Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it depends whether the investors are prepared to cover the losses again or if player sales will be expected to cover them. From what's been put on here with Veerman he's no interest in leaving Holland but you're right with Atalanta and I'm guessing they will be able to pay higher wages than us. Just don't see him as a realistic option to be honest.
The right time to sign Veerman would have been the summer before last when he was picked up from their second tier for £495k. Another example of the gems that are there to be found with good scouting. Incredible that he only cost that at 21 years old. We big up players in Scotland with a fraction of his talent who would cost at the very least 4/5 times that.

All successful Rangers sides have the blend of the best players from Scotland along with smart foreign imports. Our scouting has been a level above especially since the arrival of Wilson. Naturally not every signing will work out that is the just the way it is. I always hope we go and look at players in maybe 'lesser leagues' cause there is still quality to be found e.g. Norway, Poland on top of bringing in guys like Wright.

Scots Sports editor Gavin McCafferty over on twitter stating Allan Campbell leaving Motherwell at the end of the season. I don't watch any other football other than us so can't really comment on whether he would do us a turn as a young Scot but I recall hearing his named banded about on other threads on here.
I take it though from his wiki etc he may be more inclined to the grey side of Glasgow

Scots Sports editor Gavin McCafferty over on twitter stating Allan Campbell leaving Motherwell at the end of the season. I don't watch any other football other than us so can't really comment on whether he would do us a turn as a young Scot but I recall hearing his named banded about on other threads on here.
I take it though from his wiki etc he may be more inclined to the grey side of Glasgow
He's been linked with Millwall

The right time to sign Veerman would have been the summer before last when he was picked up from their second tier for £495k. Another example of the gems that are there to be found with good scouting. Incredible that he only cost that at 21 years old. We big up players in Scotland with a fraction of his talent who would cost at the very least 4/5 times that.
Yeah agreed on that not sure how big our scouting department actually is now but hopefully we would be looking in the 2nd division in Holland for potential bargains.

Decent enough but we need a higher quality now in midfield than what’s already there.

Midfield is key in strengthening as I think we lack some quality in there still. Davis and Kamara aside

Probably need to get McLaughlin and Arfield to sign extended contracts - as well as the obvious one of Goldson.

Fair number running out in 2023 as well, but they can probably wait until the turn of the year.

Didn't realise Hastie was out of contract this Summer either. (EDIT: he isn't, OP is incorrect). I wonder where he, Stewart and Murphy will end up?
I wouldnt jump the gun with arfield , give it to xmas.
One year extension tops.

Rangers fan according to people on here

Decent enough but we need a higher quality now in midfield than what’s already there.

Midfield is key in strengthening as I think we lack some quality in there still. Davis and Kamara aside
I agree that midfield is the place we need to focus a first team upgrade on, but we do also need to consider the home grown requirement a little and whether someone on a bosman would be a good squad player to ensure we meet the requirements. I just don't know the player that well and whether he would have the attributes to kick on with our coaching.

Going to Hibs, also could be going to Millwall.

Supports Rangers, but might also support Motherwell or Celtic.
I do love a good transfer rumour thread.

I rate him, not sure if he would be good enough for Rangers but he'd be a very good signing for Hibs if they get him.
No idea who he supports but there is definite strong interest from Hibs and the player has spoken to them. Millwall are latecomers but could 'pinch' him from Hibs.

No idea who he supports but there is definite strong interest from Hibs and the player has spoken to them. Millwall are latecomers but could 'pinch' him from Hibs.
I would expect Millwall could offer him more money . They would give him much more of a profile down south. He could develop a good career down there

Last edited:
I think the front right slot is fine with Wright/Aribo.
Need a centre midfield class act (Veerman/Gilmour? ) and an energetic attacking right side midfielder. Any big money transfer activity involving Morelos, Kamara or Barisic would mean additional direct replacements required. Thinning out the fringe players such as Stewart and Jones could bring in some money and hopefully replace these positions from our youth teams.

IMO, Rangers 'crown jewel' has to be Ryan Kent, I'd be shocked if the club didn't have to fend off multiple big money bids for his services over the summer.

Morelos has likely played his last season at Ibrox.

If Barisic has a good UEFA Europe this summer, then he too, could well be for the off.

It's also not unreasonable to presume that Helander, Hagi, and Kamara might be the subject of transfer bids.

The upshot of this could find Rangers awash in transfer cash, but then needing to replace half of the current first team squad - in addition, of course, to any new signings that were originally being contemplated.

I agree with you on the Slavia match Russell. At the point Roofe gets the red we had started to gain superiority.

Im shit at these things but it’s Ross Wilson’s comments when Sakala signed mate. He said Gerrard was looking for pace & energy or something similar.
Yeah even with Roofe getting sent off I would have liked to see if we could have tested the young keeper with a few set plays/ corners but then big Balogun gets sent off & they score direct from that free kick..tie was done.

