Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt expect us to spend big today but if anyone in the Rangers recruitment department was aware that Ali McCann was available for £1m and we havent at least tried to get involved at that price they should be sacked for Gross Negligence.
In the words of our very own FF philosopher @Davie2021 - “forget it”.

I will be very happy if we sign Connor and Glens contract extentions.

People complaining about the board asking fans to dip in our pockets?! The board keeping us operational through soft loans? That board? The board that saved us from insolvency and fought tooth and nail to eradicate onerous contracts, and bloodsuckers from the club. The board that brought us in a few short years from a club not even good enough to get into the Premier league to a club consistently making the knockout rounds of Europe and winning the league?? Without selling a single star player?!

Jeeso man.

Should Gerrard/Wilson be sacked because we didn’t sign a bang average midfielder? We have 10 players in the squad that can play CM, I’ll confidently say 9 of them are better than McCann.

He’s going to Preston for that price for a reason.
Remember the mini-meltdowns on here over Charlie Telfer (currently at Falkirk) being let go to Dundee Utd for a 'paltry' 250k?

What about the people having tantrums about us not signing Jamie Walker?

Remember when it was 'embarrassing' that we wouldn't pay 1m (or 'whatever killie want') for Jordan Jones?

Oh, and Lewis Morgan was another that some sections of FF lost their shit over, particularly cause he went to them. We would rue the day we let them get him for 1m.

In short, plenty of people just catastrophise every signing we don't make. Equally, they are quick to write off the ones we do make as not good enough after about 7 minutes of play.

Jeeso man.

Should Gerrard/Wilson be sacked because we didn’t sign a bang average midfielder? We have 10 players in the squad that can play CM, I’ll confidently say 9 of them are better than McCann.

Slightly tongue in cheek reckon hes undervalued at that price and has bags of potential, and is a different type of midfielder to what we have.

There is a high chance that we lose 3 of those 9 to age and or injury in the next 12-24 months; hence loan him out. (Arfield hasnt offered anything in a few months, How long can Davis maintain this immense form for?, will we ever see Ryan Jack again?)

Tbh you post some good points but I feel we might now be one light in the forward line given Itten has gone on loan at least until January. Maybe the club do believe in him and that is why another forward has not come in this window .

He’s clearly down the pecking order and isn’t going to play ahead of Morelos, Roofe, or Sakala.

He has talent but is maybe lacking confidence so at this stage the loan move might help him find some form with regular football which would be better for us to turn to in January if we need him than having spent 4 months getting hardly any competitive football.

If we don’t need him, we should get a half decent fee at the end of the loan spell if he does well.

We’ve got at least 7 or 8 players in the squad capable of regularly chipping in with goals.

Slightly tongue in cheek reckon hes undervalued at that price and has bags of potential, and is a different type of midfielder to what we have.

There is a high chance that we lose 3 of those 9 to age and or injury in the next 12-24 months; hence loan him out. (Arfield hasnt offered anything in a few months, How long can Davis maintain this immense form for?, will we ever see Ryan Jack again?)

Maybe we spent the last of the budget on an attacking midfielder as we were lighter there for the time being.

I’ll bet if we inquired earlier in the summer they weren’t quoting us 1 million.

It’s the scum who’ve really missed a trick he’d have strengthened them right away so let’s just be glad they were too stupid to see it.

When it comes down to the nitty gritty the 3 players you mentioned are still on the books and are getting paid a packet.

There is absolutely no way we were bringing another CM with that many on the books.

Maybe we spent the last of the budget on an attacking midfielder as we were lighter there for the time being.

I’ll bet if we inquired earlier in the summer they weren’t quoting us 1 million.

It’s the scum who’ve really missed a trick he’d have strengthened them right away so let’s just be glad they were too stupid to see it.
I think its a John McGinn situation. He looked immense in the game in Turkey the other week.

Only 4 months older than Kelly, and looks miles ahead of him IMO.

We will see, career could completely die at PNE, but I reckon in 2 or 3 years we will regret not spunking the mygers cash on him.

