Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Against slavia we looked not as fit, weaker and slower than them in every sense, that’s got to be the level we push past in Europe and to do that we need to add pace and power to the squad, if we push past that we will continue winning leagues no bother
We were hungover in the first leg and still managed to draw,but as you say that has to be our aim. I still think we could beat them at our strongest.

Available for €4 million due to a clause in his contract but the fact he is 29 wouldnt fit in with our model unfortunately talented player though without question
At that price though I'd hope we were at least considering it - he's a potential gamechanger and would take us up a level I would think.

I
Available for €4 million due to a clause in his contract but the fact he is 29 wouldnt fit in with our model unfortunately talented player though without question
If he’s available for that we should be all over that signing he’s outstanding.
Never mind sell on value we have plenty of young players for that.

I

If he’s available for that we should be all over that signing he’s outstanding.
Never mind sell on value we have plenty of young players for that.
As I said earlier though he's a Dutch international who will be on a hefty wage

Wonder how much Joel Pohjanpalo would cost. The big Finn striker. Think he’s a Leverkusen player.

Liked what I’ve seen of him.
I like him as well he was good at Hamburg 2 seasons ago then spent last season on loan at Union Berlin. What puts me off us signing him is his injury record he missed nearly 2 months of the season with an injury. Union have the option to buy him and his Leverkusen contract is up next summer.

Reactions: cav
Effectively 6th choice he will be gone he's finished with us.
Could see him being 4th choice for next season. Said previously I think Katic will go on loan to play matches and I think Edmundson is better than Simpson from what we've seen so far. Edmundson had got ahead of Katic as well before his injury.

I did think he was done with us after the covid breaches but if we've knocked back offers already for him then Gerrard must be willing to give him another go.

Could see him being 4th choice for next season. Said previously I think Katic will go on loan to play matches and I think Edmundson is better than Simpson from what we've seen so far. Edmundson had got ahead of Katic as well before his injury.

I did think he was done with us after the covid breaches but if we've knocked back offers already for him then Gerrard must be willing to give him another go.
Simpson has just been signed and was a long term target of Gerrard's he will stick with him over Edmundson

More chance of Edmundson going with Katic/Simpson going out on loan with another quality go to defender coming in I reckon the links/interest in Okumu/Doekhi seem to suggest that.

I'll be brutally honest Katic needs games and a season out on loan and Simpson doesn't look up to it and only Balogun is good cover for our main pairings of Goldson/Helander so another defender coming in could be possible.

Simpson has just been signed and was a long term target of Gerrard's he will stick with him over Edmundson
Possibly yeah you might be right. Personally I would loan Simpson out as well and get him to go play games since he hasn't played much football but it probably won't happen.

More chance of Edmundson going with Katic/Simpson going out on loan with another quality go to defender coming in I reckon the links/interest in Okumu/Doekhi seem to suggest that.

I'll be brutally honest Katic needs games and a season out on loan and Simpson doesn't look up to it and only Balogun is good cover for our main pairings of Goldson/Helander so another defender coming in could be possible.
Yeah agree on Katic he's missed too much football so a loan for a season to make up for lost time. I think Simpson has done OK but agree about a loan for him as well he's not played much football in his career so playing games week in week out would be good for him but don't see it happening.

This is nonsense. He did absolutely fine at Derby and has several championship clubs willing to spend almost 1m to sign him.
He played 10 times for Derby, losing 6 and conceding 20 goals. They won 2 games he played in and he only played 48 and 45 mins in these games. I watched most of the games and he was mostly all over the place. In case you didn't know Derby stayed up in the last game of the season.

If any team were going to spend £1m on him he would already be away.

Seeing as we appear to have run out of rumours on here, I see that we have been connected with Santos Borre, a 25 year old Columbian international. His contract with River Plate is finishing up and he will be available on a Bosman. Apparently, River valued him at $15m. Probably nonsense, but nice to see us being linked with players around the world.

If we end up selling one of our centre backs, maybe we'll finally get big Tosin Adarabioyo in. Cracking player.
And Smail Prevljak mate.

Maybe then we'll finally get the commission we so richly deserve for touting them every window and retire to sunnier climes.
:))

Reactions: Egt
@derbyloyal will probably tell you otherwise
I go on what I see myself mate. Nothing against him but he has never been the quality we need. No idea why some on here suddenly are making out he is.
That is just ignorance. Ahead of the last game of the season I asked on the Derby forum for their thoughts and they overwhelmingly wanted to keep him and had him in their preferred 11s. That despite being badly hindered by injuries and joining a team in free fall.
So other posts mate before posting rubbish like this.

Seeing as we appear to have run out of rumours on here, I see that we have been connected with Santos Borre, a 25 year old Columbian international. His contract with River Plate is finishing up and he will be available on a Bosman. Apparently, River valued him at $15m. Probably nonsense, but nice to see us being linked with players around the world.
Good rumour!

What position is he GD ? What kind of player mate ?

What position is he GD ? What kind of player mate ?
He’s a striker, in the Kenny Miller mould - quick and good on the counter. Not the worst goal return, but not the best either.

I doubt there’s anything in it though, we are well stocked in the forward line as it stands.

A bit like Alfie, he struggles to get any real game time for the NT.

Edit: I’d take him by the way!.

Last edited:
Possibly yeah you might be right. Personally I would loan Simpson out as well and get him to go play games since he hasn't played much football but it probably won't happen.
I think it was difficult for simpson he came in half way through a season to a team which was flying , i thought he did ok and with a full pre season with us he will be ok

Pinch of salt given the source, but my word what a coup that would be.
If it was a case of selling Alfie for £18m+ and replacing him with Borre on a free it would be unreal business, can't see it happening though. I reckon Borre will be asking quite a bit in wages and he's already been linked with a few teams in the prem and Serie A.

Pinch of salt given the source, but my word what a coup that would be.

If he comes in you would think somebody up front has to go. I'm undecided about the clubs intentions/strategy at this stage in the window.

I would hazard a guess that since the window will still be open after all CL qualifying rounds have been played might they not wait till then to finalise big deals?

Qualification for the groups would obviously have a massive impact on the finances. And I keep wondering if the likes of Alfie is intent on staying for CL groups if we make it but might decided to get out if we don't.

If it was a case of selling Alfie for £18m+ and replacing him with Borre on a free it would be unreal business, can't see it happening though. I reckon Borre will be asking quite a bit in wages and he's already been linked with a few teams in the prem and Serie A.
Aye.

Inter and Lazio seem to be linked often, however I’m not sure if that’s genuine of his agent whoring him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back