Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What sort of salaries fo Atalanta pay erskine ?
I don’t have figures mate, but from memory it’s the 6th or 7th lowest in Serie A and round about the same as Reading in the English Championship.

Obviously they will have outliers in their squad who get more, but on average they don’t pay an awful lot of cash for a team who are in the CL knockouts.

I imagine guys like Ilicic and Zapata are on big wages, they’ll be the outliers.

I’d rather we stayed away from South American players myself. No offence to Alfie but they can head off to national games for ages then there’s the jet lag etc. However wtf do I know. Our management and back office team have done a great job so far, so I’ll shurrup.
Let's just sign Scottish players then. No issue with national team call ups or jet lag. :rolleyes:

I’d rather we stayed away from South American players myself. No offence to Alfie but they can head off to national games for ages then there’s the jet lag etc. However wtf do I know. Our management and back office team have done a great job so far, so I’ll shurrup.
Yeah, I'm with you. Fùck buying the next Falcao or James Rodriguez if they're away 4 weeks of the year.

Stopped at

Vital Rangers has already revealed that we are not on the lookout for additional reinforcements to the forward line,

They sold a guy with 7 first team games to United for £40 mil, they also have access to CL money (I imagine decent prize money through their domestic success too) and don’t spend big wages.

They have made a lot more big sales

Kulusevski - £30m
Bastoni - £28m
Kessie - £22m
Conti - £20m
Castagne - £20m
Barrow - £14m

The interesting thing here, all these guys were really young and had barely played any football, they are an exceptionally run club punching above their weight.

@A1bertz I’m an Atalanta fan (fan of most Italian sides to be fair) - they can spend big money but they don’t pay a lot on wages :))
Shows what a bit of financial muscle and good scouting can achieve. Also if players can see you as a good stepping stone with plenty game time at a good level then they’ll make the move!

Thanks LD5 , not doubting you at all but is there a website source I can look up all the other clubs that gives the salary spending / incomes ?
Not sure of any accurate ones that display all clubs mate, for instance salarysport has us down as £20m which just isn't true.

I'd agree,we've been really lucky Alfie has turned up trumps for us,but I can remember Seb Rozental before him who barely kicked a ball for us. I hope we stick to Europe and it would seem Africa as well.

I'd agree,we've been really lucky Alfie has turned up trumps for us,but I can remember Seb Rozental before him who barely kicked a ball for us. I hope we stick to Europe and it would seem Africa as well.
You can’t use someone getting a serious injury on their debut as an argument against signing South American’s :))

They are hit and miss like every other signing.

Hit - Alfie and Cannigia
Okay - Amato
Miss - Emerson and Seb.

Looked at the clips of the colombian MF player Andres Colorado mentioned in another posters link . If we are looking for the Zungu type of player then it appears he is that sort . Looks more athletic and dynamic than BZ which was probably his greatest shortfall in matching our needs.

Everyone gets old, if we are spared (my Wee Free Gran) and no one is irreplaceable . Billy Stevenson was a very good left half but Jim Baxter was better. Same with Alex Scott, wee Hen'erson came along. Jimmy Miller and Jim Forrest. Davie Wilson ans Willie Johnston.

It happens in every era and as long as Kamara is succeeded by someone better then so be it.

Think anyone will make a move for Muriel?
Im a little grey on who that is.
Atalanta striker mate Colombian boy l, I had no idea he turned 30 this year thought he was in his mid 20's another good season nearly 30 goals and 12 assists in 40 odd games.
8986f52120428df935b413e51fc07526.gif

Random question but what is the work permit criteria now for players from South America etc coming to the UK? Has it become easier for us to get these type of players as I know it was the talk at the start of the year.

Morelos had played elsewhere in Europe before coming here.

Tbf he got a really serious knee injury when he joined us and never recovered from that

Our source for these names is solid.

The players have been recommended to the club, whether or not anything happens (interest, work permits, etc) is another matter.

To be fair that doesn't really mean anything, anyone could know a football agent of some sort, or someone involved in the game outwith Rangers, who has told people that they've recommended a player to Rangers, or any club. Means nothing as the only people who do know who we're after is Gerrard and his team, Andy Scoulding and most importantly Ross Wilson.

To be fair that doesn't really mean anything, anyone could know a football agent of some sort, or someone involved in the game outwith Rangers, who has told people that they've recommended a player to Rangers, or any club. Means nothing as the only people who do know who we're after is Gerrard and his team, Andy Scoulding and most importantly Ross Wilson.

I completely agree with your last sentence.

It's not a claim to be ITK or that Rangers will definitely be targeting these two lads.

All I was backing up is that the VR source is solid on this one.

Random question but what is the work permit criteria now for players from South America etc coming to the UK? Has it become easier for us to get these type of players as I know it was the talk at the start of the year.
It's a lot easier. The continental competitions in South America are considered the same level as the European competitions and the league's are rated high. If they are playing most games and some continental games then you are close to guaranteed a work permit. It's actually going to be harder to get a player from Norway, Sweden, etc than it is to get one from Colombia post Brexit.

I said it when we were linked with Moreno. Colombia is an untapped market. Players very rarely leave their league for more than £4 million pound. With the fees usually around £2 million or lower. Given the quality of the Colombian national team and the quality of player they have produced over the years, it is a very good market to target.

Most won't be first team ready but they will be very good project players, who could improve over a number of years and make us millions eventually.

Anything on the Patrick Berg link?
I like the look of him and would be relatively cheap.

The link I've seen just says Scottish club. I think it's probably more likely to be Celtic than us. For us he is a project CM for them he is close to a guaranteed starter.

The link I've seen just says Scottish club. I think it's probably more likely to be Celtic than us. For us he is a project CM for them he is close to a guaranteed starter.
Actually disagree with that. He’s good enough to start for us imo. Would be brilliant if we could get him in.

Celtic were in for his former teammate Zinckernagel who ended up at Watford, so they may well have been looking at Berg too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back