Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, Watford fan in peace.

Secondly, just trying to find out more about Kamara. Obviously we’ve been linked a lot recently, personally I think it’s just paper talk. However on the basis that it isn’t, what are the positives and negatives about him?
Technically excellent but he is not aggressive enough , either in getting into scoring/shooting positions or getting into the opposition penalty area.
He's Arsenal trained, very composed on the ball. He could play for any top team in the EPL but his lack of attacking aggression holds him back.

Firstly, Watford fan in peace.

Secondly, just trying to find out more about Kamara. Obviously we’ve been linked a lot recently, personally I think it’s just paper talk. However on the basis that it isn’t, what are the positives and negatives about him?
Technically excellent, press resistent and cracking feet and uses his body well he should definitely have more goals and assists than he gets though but he's does have a more defensively minded role in our midfield

Last edited:
The fact we got him for 50k is unbelievable is my first positive. He's an incredibly talented footballer , rarely loses possession, high rate of interceptions every game he plays. Can take the ball in small areas with no hesitation and get himself out of what would look like bad situations for others , with great ease. European level football does not faze him. Incredibly consistent, a real players player imo. A player fans won't fully appreciate until he leaves. Very hard to replace for the value we paid for him. His only downfall would say is possibly not going forward more and getting shots off, as he has the technical quality to take people on , although I do not think that is his role in our team. He could play EPL with no issues at all and he will only get better with more quality around him.

So very true. Ill be absolutely gutted to see Kamara leave, a quality footballer who every player and coach raves about. That interview with Aribo where he discusses how good Kamara is shows the level of appreciation he has amongst the squad.

We dont need them getting players like Borre its better the way they are!
They will sign players, spend a bit of money and improve as they can’t possibly be worse than they were last season which was an absolute car crash for them.

If they have more calamity in the transfer market, great, but we can’t rely on that. Ditto the merits or otherwise of Postecoglu.

But we still hold the cards, have the quality players and settled team / management that should prove telling. If we can improve further through player trading and CL qualification, even more so.

Never seen Santos Borre play. Is he any good?

Doesn’t exactly come cheap so that rules both us and them out.
He didn’t look anything great from his highlights (I know). Especially at the outlay it would require for wages, I’d say absolutely no chance. We could do far better. Just my opinion

I thought he was an attacking midfielder before I read he’s a striker, his finishing was awful

So very true. Ill be absolutely gutted to see Kamara leave, a quality footballer who every player and coach raves about. That interview with Aribo where he discusses how good Kamara is shows the level of appreciation he has amongst the squad.
I agree bud

Interesting to see long time target (or lazy journalists repeating stories) Emmanuel Dennis join Watford for buttons....£3.5m from Club brugges.

Thanks for all the responses. Kamara sounds like a quality player based on what you’ve all said. If he’s as good as you’ve all stated, then I highly doubt we have a chance of signing him.

As for not being able to afford him/offer him enough, we all know the money in the Prem stupid, so from a financial perspective, affording him is the easiest part. If the salary websites are to be believed, Kamara earns £6,200 p/w with you. Probably not true, but even if you said he’s on £15k p/w, we could easily double that and it wouldn’t hurt us at all.

Again though, I don’t believe we’re in for him, just paper talk. However, based on what you’ve all said, I hope we sign him, sounds like the real deal.

Thanks for all the responses. Kamara sounds like a quality player based on what you’ve all said. If he’s as good as you’ve all stated, then I highly doubt we have a chance of signing him.

As for not being able to afford him/offer him enough, we all know the money in the Prem stupid, so from a financial perspective, affording him is the easiest part. If the salary websites are to be believed, Kamara earns £6,200 p/w with you. Probably not true, but even if you said he’s on £15k p/w, we could easily double that and it wouldn’t hurt us at all.

Again though, I don’t believe we’re in for him, just paper talk. However, based on what you’ve all said, I hope we sign him, sounds like the real deal.
I think it is worth noting that although he was great last season, the one before that he was not so popular. I would go as far to say that some would have called him a liability. He put in same appaling performances. Often took far too much time on the ball. Anyway good luck next season whether you sign him or not.

