Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sport Witness
@Sport_Witness

Zinedine Ferhat | Rangers have highlighted player for summer window – Steven Gerrard’s side considering signing. http://sportwitness.co.uk/rangers-highlighted-zinedine-ferhat-summer-window-steven-gerrards-side-considering-signing/… #rangersfc
https://t.co/aUDP0IVWpb?amp=1
Just seen this on Twitter - is a page with 127k followers so I'll give it the benefit for now.

Info from Trasnfermarkt.co.uk Ferhat is a 28y/o Algerian right sided midfield/ attacking midfielder playing in French Ligue 1 with 6 goals and 10 assists in 32 games for Nimes who look to be relegated this year - so not bad return for a low team I'd say.

edit - haven't read the article so could all just be bollocks of course
Never seen him play but good stats in terms of goals and assist from midfield.

Sport Witness
@Sport_Witness

Zinedine Ferhat | Rangers have highlighted player for summer window – Steven Gerrard’s side considering signing. http://sportwitness.co.uk/rangers-highlighted-zinedine-ferhat-summer-window-steven-gerrards-side-considering-signing/… #rangersfc
https://t.co/aUDP0IVWpb?amp=1
Just seen this on Twitter - is a page with 127k followers so I'll give it the benefit for now.

Info from Trasnfermarkt.co.uk Ferhat is a 28y/o Algerian right sided midfield/ attacking midfielder playing in French Ligue 1 with 6 goals and 10 assists in 32 games for Nimes who look to be relegated this year - so not bad return for a low team I'd say.

edit - haven't read the article so could all just be bollocks of course
Just a quick glance but to me he looks identical to Hagi in the sense he has everything you could want technically but lacks in pace a tiny bit. His dribbling looks unreal in his videos but, beats a couple players in nearly every move.

Stats might say this guy is on his way up in a later part of his career this season looks his best and he was in ligue2 before . Fine .
Tall and two good feet looks to be maybe doing a role a little like Aribo in his forward position would you say ?

you would imagine French club would be on his case if he’s moving but should Nimes survive they would either need to have him extend or wish to sell . One to watch .

Last edited:
Just turned 28 and valued over £7m on transfer markt which tends to downplay values. I'd be surprised if there's anything in this

People should keep in mind that this is purely a figure set up by TM to value a player against similar players in their data. Based on league, team position, length of contract, previous money etc..

A transfer fee will be solely made between the buyer and the seller and what the later demands/sees fit. That, though, Transfermarkt, can not determine and hence that info can mostly be ignored.

We will not be able to replace Kent.
The best we can hope for is for Wright and / or Sakala to still be better than the rest.

Rest assured, we will.

I see that line frequently and have seen it dozen times before with other players, then we find a Morelos or a Kamara or players in the past who filled the boots admirably or simply brought a new/different quality. Latest example is Tav being out and Patterson coming in. "He´s no Tav!" people may say, but I can`t say that I missed Tav that much while Patterson was playing. Who knows how Wright and/or Roofe will step in or how life will be after Morelos. There is no doubt that we will miss this or that quality of Kent every now and then, but we can hardly tell how people will step up or how they improve the team in another`s absence ... unless we see them as regularly as Kent.

Just saying.

People should keep in mind that this is purely a figure set up by TM to value a player against similar players in their data. Based on league, team position, length of contract, previous money etc..

A transfer fee will be solely made between the buyer and the seller and what the later demands/sees fit. That, though, Transfermarkt, can not determine and hence that info can mostly be ignored.

His value on transfermarket increased around £5million in the past 12 months, he's in the last year of his contract and was signed as a bosman 3 seasons ago, we could probably get him for under £3million.

Jermain Defoe: Rangers striker wants to spend another season at Ibrox​

Defoe is believed to be winding down his playing career and wants another season at Rangers to play in front of the club's fans; the former England international's deal expires at the end of May; he has featured in 11 Scottish Premiership games during Rangers' title-winning season

... https://www.skysports.com/football/...triker-wants-to-spend-another-season-at-Ibrox

Just turned 28 and valued over £7m on transfer markt which tends to downplay values. I'd be surprised if there's anything in this
I like Transfermarkt and use it a lot for stats and other info. Their transfer valuations, however, are notoriously inaccurate. I wouldn't give them any credence whatsoever. Not even as a 'ballpark' figure. They can be absolutely miles out. Examples would be Kent at circa £7m, Kamara at circa £4m and Aribo at circa £3m. Just imagine this place if we sold all three for circa £14m.:eek:

It's been publicly known we've opened contract talks with 2 of the 3 ;)
Ach, don't quote just that bit and leave out my final sentence:

Let's get Goldson sorted first and then take it from there. Plenty time to talk to the others once the immediate issue is resolved one way or another.