I think its a John McGinn situation. He looked immense in the game in Turkey the other week.

We will see, career could completely die at PNE, but I reckon in 2 or 3 years we will regret not spunking the mygers cash on him.

I think he will make the step up no problem and it could easily turn out a mcginn type situation.

But we signed Lundstram early doors, didn’t sell Kamara, and missed out on the CL cash. It’s a big squad and the manager clearly felt Bacuna was more the type of midfielder we needed at the current time.

Didnt expect us to spend big today but if anyone in the Rangers recruitment department was aware that Ali McCann was available for £1m and we havent at least tried to get involved at that price they should be sacked for Gross Negligence.
I'd be quite stunned if that's true - £1m for McCann is daylight robbery. He has loads of potential and getting the opportunity to work with Gerrard, not to mention Davis, Jack and Kamara would have seen him develop into a more than decent player, who I'm certain would have repayed the
£1m fee many times over.

Disappointed we never pursued McCann, I think he is a good player with lots of potential. I would rather take a punt on McCann at £1.2M than sign Bacuna - just a gut feeling, we will see how that pans out.

Anyways, on a more positive note I’m surprised Celtic didn’t go for McCann and our next match is against St Johnstone who are further weakened by the loss of Kerr.

Jeeso man.

Has everyone completely forgotten that we have already signed 4 central midfielders since January (and one for the B team with an eye to the future)? And not had a single significant departure.

How many players do people want us to stockpile? And keep our players. And get Kelly into the team.

If you sit down and try to write down your 18 man squad you can name for a league game, Kelly, Lundstram, Arfield, Bacuna and the lad from Bournemouth probably aren't even making the bench if everyone is available. Unless you are dropping someone that would be a more obvious choice to be in the 18. The squad is huge and resources aren't unlimited.

If you'd told me in May that Goldsen, Tav, Barasic, Hellander, Kamara, Aribo, Hagi and Alfie were still here on September 1st I'd have bitten your hand off for it.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me if there is an option to buy in ittens loan?

I think moving to the bundesliga is potentially excellent business.

Looking at the furth team, they play with 2 strikers, so itten has an excellent chance of being first choice. If he manages to get 10-15 goals in that league, he instantly becomes an 8-10mill striker.

One of the funniest transfer threads in a while.

5n-JOI3-T-d.webp

Disappointed we never pursued McCann, I think he is a good player with lots of potential. I would rather take a punt on McCann at £1.2M than sign Bacuna - just a gut feeling, we will see how that pans out.

Anyways, on a more positive note I’m surprised Celtic didn’t go for McCann and our next match is against St Johnstone who are further weakened by the loss of Kerr.

You're right abut the bheasts...I feel both OF clubs believed the asking price would be around the 3 mil + mark, and decided to hold off for the time being.

I honestly believe if both teams had an inkling that 1 mil. would suffice, thy would have been all over St. J. I'd go out on a limb and say over the piece he'd prove a far better option than Bacuna.

Last edited:
You're right abut the bheasts...I feel both OF clubs believed the asking price would be around the 3 mil + mark, and decided to hold off for the time being.

I honestly believe if both teams had an inkling that 1 mil. would suffice, thy would have been all over St. J. I'd go out on a limb and say over the piece he'd prove a far better option than Bacuna.

How many times have you watched Bacuna?

We head a to McDiarmid Park with a settled squad whilst St. Johnstone have just lost two of their best players. Celtic have found names down the back of the sofa and thrown them all together in a last minute panic.

Go and capitalise on our Old Firm win…

McCann is nowhere near the level of McGinn.

McCann's Preston fee is nowhere near what it wouldve been had we mad an move. Hes a good player and that is a good deal for PNE but Rangers paying double or more that price at this moment would not have been a good deal for us.

Disappointed we didnt perm move on a few more that will not be playing in our XI but very happy we kept our key players for the season as the Europa will again be a big challenge and as much fun as it is to laugh at Celt!c, theyve strengthened their team a lot in the last 4-6 weeks.

