Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
By that analogy then Ryan jack would be the Scottish version of Rossiter? Says he's been injured this season I didn't read that he's injured all the time.
The report said that he had injury problems and physical problems ... and during his 70 games for Rijeka he averaged 54odd mins per game, which can be gathered from TM stats. Can`t tell whether that`s good or bad in that place and how he performed, but Rossiter was and probably is hugely talented, but was hampered in his early progress by injuries too. We shall see.

I don’t have figures mate, but from memory it’s the 6th or 7th lowest in Serie A and round about the same as Reading in the English Championship.

Obviously they will have outliers in their squad who get more, but on average they don’t pay an awful lot of cash for a team who are in the CL knockouts.

I imagine guys like Ilicic and Zapata are on big wages, they’ll be the outliers.
From memory Atalanta pay the same kind of wages as Reading? That’s some memory.

Our wage bill is around £45m?? Really?? Genuine question. I'd have thought it was more like half of that.
Around about the £40m mark I'm sure anyway, it was just above £30m when SG came in and we have heavily invested in every area of the footballing structure so I assume it has increased a fair whack.

Their wage bill is not too dissimilar to ours, around the £45m mark.
Dunno about total staff costs, you may well be correct and certainly won’t be too far out. Last years Annual Report had our First Team playing squad costs at £29.7m.

From the BBC - One of Celtic or Rangers have expressed an interest in Norway midfielder Patrick Berg. Reports in Norway state an unnamed Scottish Premiership club have made an approach over the 23-year-old, with Bodø/Glimt seeking a fee in the region of £13m

No way either us or the tims are going to spend £13 million on a player.

Looked at the clips of the colombian MF player Andres Colorado mentioned in another posters link . If we are looking for the Zungu type of player then it appears he is that sort . Looks more athletic and dynamic than BZ which was probably his greatest shortfall in matching our needs.
We need a unit.

From the BBC - One of Celtic or Rangers have expressed an interest in Norway midfielder Patrick Berg. Reports in Norway state an unnamed Scottish Premiership club have made an approach over the 23-year-old, with Bodø/Glimt seeking a fee in the region of £13m

I'm seeking a night with Charlize Theron but that's no happening either :))

I think they misread it, and instead the report is suggesting 13m Krone.

I think even with 1 year on his contract they could probably get more than that, especially with the season they had and Berg in particular. Then again, Hauge was their best player, pretty known talent and had a decent contract and still only went for £4.5m
I'm sure Berg has had a few injury problems so that might play a part in the smaller fee. He is also 3/4 years older than Hauge so that takes away from the fee aswell.

I'm sure Berg has had a few injury problems so that might play a part in the smaller fee. He is also 3/4 years older than Hauge so that takes away from the fee aswell.
Yeah wouldn't expect them to get quite the £4.5m but still thought around the £2m mark would be possible.

Yeah wouldn't expect them to get quite the £4.5m but still thought around the £2m mark would be possible.
It probably will. At that low a price I suspect numerous clubs to be interested and a bidding war ups the price closer to £2 million.

Rangers have rejected multiple bids for defender George Edmundson, Football Insider understands

A Rangers source has told Football Insider English clubs are keen on taking advantage of Edmundson slipping down the Ibrox pecking order.

It is understood a number of English sides have lodged bids for Edmundson but Rangers have rejected them so far.

Rangers have rejected multiple bids for defender George Edmundson, Football Insider understands

A Rangers source has told Football Insider English clubs are keen on taking advantage of Edmundson slipping down the Ibrox pecking order.

It is understood a number of English sides have lodged bids for Edmundson but Rangers have rejected them so far.

I think we’ll just be playing hardball to try and drive the price up.

Loaning him out and hoping he has another good season might’ve been a good idea if he had longer than 2 years left on his contract. It’s too big of a risk to take now though on a guy that (if we’re honest) probably isn’t good enough to be starting regularly for us.

£1.5million with a 20% sell on would be good business IMO.

It's like £29m on first team players. Higher for all staff which might be around £45m although I'm not sure on the total figure.
When's that snapshotted from though? Right up until this summer end we've had residual signings from the pre-Gerrard era and a few moves that didnt work out well from his very early days.

I suspect our wage build is coming down and, on the assumption the bloated squad gets trimmed this summer, will decrease a bit more.

Rangers really have too many players sitting on a wage who either dont play or just appear for 15-20 mins in a game here and there.

The squad needs to be more dynamic in its function, not only does it obvs help the team but it helps reduce financial waste. I think we'll see it happen now Gerrard has constructed his own team 100% and its firing. No more dice roll signings, only those coming in to make improvements on whats there and that will be very much reflected in our targets, as we've seen already.