Ferhat would be one for now, which I’m all for, and would signal that we fans may be underestimating our ambitions in this window. £25M reasons not to end the pursuit of success this summer!

I’d like to think we could bring in a okay amount of profit on Edmundson since he’s been starting regularly at derby( I think) and possibly a okay amount for barker and jones since looking at their time on loan both have played 19 games each and both have 7 goal involvements each, that’s decent stats that’s hopefully caught the eye at their respective clubs or the championship, see if they do well over the play offs and all goes well there’s no reason why we couldn’t get 4/5 million for the two

Rest assured, we will.

I see that line frequently and have seen it dozen times before with other players, then we find a Morelos or a Kamara or players in the past who filled the boots admirably or simply brought a new/different quality. Latest example is Tav being out and Patterson coming in. "He´s no Tav!" people may say, but I can`t say that I missed Tav that much while Patterson was playing. Who knows how Wright and/or Roofe will step in or how life will be after Morelos. There is no doubt that we will miss this or that quality of Kent every now and then, but we can hardly tell how people will step up or how they improve the team in another`s absence ... unless we see them as regularly as Kent.

Just saying.
I think that’s what I said!:D

I watched a game from Norway last night due to waiting on a bet and a player from it stuck out like a sore thumb, right winger Aron Donnum, he was absolutely outstanding for Valerega, so much so I started looking him up, I wonder if anyone follows Norwegian football and knows if he’s consistent, his stats suggest he is:

Ps I know this isn’t a transfer rumour but I couldn’t think of anywhere else to put it :0)

My man here scored twice tonight for Valerenga, he is some player and a gallus wee fucker too, get him signed Rangers.

Yes Russell, getting quality into that midfield will be massive. Winning the league effectively has a 35m euro prize, because it guarantees direct CL Group entry, so these guys are worth investing in. I thought we were one short this season to be honest, and that was before Zungu proved he wasn’t the answer.

Interesting your view on central defence. I know our goals lost record was incredible, but I’ve not been convinced we have a proper balance in there for playing top clubs. To me, I like to see a reader / footballer and a strong & pacy partner. None of our guys had pace, albeit Goldson & Helander are clever footballers. I’d like to see us securing the physical / pacy option. It would allow us to play higher up the park. The obvious example is the Benfica equaliser in Lisbon to illustrate my point.
Yeah I totally agree Grigio...Goldson made me eat humble pie this season (I didn’t think we could win league with him being our main defender) & hopefully I’ll continue chewing humble pie next season.

However if you told me we will move Goldson or Helander on for a profit & bring a more physical/ dynamic & faster defender in I wouldn’t loose any sleep...I’d actually be excited.

Its so good supporting Rangers now...we’ve secured 55 with a record clean sheets & I’m looking to replace CH’s I deserve a boot in the you know what.

I’m buzzing for Saturday. Who’s your player of the year pal? I’ll vote Steven Davis closely followed by Shagger & Kent.

Ferhat looks good in the youtube clip above.

Only downside would be that he is another who we could lose during the ACON.

Balogun, Aribo and Sakala already likely to be missing for a chunk of games for us.

Ferhat looks good in the youtube clip above.

Only downside would be that he is another who we could lose during the ACON.

Balogun, Aribo and Sakala already likely to be missing for a chunk of games for us.
Not sure Zambia qualifified mate but yes it’s one to watch

Yeah I totally agree Grigio...Goldson made me eat humble pie this season (I didn’t think we could win league with him being our main defender) & hopefully I’ll continue chewing humble pie next season.

However if you told me we will move Goldson or Helander on for a profit & bring a more physical/ dynamic & faster defender in I wouldn’t loose any sleep...I’d actually be excited.

Its so good supporting Rangers now...we’ve secured 55 with a record clean sheets & I’m looking to replace CH’s I deserve a boot in the you know what.

I’m buzzing for Saturday. Who’s your player of the year pal? I’ll vote Steven Davis closely followed by Shagger & Kent.

Well said Russell.

I think it’s a toss up between Tav & Steven Davis Russell, and I’m hoping they get an award each, as they both deserve one IMO.

It’s great that we’ve won the league & for me it’s the best ever.

After the shit & abuse we took for years, this last 5/6 months have been hysterical mate. Some of the wind ups have been absolutely brilliant.

