Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the "serious" chat about our targets comes from outside Rangers, and, if it is regularly discussed, I think its serious. In the last 12 months, there was chatter for months about Roofe, Zungu, Sakala and Lundstram and all signed, that's why I think there's serious interest in Veerman. I don't expect anything before the Malmo tie, but if we beat them, I expect the €5m/£5m to be used to seal the deal.
I'm fairly certain we've talked to his agent and not been frightened by his demands.

Ah George , From Europa league to playing for a team with Ed Sheerns next tour advertised on it , what happens when break rules a guess

On the other hand, he went from playing for Oldham in League Two to Rangers in the Europa League within a matter of months. That's a massive job and it'd be disingenuous to pretend he looked great for us but his time with us ended because of the covid breach. He was error prone and couldn't have shown the management enough in training to make them think he could push for a place, otherwise we wouldn't have been in the market for Jack Simpson.

Ipswich Town are in League One. I don't think he's really playing beneath his level by going there.

On the other hand, he went from playing for Oldham in League Two to Rangers in the Europa League within a matter of months. That's a massive job and it'd be disingenuous to pretend he looked great for us but his time with us ended because of the covid breach. He was error prone and couldn't have shown the management enough in training to make them think he could push for a place, otherwise we wouldn't have been in the market for Jack Simpson.

Ipswich Town are in League One. I don't think he's really playing beneath his level by going there.
The game where he came in against Braga was probably his best in a Rangers jersey, really though he would kick on from there but has lost his way.
His covid misdemeanour last season probably spelt the end for him. I wish him nothing but luck, he lived the dream and there is a player in there. I’m just not sure what level of player yet!

Here is the full SSN interview with Gerrard last week, might have to open YouTube

Interesting when you see Gerrards comments on Alfredos return in context, I didn't get the impression he was frustrated or annoyed, I took it more to have meant he wasn't sure of Covid protocols, rather than he was just having as long as he felt he wanted.

He's 100% pissed off at his agent though.

The game where he came in against Braga was probably his best in a Rangers jersey, really though he would kick on from there but has lost his way.
His covid misdemeanour last season probably spelt the end for him. I wish him nothing but luck, he lived the dream and there is a player in there. I’m just not sure what level of player yet!
Really don’t think it was the Covid issue mate , he has turned up at Ibrox and improved but just not enough . Hopefully he makes that progress at his next port of call and goes on to have a smashing career . He will remain a Ranger .

Last edited:
If the MLS move didn’t materialise I thought he was a cert to join Hearts.

St Johnstone might be at the start of a phase of being a decent team but he deserves a better club than that.
What team in the mls was looking at him mate?

Interesting when you see Gerrards comments on Alfredos return in context, I didn't get the impression he was frustrated or annoyed, I took it more to have meant he wasn't sure of Covid protocols, rather than he was just having as long as he felt he wanted.

He's 100% pissed off at his agent though.

That’s how I took it, pissed off at agent and the weeknob asking the questions

As the thread title say. What’s your opinion of the possibility of some new faces coming in before the transfer window ends.

I’m very pleased with the business done so far and I know much will depend on our ability to keep our big assets like Morelos, Kent, Kamara and also if we can move on some of the players who we know probably won’t make it Barker, Jones, Edmundson etc for varying reasons if we lost any of these players some would need to be replaced.

I did think this tear we would have brought in some real quality for a reasonable fee but are we still short in any areas in your opinion? Have the younger guys who have been on loan last year came back and are ready made to go into the first team?

Can’t see us signing another goalie or a defender we seem to possibly have too many as it stands
Same with strikers, I don’t think we can keep all our strikers content as it is
In midfield we could have an issue if Jack doesn’t get to the level of fitness required and if Davis slows up a bit
If we need anyone it is a midfielder who can boss things for us right in the heart of the midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back