad. Doig would be a work in progress but in terms of quality and the finances available getting the above in for me would be a dream window.
i agree. that to me looks like the perfect window. doubt we would get wilson out them all though

They got about £12m for someone last year did they not, the guy they sold to Brighton and loaned him back. I'm sure he was a bit younger than Puchacz though.
Attacking players who go to the EPL tend to be inflated cost wise mate,the other full back should be a fairer comparison I'd hope.
We pretty much committed a robbery getting Borna for 1.5 when we did.

Get rid of the deadwood on our books and replenish with youth.

make 2 or 3 major signings to replenish the squad and get rid of those who are at there peak in terms of value to club.

sounds very easy but I have mentioned in 2 or 3 threads that I expect Helander and Kamara to go this summer with one of potentially Alfie, Hagi and Barisic to also go.

we could bring in 30m+ and spend 15m+ and this is before the CL qualifiers, should be an exciting summer for the bears support
I wouldn’t want us losing more than one of our regular starters in defence so it would have to be one of Helander or Barisic if it came to it (or Goldson) but not two of them.

What ever came of the Lovro Majer rumour?
Veerman is a must,doubt we're the only ones looking at him though.

Interesting to read the article on Garner, can you imagine the scenario?

'Hey James, Derek McInnes is on the phone for you'
'Who???'
or
'Hey James, Stevie G is on the pho....'
'Hello Stevie, James here'
God it's great to be a Rangers fan again❤❤❤

What ever came of the Lovro Majer rumour?
Veerman is a must,doubt we're the only ones looking at him though.

Interesting to read the article on Garner, can you imagine the scenario?

'Hey James, Derek McInnes is on the phone for you'
'Who???'
or
'Hey James, Stevie G is on the pho....'
'Hello Stevie, James here'
God it's great to be a Rangers fan again❤❤❤
Probably priced out of Majer Marsellie nearly got him on January deadline day for about £12 million but he's more of a number 10 and we are stacked for players there now we need someone who can control a game from deep in the absence of Davis. Either Veerman or Garner coming in without losing any of our senior midfielders would be ideal

Veerman would be a great show of intent but I think we may be priced out sadly.

Big £££ out's could be anyone of Hagi, Barisic or Kamara (Apparently Arsenal sniffing about)

In's would like Doekhi apparently only cost £1.5M from Vitesse would be a snip.
Harry Wilson on loan from Liverpool.

Zungu, Stewart, Itten, Edmundson, Barjonas, Barker, Jones, Murphy all out permanently.

I wouldn’t want us losing more than one of our regular starters in defence so it would have to be one of Helander or Barisic if it came to it (or Goldson) but not two of them.
I think you’re probably right, there’s a fine line between dismantling a winning side and trying to improve that winning side.

Helander was ropey when he first came in, I thought his pace would be a problem yet he is our best technical defender now.... by quite some way. Hopefully Simpson slides into that position if Helander goes and with Bassey needing another season to prove himself it would be risky letting them both go.

Hagi would be our easiest to replace, Kent would be our hardest to replace

Ali McCann a far better player and more suited to our system.
I wouldn’t sign either Ferguson or McCann but you’re right about fit and quality. Ferguson gets talked up because of his name, the only reason for it. He’s a similar level to mccrorie who we have seen this season just wasn’t at our level.

Wouldn't Liverpool want £20 million or more for Harry Wilson?

As much as I'd like us to be signing players in that price range, it doesn't seems realistic.

Wouldn't Liverpool want £20 million or more for Harry Wilson?

As much as I'd like us to be signing players in that price range, it doesn't seems realistic.

The Athletic reported they were wanting £15m for him. Burnley bid £12m but it was rejected.

I'd imagine they want him sold this summer rather than loaning him out for the fifth season in a row.

McCann is the only player in Scotland I’d take and he would be more of a squad player. I think he needs to continue playing regular first team football, unless Gerrard were to think he was good enough.

This is the second week I’ve watched Fashion Sakala and I am impressed, again. Seen different sides of his game tonight opposed to last week against Standard. He didn’t really take men on much last week, tonight we’ve seen that side of his game. Work rate and desire, again, impressive. Speed - explosive and he’s delivered in terms of a goal and assist and probably could have had a brace.
Record reporting today that the Tims are looking at McCann. - https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport...er-news/ali-mccann-scouted-celtic-st-24070006

I see Doig being mentioned alot - but who genuinely thinks Hibs are going to negotiate in good faith with Rangers over their prized asset?

He's probably a £2m player max, given his age and potential, but it would end up a circus with Hibs demanding ridiculous fee, of which we wouldn't pay.

I wouldn’t be offering extended deals to players out of contract next summer unless they are guaranteed starters and rarely injured.

Basically thank Arfield for his service and allow him to leave on a free summer 2022, we need better in the midfield area now.
Exactly as much as I love Scotty I would be worried if we were extending his contract. We need better/younger players to come in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back