Most importantly, we now know for sure we’ve got our Rangers back.

Well said Russell.

I think it’s a toss up between Tav & Steven Davis Russell, and I’m hoping they get an award each, as they both deserve one IMO.

It’s great that we’ve won the league & for me it’s the best ever.

After the shit & abuse we took for years, this last 5/6 months have been hysterical mate. Some of the wind ups have been absolutely brilliant.

Most importantly, we now know for sure we’ve got our Rangers back.
Yes I forgot to mention Tav...he has been immense domestically & in Europe. There’s 5/6 candidates in our team which shows why we will break the 100 points barrier.

Enjoy the celebration mate.

Our loyalty over this last decade has been tested to the extreme SAB.

And we have passed it with flying colours.

No one can ever claim that we’re just glory hunters, and the evidence proves that.

Very proud of every single bear.
Spot on GY. It's going to be emotional for a lot of different reasons. Our support has proved it really is the best.

Ach, don't quote just that bit and leave out my final sentence:

Let's get Goldson sorted first and then take it from there. Plenty time to talk to the others once the immediate issue is resolved one way or another.

I was more meaning in reply to your tongue-in-cheek comment to me mentioning Morelos' contract situation mate :D

Hopefully we do get these players tied down, letting them run towards the last 12 months of their contract most certainly weakens our negotiation position.

I'm not expecting massive changes this summer, hopefully new contracts for some of our key players (Goldson, Kamara, Kent and even Morelos) with a few added who can improve the starting XI.

Plenty of deadwood we need to shift out first and foremost, as well as trying to sort loans for younger players who wont feature much (if any) like Mayo (and possibly Katic).

Stewart & Barjonas out of contract, Zungu loan ending and then the likes of: Middleton (possibly out on loan again), Jones, Edmundson, Barker & Hastie.

If we can get a number of these boys off the books, and then add 1 or 2 starters to the squad we'd be ideal (will need to replace anyone sold too).

I was more meaning in reply to your tongue-in-cheek comment to me mentioning Morelos' contract situation mate :D

Hopefully we do get these players tied down, letting them run towards the last 12 months of their contract most certainly weakens our negotiation position.

I'm not expecting massive changes this summer, hopefully new contracts for some of our key players (Goldson, Kamara, Kent and even Morelos) with a few added who can improve the starting XI.

Plenty of deadwood we need to shift out first and foremost, as well as trying to sort loans for younger players who wont feature much (if any) like Mayo (and possibly Katic).

Stewart & Barjonas out of contract, Zungu loan ending and then the likes of: Middleton (possibly out on loan again), Jones, Edmundson, Barker & Hastie.

If we can get a number of these boys off the books, and then add 1 or 2 starters to the squad we'd be ideal (will need to replace anyone sold too).
No worries mate, I think we are broadly in agreement. Looking back I should have stuck a wee emoji on my last response to you. Didn't come across quite as I'd intended.

Us and them are being linked with MK Dons LB Matty Sorinola on a bosman. Only 20, very attacking, good technique, likes a shot and seems to be quite 2 footed.

MK dons seem to have given their players small video packages of that players season.

Played 30+ games this season at a decent level. I wouldn't mind picking him up on a cross border Transfer (like Bassey and Aribo). Loan Bassey out for some much needed first team football and have this lad back up Borna for a season.

Last edited:
Djed Spence being linked now by the record very athletic attacking Right Back but can't see it happening for the obvious reasons
Yeah I don't forsee us spending £5 million on a RB when we already have the 2 best RBs in the country.

Only way I could imagine it happening is if we change formation or one changes position.

5 at the back with Patterson as a CB. Imagine his galloping runs from CB.

Tav becomes a CM, he seems to have all the attributes needed to be a box-to-box cm.

None of those will happen and we won't be spending a big part of our budget on a back up RB.

Us and them are being linked with MK Dons LB Matty Sorinola on a bosman. Only 20, very attacking, good technique, likes a shot and seems to be quite 2 footed.

MK dons seem to have given their players small video packages of that players season.

Played 30+ games this season at a decent level. I wouldn't mind picking him up on a cross border Transfer (like Bassey and Aribo). Loan Bassey out for some much needed first team football and have this lad back up Borna for a season.
Hes an RB im sure

transfermrkt says different, I could have sworn he was an RB on FM haha

I suggested we sign this guy back in 2018 after he set a record for the most assists in a season in Ligue 2. Don't know if he would be good enough but his assists numbers over the years are impressive.

When us and the scumbags get linked with the same player, it always sets off agent talking up his player alarm bells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back