Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Football Insider today saying they were informed we have scouted Ivan Lepinjica from Rijeka. Captain of the Croatia u21, defensive central midfielder. Looks like a good ball winner, good technique and passing. It did state he was hampered by injuries last year though

Who was that strange Scottish "journalist" on Twitter that is an expert on Croatian football again?

Could ask him - if he states there is no chance of this happening then he is definitely signing.

A younger player would be perfect for our defensive midfield position. Come in next season and have a season bedding in and learning under the master before he hangs his boots up.

Football Insider talk rubbish. Throw shite at a wall and hope it sticks. Its as bad a source as Rangers Rumours.

Every report says we “scouted” players, easy to get away with saying “oh they did, but they didn’t go for him”.

Didn't play very often last season only 11% of matches, any idea what type of injury?
Look at this DeeGer it says he was in fact on the bench mostly and used as sub rather than injured so not sure .
I did watch a brief match package vs dinamo which he started last month and it could be he is a little immobile or ‘stiff’ but obviously hard to say unless you know the players . Could be he does have underlying physical explanations.

Last edited:
Football Insider talk rubbish. Throw shite at a wall and hope it sticks. Its as bad a source as Rangers Rumours.

Every report says we “scouted” players, easy to get away with saying “oh they did, but they didn’t go for him”.
You don’t find these players without scouting them to some extent. I think our new recruitment team will probably have scouted hundreds of players so it isn’t beyond possibility

You don’t find these players without scouting them to some extent. I think our new recruitment team will probably have scouted hundreds of players so it isn’t beyond possibility
The fact we brought in Katic from not even a common Croatian team suggests we see it as a good option.

Croatian players just don't let us down so far so I good marketplace IMO

Yes, and I could fling out articles everyday pretending we scouted such and such. Which is exactly what they are doing.

Football Insider today saying they were informed we have scouted Ivan Lepinjica from Rijeka. Captain of the Croatia u21, defensive central midfielder. Looks like a good ball winner, good technique and passing. It did state he was hampered by injuries last year though
Croatia u21 captain. It’s a yes from me!

I don’t think anyone at Rangers have ever told football insider anything tbh.

a couple of clicks later were also going for a Sparta Rotterdam CM and most likely to sign Barry Douglas.

Look at whos in the midfield currently, think about the upgrade in performance required to contest the CL matches.

Ali McCann? Hes a good player but really this would be a step back at a time when we need to step up.

McCrorie, Docherty couldnt get any real game time and had to leave. Kelly going the same way and they dont seem any worse than McCann.
Ali McCann is a rapidly improving player in a much poorer team. He performed significantly better than Kelly for Ross County. McCrorie and Docherty have moved on and their performances for their new employers would indicate both have found their level. Neither are subject of attention from bigger clubs.

McCann may improve further if playing with better players. Played well in the three games I seen him against us. In cup game would have had him as man of the match. Only team to come to Ibrox and win.

Kelly might also improve and is worth a try. Neither would be first team starters straight away but would be decent squad players. FWIW Mccan has calmness and assurance who on the ball that not many have. He wouldn't cost the earth.

How can they afford €20m players?
Do they sell big?
They sold a guy with 7 first team games to United for £40 mil, they also have access to CL money (I imagine decent prize money through their domestic success too) and don’t spend big wages.

They have made a lot more big sales

Kulusevski - £30m
Bastoni - £28m
Kessie - £22m
Conti - £20m
Castagne - £20m
Barrow - £14m

The interesting thing here, all these guys were really young and had barely played any football, they are an exceptionally run club punching above their weight.

@A1bertz I’m an Atalanta fan (fan of most Italian sides to be fair) - they can spend big money but they don’t pay a lot on wages :))

Edit: just realised there’s actually a few big sales between Barrow and Conti too.

Last edited:
Not sure how true this is, and don't know if anybody has heard anything, but I saw this on the news now rangers page

I’d rather we stayed away from South American players myself. No offence to Alfie but they can head off to national games for ages then there’s the jet lag etc. However wtf do I know. Our management and back office team have done a great job so far, so I’ll shurrup.

They sold a guy with 7 first team games to United for £40 mil, they also have access to CL money (I imagine decent prize money through their domestic success too) and don’t spend big wages.

They have made a lot more big sales

Kulusevski - £30m
Bastoni - £28m
Kessie - £22m
Conti - £20m
Castagne - £20m
Barrow - £14m

The interesting thing here, all these guys were really young and had barely played any football, they are an exceptionally run club punching above their weight.

@A1bertz I’m an Atalanta fan (fan of most Italian sides to be fair) - they can spend big money but they don’t pay a lot on wages :))

Edit: just realised there’s actually a few big sales between Barrow and Conti too.
What sort of salaries fo Atalanta pay erskine ?

I’d rather we stayed away from South American players myself. No offence to Alfie but they can head off to national games for ages then there’s the jet lag etc. However wtf do I know. Our management and back office team have done a great job so far, so I’ll shurrup.

You got the same issue with Africans and Asians, also?

What about Arfield? Canada isn’t on the door step either.

Global world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back