Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve not been impressed with Croatia recently. I think England will beat them comfortably and Scotland may beat them as well. I see the Czechs as a bigger threat than Croatia. Controversial, I know.:)
I disagree - England always have trouble against skillful, highly technical teams - which Croatia are - I opting for a draw. Croatia will narrowly beat Scotland IMO.

On the subject of Borna, if he shows up well against both England and Scotland - then I anticipate Rangers receiving multiple offers from EPL and continental teams for his services. I can only hope that our scouting staff will be making contingency plans for this and will have identified a suitable Borna replacement.

People need to realise, we have to sell.

We’re still running on soft loans, we have a new share issue. There are basic costs to cover.

We need to move the business model forward and that means, selling a star.

Appreciate everyone has opinions on who it should be. I love Borna and Bassey/Doig are no where near his level, but he’s also peak years. Keep him for another year and I’m not convinced you get top money for a 29 year old left back?

I hope he stays, but if he goes, suspect £15m is the top end and a reasonable price.

a

We’re still running on soft loans, we have a new share issue. There are basic costs to cover.

Appreciate everyone has opinions on who it should be. I love Borna and Bassey/Doig are no where near his level, but he’s also peak years. Keep him for another year and I’m not convinced you get top money for a 29 year old left back?

I hope he stays, but if he goes, suspect £15m is the top end and a reasonable price.
I agree.

Our fans seems to attribute unjustified values for our players, suppose every fan base does it.

My favourite was the “£6m for Barrie McKay” campaign.

You don't not from Scotland. If he has a stormer in Euros top is 15 as you say imo. Between 10 and 15 is my guess if we are to sell. Its this summer or never as far as Borna is concerned. If we keep him I would be happy. But if we get 12 million plus for him I wouldn't be sad either if that makes sense.

This, in a nutshell
Borna may have to go but replacing him will be a massive job. He contributes so much in the system we play. Either that changes or we’ve scouted exceptionally well for his replacement
Yeah just look at how many goals are scored from pinpoint crosses from Borna domestically and in Europe ,it's a signature move . I think he also takes the pressure off Tav!

Even 15 million for Barisic is ambitious. He's 28 who has played in Croatia, Scotland and the Europa League. He has also seemingly lost his spot for Croatia right before the Euros start which won't help. Puchacz who was touted as a option to replace Barisic was sold to a Bundesliga club for 3 million. I understand that the English market is typically who we will sell to and they pay more but people need to temper expectations for fees with certain players. Same with Goldson, regardless of how well they have played clubs aren't going to be offering 15 or 20 million for these players.

Even 15 million for Barisic is ambitious. He's 28 who has played in Croatia, Scotland and the Europa League. He has also seemingly lost his spot for Croatia right before the Euros start which won't help. Puchacz who was touted as a option to replace Barisic was sold to a Bundesliga club for 3 million. I understand that the English market is typically who we will sell to and they pay more but people need to temper expectations for fees with certain players. Same with Goldson, regardless of how well they have played clubs aren't going to be offering 15 or 20 million for these players.
When you factor in age the players we could get the 20 plus million for are Kamara,Morelos,Kent. Between 10 and 20 it's Borna, Goldson, Helander probably missed a few out.

Are we in danger of over valuing our players as a support? The bottom line is players in Scotland have a ceiling when it comes to their value. Tierney went for 25m but we also need to factor in Covid and the impact that has had on the finances of clubs. Daniel Levy was talking today about how it's impacting Spurs budget for next season.

We can say we will get 20m for this player or that player but it's all noise really on our part until we actually bring in that level of fee for a player.

Are we in danger of over valuing our players as a support? The bottom line is players in Scotland have a ceiling when it comes to their value. Tierney went for 25m but we also need to factor in Covid and the impact that has had on the finances of clubs. Daniel Levy was talking today about how it's impacting Spurs budget for next season.

We can say we will get 20m for this player or that player but it's all noise really on our part until we actually bring in that level of fee for a player.
Yeah, a lot of our fans do it.

Just setting themselves up for a fall/moan/rage/rage at the board.

Tierney was also 21 and got a lot of praise off the English media for performances against Man City in the CL.

Tierney was also 21 and got a lot of praise off the English media for performances against Man City in the CL.