We head a to McDiarmid Park with a settled squad whilst St. Johnstone have just lost two of their best players. Celtic have found names down the back of the sofa and thrown them all together in a last minute panic.

Go and capitalise on our Old Firm win…
Zander Clark could be going as well, he's linked with Turkish teams.

Is it the same people losing their shit about us not signing McCann that are equally losing their shit because Kelly hasn’t had much game time?

Kelly deserves to find his way into the team this season, signing McCann would’ve made it harder for him. We’re fine where we are.

As for Nisbet, he’s a better player than many give him credit for (much better imho) but if we were genuinely interested I’d be surprised.

More than happy with the squad we have at this moment in time.

McCann's Preston fee is nowhere near what it wouldve been had we mad an move. Hes a good player and that is a good deal for PNE but Rangers paying double or more that price at this moment would not have been a good deal for us.

Disappointed we didnt perm move on a few more that will not be playing in our XI but very happy we kept our key players for the season as the Europa will again be a big challenge and as much fun as it is to laugh at Celt!c, theyve strengthened their team a lot in the last 4-6 weeks.
Have they though?

Hart is a slight improvement but still a bomb scare and will cost them to drop points throughout the season
Arsefelt looks honking
New LB can’t comment no idea who he is and haven’t seen enough of him
McCarthy is an improvement in the midfield but he’s the token foamy mouthed mentally challenged they sign annually
The Japanese Messi might score against the dross in the league but you seen on Sunday when it gets physical he disappears
The Greek boy that no one west of Holland has heard of him? Toss of a coin signing
Then the 2 panicky lottery loans they forced through at the last minute, reeks of desperation

if I’ve missed anyone out apologies but they’re clearly not worth remembering.

Then let’s not forget that 3 of their supposedly better players Ajer, Christie and Edouard have all abandoned them.

I don’t think they’ve strengthened at all.
So many new faces and it will take time to gel if it ever does.
Time for us to put the foot down and race away from them in the league as I feel they’ll stutter and stumble in the coming months

You want people to lose their livelihood because they don't happen to rate a player as highly as you? Are you a psycho or something?

Thanks for the memories Stevie G, Ross Wilson, the back room team, the entire board, @reyna12 says yous are aw sacked B-D

Last edited:

They’ve lost their captain, top scorer, both centre halves, top 2 attacking players and both starting full backs.

Surprised we never replaced Itten to be honest, was expecting a loan deal or something perhaps but hey ho, did we manage to move Barker on?

Maybe be the biggest difference between McGinn and McCann, ability aside, is CeItic had the ££££ to get McCann and balked.

There’s a distinct possibility that Rangers couldn’t afford the fee / contract.

Maybe be the biggest difference between McGinn and McCann, ability aside, is CeItic had the ££££ to get McCann and balked.

There’s a distinct possibility that Rangers couldn’t afford the fee / contract.

£200k+ a day to keep the lights on at Rangers now.

The board frontloaded investment at got 55 in style, our priority should be securing the services of our better players whose contracts are running down.

Remember the mini-meltdowns on here over Charlie Telfer (currently at Falkirk) being let go to Dundee Utd for a 'paltry' 250k?

What about the people having tantrums about us not signing Jamie Walker?

Remember when it was 'embarrassing' that we wouldn't pay 1m (or 'whatever killie want') for Jordan Jones?

Oh, and Lewis Morgan was another that some sections of FF lost their shit over, particularly cause he went to them. We would rue the day we let them get him for 1m.

In short, plenty of people just catastrophise every signing we don't make. Equally, they are quick to write off the ones we do make as not good enough after about 7 minutes of play.
I remember all of them.

Btw, where are they now?

Scum have bought a load of players Aye, strengthened on the squad of last couple years? Time will tell but looks like downgrades all over the park tbh. Time will tell .
Bodies in the door doesn't automatically mean improved.

They haven't strengthened though, have they?

Goalkeeper aside, they've downgraded their strongest 11 from last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back