Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem as it stands at the minute is his game time. Tierney was playing 30/40 games as season when he was 18. Patterson is now 19 and only played 16 times for us.

Really frustrating our best prospect is a RB when it’s our captains position. And for what it’s worth, I can’t see them playing much together this season in the same side.

I don’t disagree with you, he does need more game time, but worth noting they absolutely run him into the ground playing him so much so young - there’s a reason he gets called biscuit hips! I trust the management team to get the balance right.

I don’t think our interest in Veerman has ever got beyond him being on our shortlist, I’m not overly bothered about this one.

We continue to scout and recruit players like Kamara, Kent, Aribo, Barisic, Helander and Goldson.
8 think we've recruited really well and we are getting stronger as a team with a stronger depth to the squad. We do need at least one quality player in midfield who can dictate the pace of the game,I know Davis is excellent at that but he can't be asked to play the same amount of games as last year.

I don’t think our interest in Veerman has ever got beyond him being on our shortlist, I’m not overly bothered about this one.
This reminds me of last summer there was strong talk of a real quality midfield addition absolutely nothing happened Zungu was clearly a back up option who we had in mind and he eventually was brought in on loan.

Now with so many midfielders linked and getting Lundstram in early you do wonder if we are playing a waiting game on someone else I get that feeling.

Gerrard is always coy and honest about transfer situations before the weekend the talk was 1/2 more and of course exciting talks with the board was mentioned when we won the league just perhaps the trimming of the squad add in the money guaranteed IF we progress v Malmo might enable one addition if we made the CL then really the funds are there to bring in a real genuine game changer either in midfield/attack.

Probably wishful thinking but we should always be on the lookout to improve our first eleven not just the squad gut instinct is we are pretty much done but I wouldn't be surprised if we push the boat out for at least one more quality addition.

Makes you wonder if the rumoured homesickness has played a part
That and probably never being in for him in a serious way :))

If we make the UCL, then a high quality loanee from Barca or Real would be nice. Let’s think big and aim bigger.

Plenty of talent at clubs like that who would jump at a move

This reminds me of last summer there was strong talk of a real quality midfield addition absolutely nothing happened Zungu was clearly a back up option who we had in mind and he eventually was brought in on loan.

Now with so many midfielders linked and getting Lundstram in early you do wonder if we are playing a waiting game on someone else I get that feeling.

Gerrard is always coy and honest about transfer situations before the weekend the talk was 1/2 more and of course exciting talks with the board was mentioned when we won the league just perhaps the trimming of the squad add in the money guaranteed IF we progress v Malmo might enable one addition if we made the CL then really the funds are there to bring in a real genuine game changer either in midfield/attack.

Probably wishful thinking but we should always be on the lookout to improve our first eleven not just the squad gut instinct is we are pretty much done but I wouldn't be surprised if we push the boat out for at least one more quality addition.
Unless we are moving someone on, I doubt we sign a CM, even if we make it to the champions league group stages.

We have 6 (7 if you include Kelly). We have our 2 players for ever position in CM.

If the subs had stayed at 5 from 9, we might have but with only 3 subs from 7, we would have 2/3 CM's in the stands every league game. That just isn't viable.

The waiting game will be to see whether Kamara gets a big bid or not.

The problem as it stands at the minute is his game time. Tierney was playing 30/40 games as season when he was 18. Patterson is now 19 and only played 16 times for us.

Really frustrating our best prospect is a RB when it’s our captains position. And for what it’s worth, I can’t see them playing much together this season in the same side.
Na i wouldnt argue with any of that tbh.

The same side comments i full agree with, Tav cant play that forward role and removing his ability to join the Attack/Deliver from deep takes away a couple of his best attributes.

Can't see us bringing anyone in until a few are let go tbh, I'd be more than happy with our current squad, especially if we keep our top performers.

Rangers winger Jordan Jones is reportedly on the verge of leaving the club on loan, with Wigan Athletic ready to seal a deal.

The Northern Ireland international joined from Kilmarnock in the summer of 2019 but has struggled to establish himself at Ibrox.

After a promising start he infuriated manager Steven Gerrard by getting himself sent off in a defeat to Celtic, snapping his own cruciate ligament in the process of a wild challenge.

Jones spent the second half of last season on loan at Sunderland, and it appears he's set to be shipped out once again.

According to Will Unwin of the Guardian, Wigan are ready to seal a deal for the 26-year-old, who scored three goals in League One for the Black Cats last season.

It will once again be a loan deal, with Jones set to leave on a temporary basis.

The winger has made just 19 appearances for Rangers since making the move, scoring once.

That goal came in a 5-1 win over Motherwell at Fir Park last season but another disciplinary issue seemed to convince Gerrard not to keep him around.

In November 2020 he was suspended by the club for breaching Covid-19 protocols, along with defender George Edmundson, before being sent to Sunderland.

Would prefer to get some money in for Jones and move him on, but I expect I will be saying the same thing in a years time given that he’s under contract until 2023.

Feyenoord's technical director, Frank Arnesen, confirmed they are interested in him but have said it will be difficult to afford him and no bid has been made.

I've yet to be convinced we were ever interested in him in the first place. All our transfers under Wilson to date have been very silent and very quickly done with no fuss. Neither does Veerman's outspoken manner whenever it appears another club is interested in him fit in with the type of player we would want on our books.
This myth really gets to me. Roofe and Lundstrum were known for over a year before signed. Sakala and Wright also known for while before signed.

We don’t leak as much as we used to but this “nothing gets out of Ibrox” myth is just clearly untrue.

This myth really gets to me. Roofe and Lundstrum were known for over a year before signed. Sakala and Wright also known for while before signed.

We don’t leak as much as we used to but this “nothing gets out of Ibrox” myth is just clearly untrue.
How can you be raging when you don’t know for a fact that the leaks came from us?

Pointless. I'd be doubtful a try before you buy will work for a player like Jones.
Sometimes these deals are structured in a way where they are essentially buying the player but don’t begin payment until the following season, the best we can hope for with Jones is it’s that.

Failing that, I think he’d have one year left upon returning and at that point it might just be better to release him.

Indeed, total nonsense. Its impossible to stop that happening due to the amount of partys involved in transfers.

However Scottish media don’t know about it most of the time, because the ‘leaks’ won’t come from our side.

Almost always comes from the other side.

Heerenveen Technical Director has told Feyenoord they don’t want a player exchange for Veerman. They want cash only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back