Yeah proving yourself in the CL is what will bring you to the attention of English Clubs as well. As much as we love The Europa and the likes of Alfie and Kent have excelled there at times it's not really rated in England as the top level.

If Alfie and Kent were to turn in some devastating performances in the CL then that's what will really make the English clubs stand up and take notice.

I think around 15m in the current market is likely to be the top end of what we would get for one of our assets this summer.

Reactions: cav

I think we under value our players.
There's a thread on KDS about six pages absolutely slating Ajer, destroying every part of his game but towards the end of it they are up in arms that he could be leaving for less than 10 million.

Nail on the head there mate- we make the Champions League groups and players performing at that level increases the value of them.

It's a tricky call for the recruitment team this summer when bids start to come in -

And they will.

I think we under value our players.
There's a thread on KDS about six pages absolutely slating Ajer, destroying every part of his game but towards the end of it they are up in arms that he could be leaving for less than 10 million.

You see similar on here. Hagi isn't fast enough we need a new right sided forward etc then the same posters saying he's worth 15m.

Yeah proving yourself in the CL is what will bring you to the attention of English Clubs as well. As much as we love The Europa and the likes of Alfie and Kent have excelled there at times it's not really rated in England as the top level.

If Alfie and Kent were to turn in some devastating performances in the CL then that's what will really make the English clubs stand up and take notice.

I think around 15m in the current market is likely to be the top end of what we would get for one of our assets this summer.
I think Alfie and Kent could fetch £18-20m.

The rest between £10-15m like you suggest.
Nail on the head there mate- we make the Champions League groups and players performing at that level increases the value of them.

It's a tricky call for the recruitment team this summer when bids start to come in -

And they will.
Definitely mate

Reactions: cav

Said it before, but I'm convinced we're still viewed by others as skint and desperate because we still haven't made that one big sale since our return back to the Premiership

Morelos apart, we never seem to get any serious bids for our players. All we get is the usual shitey bids from West Brom and the likes of £2.5m for Tav etc.

FWIW, I'm convinced Goldson will be our first "big" sale for £8/9m this summer.

I really only think Alfie and Kent for the first part, rightly to wrongly I think we’d settle on about £15m for Kamara.
I think you're wrong. Kamara could play for a decent team not cannon fodder in any of the top 4 leagues imo easily. He's 1 of the few in Scotland that I think would need next to no adjustment time going to a better league. 20 should be starting bid imo.

I think you're wrong. Kamara could play for a decent team not cannon fodder in any of the top 4 leagues imo easily. He's 1 of the few in Scotland that I think would need next to no adjustment time going to a better league. 20 should be starting bid imo.
I think he could play in any league myself lol, I just don’t see us getting more than £15m for him.

Not to pick on yourself EB, but I’m interested in knowing how you come to that type of conclusion.
I think that’s the most we’d get offered Tazza, and I think the board would take it seeing as we are yet to make a big sale.

Just my opinion of course mate!.

Perhaps. But the media can talk all they like about how Alfie will be sold for £8m... But it ain't true until we accept the offer. Their value is determined by us ultimately. Its not an auction where we need to sell. If no-one meets our value, they will stay - simple as that!

Our board have shown they are not under-valuing the players and are rejecting unsatisfactory bids. That is their value. As Gerrard said - anyone who wants one of his players they had better bring an army!

From what I’ve seen of Doig he is nowhere near the level of Borna. We simply cannot sell him unless we buy quality to replace him. His crossing ability would be sorely missed, he’s a vital cog. Don’t get this fascination with Doig, Hibs want too much for him. He would be a project and could turn into a good player for us but we don’t know. He looks a bit lightweight, I wouldn’t feel comfortable going into the season with him as our first choice LB. You would like to think we have a list of players for each position in case we lose anyone.

Surprised so many people seem to think Barisic is easily better than Papac. I think Borna is a more modern full back/wing back but I think both players were/are excellent.

Selling Barisic would make financial sense but replacing him with Doig would be a massive risk.

There is no doubt clubs will be impacted financially by Covid.
However, there is just as little doubt that clubs will use this to drive down what they want to bid.
Will they do the same with outgoing transfers?
Will Spurs still be looking for nine figures for Kane?
I think that’s what I’d be waiting to see before allowing ourselves to bullied into accepting lower offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back