Gerrard mentioned in today’s presser about adding Sakala will bring needed pace to the front line.

Its going to be an interesting summer...my priority would be to keep Ryan Kent and then Buf. No matter who moves on I doubt we will be letting anyone out the door until CL qualifiers are done. I’ll be nervous for us.

IMO, Rangers 'crown jewel' has to be Ryan Kent, I'd be shocked if the club didn't have to fend off multiple big money bids for his services over the summer.

If Barisic has a good UEFA Europe this summer, then he too, could well be for the off.

It's also not unreasonable to presume that Helander, Hagi, and Kamara might be the subject of transfer bids.

The upshot of this could find Rangers awash in transfer cash, but then needing to replace half of the current first team squad - in addition, of course, to any new signings that were originally being contemplated.
There’s no way Ge55ard would stand for us selling 4-5 key players this summer...if we don’t qualify for CL then I’d guess 2 could move on. What’s the point ripping/ selling up a Championship winning squad.

Granted if the moneys right players will eventually move on but not 4-5 key players this summer in my opinion.

There’s no way Ge55ard would stand for us selling 4-5 key players this summer...if we don’t qualify for CL then I’d guess 2 could move on. What’s the point ripping/ selling up a Championship winning squad.

Granted if the moneys right players will eventually move on but not 4-5 key players this summer in my opinion.
Even if things go horribly wrong in Europe AND hefty bids came in for players who were receptive to leaving I don't think SG would allow any more than three leave at a push.
More likely one or two will go on our terms for acceptable fees to allow a portion of the money to be reinvested in new players coming in.

Yeah even with Roofe getting sent off I would have liked to see if we could have tested the young keeper with a few set plays/ corners but then big Balogun gets sent off & they score direct from that free kick..tie was done.

Gerrard mentioned in today’s presser about adding Sakala will bring needed pace to the front line.

Its going to be an interesting summer...my priority would be to keep Ryan Kent and then Buf. No matter who moves on I doubt we will be letting anyone out the door until CL qualifiers are done. I’ll be nervous for us.

You think it’ll happen after the qualifiers ?

I hope you’re right, as the qualifiers benefit will be massive if successful Russell.

Keeping Kent is vital, and although I’m expecting Alfredo to go, we really do need to replace him with similar attributes, as he’s shown himself to be vital to how we play.

In fact, it could be argued that those two & Borna are our most vital players in that we don’t have anything close to them if we had to replace them. I’d have had Tav in there too until young Nathan burst onto the scene so impressively.

Despite so many other good players, the others have closer substitutes / replacements.

We would be absolutely mental selling a few players with auto champions league the following year. So get thru next year and win the league and its champions league dough instead of bodies being sold

You think it’ll happen after the qualifiers ?

I hope you’re right, as the qualifiers benefit will be massive if successful Russell.

Keeping Kent is vital, and although I’m expecting Alfredo to go, we really do need to replace him with similar attributes, as he’s shown himself to be vital to how we play.

In fact, it could be argued that those two & Borna are our most vital players in that we don’t have anything close to them if we had to replace them. I’d have had Tav in there too until young Nathan burst onto the scene so impressively.

Despite so many other good players, the others have closer substitutes / replacements.
I know it doesn't help now,but I think we missed a trick when Weissmann went to Valladolid for 4 million euros last summer.
I like Itten but Weissmann is more of a direct replacement for Alfie imo.

Agree about Borna and Tav pre Patterson showing how capable he is.
If we sell Borna we need to buy someone like Puchacz or Melling and develop them to hopefully become as good imo.That takes time.

In a strange way it might be easier to replace Kamara and Helander despite how brilliant both have been this season.
Big decisions when bids inevitably come in at some points for players.

With Roofe out, we can’t go into the CL qualifiers without Morelos.

As I right in thinking you can now register per phase, so the old, cup-tied element doesn’t exist?

I know it doesn't help now,but I think we missed a trick when Weissmann went to Valladolid for 4 million euros last summer.

If we sell Borna we need to buy someone like Puchacz or Melling and develop them to hopefully become as good imo.That takes time.

In a strange way it might be easier to replace Kamara and Helander despite how brilliant both have been this season.
Really liked Puchacz, would be comfortable with him replacing Barisic and kicking on.

Reactions: cav
I think we will likely sell a couple of our assets this summer ... the Question is which ones?

At a guess I will say Goldson and Kamara.

I also wonder if Itten will still be here, he hasn’t played very often and struggled to get any game time at all since the start of the year.

I think we will likely sell a couple of our assets this summer ... the Question is which ones?

At a guess I will say Goldson and Kamara.

