Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hellas Verona have reportedly pulled out of negotiations for Rangers target Joey Veerman with talks gridlocked.

Reports in Italy state that the Serie A side have been priced out of a move for the Heerenveen star, leading them to turn to Manchester Citys Serbian starlet Ivan Ilic
an alternative.
Suddenly... I want Veerman AND Ilic

They offered £5m and it was rejected. So we need to go higher obviously. This game v Malmö or HJK is a £5m shootout, can’t see us doing much til the outcome of that is known

Not so sure mate. Look at Porto with Morelos.
I'm almost certain the price tag for Morelos last summer will be reachable on different terms this summer.

Last summer we'd probably wanted more cash up front but I reckon we'd accept cash and realistic addons.

More room to negotiate is probably a better way of wording it.

He has a few years on his contract and they seem happy to keep him unless they get what they want.

Think we will need to get near it and for him to keep making noise that he wants to leave.

Not sure what the fuss is with Veerman.

So far we seem to only have a mid table Serie A team offering a loan to buy.

Good old YouTube.

Wonder if the fuss is coming from the same posters who told us Zungu would be a star despite all evidence saying otherwise.

Good old YouTube.

Wonder if the fuss is coming from the same posters who told us Zungu would be a star despite all evidence saying otherwise.
PSV and Feyenoord were after him according to the Dutch media and were priced out. Italian press had Atalanta linked at one point but don’t think they made a move.

Reactions: cav

Good old YouTube.

So you’ve based your opinion on not a lot of people bidding for him and YouTube?

Thank you for confirming you’re a rocket.

Good old YouTube.

Why would what teams are interested in a player have anything to do with the "fuss". We aren't going to be competing with Man City for players mate lol

Good old YouTube.

All evidence suggests Veerman is the best midfielder in the Eredivise outside of Ajax.

PSV and Feyenoord were after him according to the Dutch media and were priced out. Italian press had Atalanta linked at one point but don’t think they made a move.
If they really wanted him they would not be priced out at the figures mentioned.

Feyenoord are bang average btw.

Which is a move far above the level most of the players we have signed were going to get,

Jack, Kamara, Morelos, Barisic etc weren't going to mid-table Seria A clubs, that's an excellent level of football for a player to be linked to.

Why would what teams are interested in a player have anything to do with the "fuss". We aren't going to be competing with Man City for players mate lol
No shit. :D

There are folk on here desperate to sign him. Only asking what makes them so keen.

If they really wanted him they would not be priced out at the figures mentioned.

Feyenoord are bang average btw.
They were bang average but they’ve now appointed a new coach so who knows how they’ll improve. PSV are still a good side, as shown by their result earlier this week. €8m is a lot of money for the likes of those clubs.

As another poster said, the likes of Barisic, Kamara and Morelos weren’t being linked with moves to Serie A or the big clubs in Holland when we got them and they’ve all done just fine. The Tramps signed Van Dijk from the Eridivisie and there wasn’t a long list of big clubs after him either.

If Rangers interested enough to even consider spending this sort of money then Gerrard must rate him extremely highly.

The argument doesn't really make sense. We sign players that could have 10 teams asking about them or no teams asking. We wont ever know other than what the media tell us or actual bids have been made and its factual.
Agreed. Veerman looks like he's got huge potential so I'll be happy if we get him, but no signing is ever guaranteed to be a success.

No shit. :D

There are folk on here desperate to sign him. Only asking what makes them so keen.

So why mention that only a mid table serie a team are in for him as if it makes a difference? I don't remember beating a long list of teams to Morelos or Barisic lol

Also personally I haven't seen him play and can't really make comment on him other than from what ive read.

Statistical analysis of his performance levels relative to the rest of the league. He also outperforms everyone at Rangers in most metrics.

What people are randomly now saying about Veerman is like saying Morelos is bad because nobody will bid enough for him.
If he signs and becomes our best player using 'metrics' I will be delighted and admit I was wrong to doubt him.

And btw I'd see it as a positive that a couple of serie a clubs have been linked with him. They tend to like their midfielders to be classy on the ball.

So why mention that only a mid table serie a team are in for him as if it makes a difference? I don't remember beating a long list of teams to Morelos or Barisic lol

Also personally I haven't seen him play and can't really make comment on him other than from what ive read.
Fair point. It wasn't the best of reference points.

Point I am trying to make is that I am not sure why there is such a clamour to sign him.

Same (not to the same extent admittedly) as the clamour to sign Zungu.

Well why hasn't there been ques for these players for us? Asking the question. Does it mean they're crap?
Listen mate i know our players are good i dont need you to tell me them. What im asking is for someone to inform me what the mass hysteria is. Going by it i cant understand why no1 wants him and also on our i dont understand why no1 wants them either

Listen mate i know our players are good i dont need you to tell me them. What im asking is for someone to inform me what the mass hysteria is. Going by it i cant understand why no1 wants him and also on our i dont understand why no1 wants them either
All the mid level teams in the big 5 leagues outside EPL (tbh many in EPL will as well to a lesser extent)have cash flow issues after the last18 months. All the big teams from smaller nations will have the same issue. Those are the sort of teams that would be in for a kid like Veerman and similar sort of teams would be in for some of our players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back