Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luckily my knowledge of football broadens beyond the gates of Ibrox then eh?
Youre not seriously claiming you watched a fair bit of huddersfield the last few years surely to %^*&. Im not believing anyone who wasnt a huddersfield fan would do such a thing.

Aye I bet you have watched Bacuna in depth mate haha mental judging a guy thats no kicked a ball.
Just noticed this post, if i had earlier i wouldnt have bothered replying to that pish cos you hit the nail on the head. An encyclopedic Knowledge of lower championship football, my arsehole!!

Youre not seriously claiming you watched a fair bit of huddersfield the last few years surely to %^*&. Im not believing anyone who wasnt a huddersfield fan would do such a thing.
My mate is a Huddersfield fan and watches all matches.

He reckons Bacuna is a good player and never let them down. He thinks that going to a better team and being surrounded by better players will only improve him.

Only time will tell, but the (admittedly limited) opinion of Huddersfield fans seems to be that he will do well with us.

just heard interview on talksport with Ivan Toney, he told Ally he had a chance to sign for them (which is common knowledge) but also us, Ally was surprised and so am I, shame it never happened

Last edited:
just heard interview on talksport with Ivan Toney, he told Ally he had a chance to sign fo them(which is common knowledge) but also us, Ally was surprised and so am I, shame it never happened

We were linked with Ivan Toney a number of times, at 5.5 million he would have been an incredible signing, he is tailor-made for scottish football.

I'd had taken him over roofe tbh, the size of him, I agree he'd had been a good fit for this league

Without a doubt. Would be a monster in this league but we couldn’t compete with wages of Brentford and I don’t believe he would’ve seriously considered moving up here.

We were linked with Ivan Toney a number of times, at 5.5 million he would have been an incredible signing, he is tailor-made for scottish football.
£5.5m was just the start of it, Peterborough ended up/will end up with £10m for him, I’d be surprised if we considered paying that.

I would have been very critical if we stumped up anywhere near that, for a guy playing in league 1. Obviously with hindsight he’d have been a good signing, probably.

Without a doubt. Would be a monster in this league but we couldn’t compete with wages of Brentford and I don’t believe he would’ve seriously considered moving up here.
He was genuinely interested in a move to Celtic, was at their training ground waiting to sign the contract, but Lawwell pulled it at the last minute - (Probably didn’t want to pay the add ons)

He’s actually spoke several times about how disappointed he was that it never got over the line, thankfully.

Last edited:
Glad Toney never signed with them. Really good player!
He wasn't even close to signing for them. Celtic as usual tried to low-ball Peterborough by offering 5m when minimum they were looking for was 10m but you'd think he was at Parkhead ready to sign but then changed his mind at the last second with the way the Tims go on about it.

He wasn't even close to signing for them. Celtic as usual tried to low-ball Peterborough by offering 5m when minimum they were looking for was 10m but you'd think he was at Parkhead ready to sign but then changed his mind at the last second with the way the Tims go on about it.
As said, he was at Parkhead/Lennoxtown waiting to sign - has said so several times :))

He said Celtic seemed to do a U-turn last minute, most likely due to the sell on clauses Boro wanted.

He’s said himself he was there ready for the medical and to sing, lawell panicked at the last minute.

As said, he was at Parkhead/Lennoxtown waiting to sign - has said so several times :))

He said Celtic seemed to do a U-turn last minute, most likely due to the sell on clauses Boro wanted.
I've totally picked it up wrong then. My bad. Was sure Celtic didn't offer anywhere near enough....aye ehhh thank f*ck they never signed him.B-D

It wouldn't have made hee haw difference if he signed for Celtic, Lennon would only have had him getting the bacon rolls in to cure his stinking hangover, he loved to waste and fall out with a player

Genuinely came on here looking for updates on Veerman. Disappointing. Has nobody got eyes on him right now?!?

Their top performer thus far. Scored against Feyenoord the other week, 1 goal and 4 assists, most amount of chances created, 2 MotM awards and an overall pass completion % of 78%. 27 chances created in 7 Eredivise matches. Looks like he’s having a decent season.

just heard interview on talksport with Ivan Toney, he told Ally he had a chance to sign for them (which is common knowledge) but also us, Ally was surprised and so am I, shame it never happened
I remember you banging the Toney drum before he signed for Brentford and how you were desperate for us to sign him. You’ve been vindicated right enough!

Here We Go Again ...

giphy.webp

I fully expect Gio, Dave Vos and Roy McKaay will have loads of potential players in mind.This window will give Gio his opportunity to make his own stamp on the team.Given he made not a bad fist of the Gerard team,I think the future will be bright for us.

I fully expect Gio, Dave Vos and Roy McKaay will have loads of potential players in mind.This window will give Gio his opportunity to make his own stamp on the team.Given he made not a bad fist of the Gerard team,I think the future will be bright for us.
He should have done that in December and told Wilson to gtf.

Shiver down the spine reading that initial post and seeing the name Santos Borre. How little we knew.

• Sad
Reactions: Moz
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back