Best of luck next season WFC.

I think it is worth noting that although he was great last season, the one before that he was not so popular. I would go as far to say that some would have called him a liability. He put in same appaling performances. Often took far too much time on the ball. Anyway good luck next season whether you sign him or not.

The 'some' being the same few idiots who wanted Tav, Alfie, Borna, Kent, Jack, Aribo etc punted after a few average performances.
Kamara made a few mistakes by trying to play out at all times (as instructed by management), I don't recall any 'appaling' performances.
Hopefully we keep him, he's a vital cog in our MF, in my opinion.

What a pile of pish, liability my arse.

how much would you be expecting the fee to be ? Out of curiosity:) or what type of money do you reckon Watford would pay?

I've got absolutely no idea where you've got this nonsense from but it's not from watching rangers games

maybe not a liability, but the lad is right that he was on the end of criticism.

we should also remember the consensus on here after the livi game in august 2020 was that kamara and jack shouldn't play together.

Why is it a poor loan move?

He‘ll get premier league football every week and the manager, Farke, seems the type who likes to play good football.

I think it’ll be a really good loan for him and Norwich.
He had Serie A teams after him before clubs changed their managers.

Getting skelped every other week also due to the managers gung ho style is a debate for another day.

tenor.gif

maybe not a liability, but the lad is right that he was on the end of criticism.

we should also remember the consensus on here after the livi game in august 2020 was that kamara and jack shouldn't play together.
It was the blind passes across the pitch he kept attempting and giving the ball away. He's learned from those mistakes.

That cup game at Ibrox against Aberdeen where he gifted them a goal in the opening minutes and we got knocked out comes to mind.

It did happen but it was hardly often and hardly enough to make him a liability.
It was quite often but he was usually able to play his way out of trouble. His style at times was too risky and you can see that has now been coached out of him.

Fuckin pish

How would a fan know that? :))
I never said he knows what Watfords board are planning on paying:)) If someone asked us how much we'd pay for their player we'd be able to say something like "I don't know but it's very unlikely we'd pay more than 7-8 million for anyone and that's pushing it". What I was fishing for was to find out whether he thinks his club could afford the type of fee that rangers fans on here are expecting, also I was basically asking what he thinks Glen is worth and what kind of ball part fee he thought would be involved.

Any time we are linked with a player we all have an opinion on what we think the player would be worth and all have an opinion on a maximum amount we think rangers would pay. In this regard I was asking his opinion on Glen kamara

I never said he knows what Watfords board are planning on paying:)) If someone asked us how much we'd pay for their player we'd be able to say something like "I don't know but it's very unlikely we'd pay more than 7-8 million for anyone and that's pushing it". What I was fishing for was to find out whether he thinks his club could afford the type of fee that rangers fans on here are expecting, also I was basically asking what he thinks Glen is worth and what kind of ball part fee he thought would be involved.

Any time we are linked with a player we all have an opinion on what we think the player would be worth and all have an opinion on a maximum amount we think rangers would pay. In this regard I was asking his opinion on Glen kamara

Watford are in the premiership mate of course they could easily afford whatever we value Kamara at.

Watford reported one of the interested clubs in Rafael Santos Borré so if Kamara is unlikely at least this thread might give you some insight into Borré.

how much would you be expecting the fee to be ? Out of curiosity:) or what type of money do you reckon Watford would pay?

Our owner is a cheap skate. So I would fully expect us to bid £8-10mil just to piss you all off. Then he will turn around and say we tried. That’s usually the waffle we get. We never pay what any club ever wants. Which is frustrating at times. For example, if a club wants £15mil for a player, we will offer £10-12mil. Try to unsettle the player, get him to hand in a transfer request and force a move. Exactly what we did with Lewis Ferguson a few weeks ago at Aberdeen. They want £4mil plus. We offered £1.2mil rising to £2mil. Got rejected, Ferguson handed in a transfer request. So then we offered £2mil, rising to £3mil. Got rejected, we haven’t bid again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back