As for Berg, sounds like a Celtic deal. Theyve utilised the Scandinavian marker well while Rangers, somewhat inexplicably, have ignored it (Alfie aside). If Rangers are really in for a CF its because hes going and if thats the case itd surely be a bigger name/fee involved using that transfer fee in part to finance?

Usually both Old Firm clubs being linked to a player means it's an agent trying to attract interest to their player tbh. Both Galatasaray and Fenerbahce are linked to Berg as well which means the same thing as well. I like the look of Patrick Berg though, comes from good stock. Probably end up in Belgium or Italy :))

Honestly though, begs the question, who is doing the player recruitment at Celtic atm? They sacked their head of recruitment towards the end of the season, they haven't hired a new one as far as I'm aware!? They don't have a sporting director or a director of football, so is Lawwell running about wheeling and dealing before he retires in a few months? Cause I doubt Ange has had a sit down meeting with his head scouts yet and given the nature of the appointment ,I doubt he's even drawn up any plans on who to sign yet either. Weird they seemed to be linked with players a fair bit.

Usually both Old Firm clubs being linked to a player means it's an agent trying to attract interest to their player tbh. Both Galatasaray and Fenerbahce are linked to Berg as well which means the same thing as well. I like the look of Patrick Berg though, comes from good stock. Probably end up in Belgium or Italy :))

Honestly though, begs the question, who is doing the player recruitment at Celtic atm? They sacked their head of recruitment towards the end of the season, they haven't hired a new one as far as I'm aware!? They don't have a sporting director or a director of football, so is Lawwell running about wheeling and dealing before he retires in a few months? Cause I doubt Ange has had a sit down meeting with his head scouts yet and given the nature of the appointment ,I doubt he's even drawn up any plans on who to sign yet either. Weird they seemed to be linked with players a fair bit.

I reckon it's Lawwell which wont make that lot happy one bit. Though as you say, some rumours are just made up pish to attract interest.

I reckon it's Lawwell which wont make that lot happy one bit. Though as you say, some rumours are just made up pish to attract interest.
Nah, it's Strachan. He even has analysis software on his iPad linked into transfermarkt which gives him a dynamic update during a game of where they need to improve.

Gather they're waiting for an update to the software. It couldn't handle the number of simultaneous requests it was sending from his device. :))

When's that snapshotted from though? Right up until this summer end we've had residual signings from the pre-Gerrard era and a few moves that didnt work out well from his very early days.

I suspect our wage build is coming down and, on the assumption the bloated squad gets trimmed this summer, will decrease a bit more.

Rangers really have too many players sitting on a wage who either dont play or just appear for 15-20 mins in a game here and there.

The squad needs to be more dynamic in its function, not only does it obvs help the team but it helps reduce financial waste. I think we'll see it happen now Gerrard has constructed his own team 100% and its firing. No more dice roll signings, only those coming in to make improvements on whats there and that will be very much reflected in our targets, as we've seen already.

As for Berg, sounds like a Celtic deal. Theyve utilised the Scandinavian marker well while Rangers, somewhat inexplicably, have ignored it (Alfie aside). If Rangers are really in for a CF its because hes going and if thats the case itd surely be a bigger name/fee involved using that transfer fee in part to finance?
It's from our annual accounts which Valley Bluenose mentioned above. The exact figure is £29.7m and has increased every year since we came back up to the top flight. Bear in mind that when Gerrard came in our entire revenue was about £29m and now we can spend that on first team players alone due to the growth in revenue by just over 100%.

That is a good thing as it allows us to compete! Celtic's is about £33m I think.

I think it's unlikely that our wage bill will decrease much if at all this summer mainly due to new contracts for our players who are now more wanted and valuable.

We have something like 30 first team players now. Sure we will lose some fringe players but I think ultimately it's unlikely our total figure will ever dip below 25/26 as we need a big squad for all the competitions we are in.

I mean... I agree. But let's just stick up the obligatory YouTube just now anyways for old times sake. He was a season tickets worth of value in himself:

Loved him at the time also and would have loved to keep him if we manage to stay in the top flight but I doubt he's the same player now 10 years later

How is he only 32! He seemed to have been around at Aberdeen forever when we signed him. Thought he was 26-27 at the time!!

I remember thinking he always flattered to deceive at Aberdeen, one good game in six type player and was really underwhelmed when he signed.

Was absolutely excellent for us, one of those situations where the player and the club were perfect for each other. A bit of light in what was a really dark season. Would have loved to have seen him in a side like the current team, him and Kent would tear the league apart.

Berg is a CM bud. He is good value if the £1.1-1.5 million is true.

I'd also look at Bodo's LB, Fredrik André Bjørkan. He is only 22 and his contract expires in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back