Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forster to the rats seems to be on
Yeah, he wasn't up for being there for "the 10" that they thought was guaranteed and all the tainted eternal glory that would have came with it, but he's up for coming back for "the 1" under big Ange B-D

Think it was the sight of the angry mob bricking the the team bus and the reinforced fences that made him wish he was back at torbett towers.

Don't you feckin start cretin :))
giphy.gif

we certainly do

no big sales as the board hinted at, yet

but can’t even seem to shift squad players
No one is doing any business!

the peados only cashed in on their gangly centre back because they needed to pay for the signing they have made plus one or two others

why sell and undercut yourself

If the Kane move happens, it will kick start the entire market. Spurs then need a forward that they buy from club x, who then need a forward they buy from club y.

We seem to struggle to sell players.
Possibly

But if the options were

"We struggle to sell players"

Or

"We struggle to keep hold of players"

I know what one I'd pick.

Perhaps the slow movement on the sales is because we are finally demanding that clubs pay the high fees we know they are worth? I don't know

But I trust the board and Gerrard

Wouldn't describe any of our players as dross. In fact I don't think we've even got a player who isn't capable when relied upon.

Bit weird that.
Jones, Barker, Edmundson, Simpson and arguably Katic(to a lesser extent) are all absolutely dross when compared to the first choice and would all be sold in an ideal world.

Those players are probably costing us about £65k a week.

Barker, Hastie, Middleton.

Hastie likely to be with the B Team seemingly which I have no objection to. He was a freebie and won't be on massive wages.

Middleton also will be pretty cheap on wages, and has been getting a chance to show what he can do in the first team friendlies. I don't think the management team are ready to cut their losses just yet frankly, after what was actually a very good season for him last year as one of St J's main men. Another loan next year of course is highly likely, but that's no bad thing when he can potentially harm Celtic in League and Cup alike.

If we had wanted the fridge sold he would be already. Fact is he is a decent player who either the gaffer thinks will come good or is worth more than was offered. It's not like we are having a fire sale!

Jones and Barker won't be missed, as neither sets the Heather alite but each has shown up in Europe (Barker especially fits Gerrard system in Europe hence being frequently picked in the past) so can hardly be called empty jerseys.

I would not weep at any being sold, but some on here are acting like each is the equivalent of a ncham or eduard running down their contracts to get rich. None are on that big a wage, and each would do a job for us if called upon (with the possible exception of Hastie who just looks like a low risk gamble that probably hasn't come off. So be it.

Too much dross sitting there on decent wages.

Same shit every summer I'm afraid.
It's not really a huge deal, it's not like we have big stars on huge wages who can't be arsed playing.

Barker, Jones and Middleton will all go out on loan again if we can't sell them but I wouldn't say their wages combined are a huge issue.

Obviously we all want them to move on if possible.

It's not really a huge deal, it's not like we have big stars on huge wages who can't be arsed playing.

Barker, Jones and Middleton will all go out on loan again if we can't sell them but I wouldn't say their wages combined are a huge issue.

Jones and Barker signed on as free agents and there are rumours they’re both on close to £10k per week.

That is a huge deal for us to have that much tied up in players that don’t contribute

There were rumours on here last year that Jones and Barker are on about £8-10k a week each. We’ll struggle to get rid of these players on permanent deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back