I also wonder if Itten will still be here, he hasn’t played very often and struggled to get any game time at all since the start of the year.
Goldson would be a huge loss,massive I'd say.But if he won't sign a new deal and we're talking several million quid we won't have a choice really.
I feel guilty saying Kamara is easier to replace than others,because he's been brilliant for us.But if the money is right and it allows us to hang onto Alfie and Borna...

Itten might fancy going back home,but I doubt we'll recoup what we paid.

no way are we selling all these class players and our manager will not either and fans would have something to say especially if winning the league next season we get straight into champions league
maybe sell two stars at most even if we don't qualify for champions league in August

Is Weissman doing well at Valladolid Cav ? Just wondering if he’s not settled & might still be an option.

Yes, I’m just of the opinion that we have no current alternative even close to what Borna gives us. Hopefully Wilson’s team have been creating that in the background, as he’s been vital for us this season.

I agree with you on Glen & the big prod. Two guys who have been excellent but more easily replaced & hopefully at good prices, especially Glen. To be honest, I think Glen has shown an extra dimension to his attacking game over the last few months & I think his value could grow if he stays next season.

Is Weissman doing well at Valladolid Cav ? Just wondering if he’s not settled & might still be an option.

Yes, I’m just of the opinion that we have no current alternative even close to what Borna gives us. Hopefully Wilson’s team have been creating that in the background, as he’s been vital for us this season.

I agree with you on Glen & the big prod. Two guys who have been excellent but more easily replaced & hopefully at good prices, especially Glen. To be honest, I think Glen has shown an extra dimension to his attacking game over the last few months & I think his value could grow if he stays next season.
Weissman has scored 7 goals in 31 games, not great but if he is playing regularly he would probably cost a fair bit

Weissman has scored 7 goals in 31 games, not great but if he is playing regularly he would probably cost a fair bit

Yes, not great JD, albeit that’s in La Liga.

I must admit, if we got 18-20m for Morelos we could maybe push to 5-6m ?

How is Josh Mata doing at loan in England ? He looked to tick a few boxes investment wise.

With Roofe out, we can’t go into the CL qualifiers without Morelos.

As I right in thinking you can now register per phase, so the old, cup-tied element doesn’t exist?
Not sure but would be interested to hear the answer to this also.

Yes, not great JD, albeit that’s in La Liga.

I must admit, if we got 18-20m for Morelos we could maybe push to 5-6m ?

How is Josh Mata doing at loan in England ? He looked to tick a few boxes investment wise.
Josh Maja at Fulham scored 3 in 14 games , 9 of which he started . Stats suggest a unconvincing spell but then again it is a relegation team so maybe not unexpected .

I’d think he is the type who would be a loan with buy option move if Rangers were to look at him tbh but I’ve not seen his games for either club this seasons to see how he personally has looked .

Everyone in the team has a price even those who have just signed a new contract. If teams meet our valuations then they will be accepted. However, whether the players want to move is another question. I can’t see why any player would want to move to a team that doesn’t realistically have a chance of european football or are a lesser club than us unless their goal is money.
There has been much speculation in the media about interest from some of the EPL's 'top six' in Leeds' Brazilian winger Raphinha, if such a deal where to happen , I think Leeds would make a major push for Kent.

Let us examine the hypothetical Kent-to-Leeds scenario. If a bid came in that met Rangers valuation, then the player would have a decision to make: would he opt for the chance to experience the CL with Rangers, or go for the regular exposure in the EPL that playing for a pretty decent Leeds side would give, and with it the added bonus of putting him in the frame for a possible England call-up?

If Kent goes we won’t sell anyone else as the money received for him would be enough to buy all the tea in China

There are no such reports. Stop talking pish.
One such extract..........

They would be serious competition for Rangers, who, according to De Telegraaf journalist Valentijn Driessen, might not be the best move for Veerman anyway.

“I can imagine that Veerman is an interesting player for PSV. Joey Veerman just has to stay in the Netherlands,” the website report him saying.

“He is very homesick. That is one of the reasons why he is never selected for the national side.

“He has played once for the Netherland Under 21s. After that, they didn’t need to select him because he had other things on his mind during the international weeks.

Think it’ll be a Hagi that gets sold along with the fringe players like Barker and Jones.

They would be serious competition for Rangers, who, according to De Telegraaf journalist Valentijn Driessen, might not be the best move for Veerman anyway.

“I can imagine that Veerman is an interesting player for PSV. Joey Veerman just has to stay in the Netherlands,” the website report him saying.

“He is very homesick. That is one of the reasons why he is never selected for the national side.

“He has played once for the Netherland Under 21s. After that, they didn’t need to select him because he had other things on his mind during the international weeks.

Bullshit mate.

Who gets homesick going away to play a game for a week or two, strange character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back